Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

What do you expect as Win/Loss ratio for the next 6 games?

• 6-0

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • 5-1

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • 4-2

Votes: 35 28.7%
  • 3-3

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • 2-4

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • 1-5

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 0-6

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks will officially be out of the race now. To much of a hill to climb from here on results wise for them.

So far only 1 of the 5 games that had a bearing on our standings have gone in our favour. Essendon upsetting Fremantle will be nice. But not as big a game as the previous ones. Of course the Hawks had to choke late vs the Giants.

Hawks will officially be out of the race now. To much of a hill to climb from here on results wise for them.

So far only 1 of the 5 games that had a bearing on our standings have gone in our favour. Essendon upsetting Fremantle will be nice. But not as big a game as the previous ones. Of course the Hawks had to choke late vs the Giants.

Hawks out of the race? Huh?

I have them winning their remaining three. How are they out of the race? :huh:

Hawks out of the race? Huh?

I have them winning their remaining three. How are they out of the race? :huh:
They need heaps of results to go in their favour and their percentage sucks. Having 8% or more percentage at this time of the year is massive. They will need to win all three of their remaining games, and have teams above them drop two of their remaining three games. Odds are low.

Mathematically they are still in it, but I don't see them pulling it off. If they beat Blues next week, they will be tied on wins, but still behind on percentage. The percentage gap is essentially like holding an extra 4 points.

I feel like the hawks could win next week by 5-6 goals, and then win their last two games by massive margins.

That was a crushing loss for them today, but they’re probably still alive.

Bizarre that with our percentage we still might need to get to 14 wins just to make finals.

Someone check my thinking here because I could definitely be wrong.

But I believe if we win our next 3 matches and Freo beat either Geelong or Port we definitely make top 4. Other results can also get us into the 4 involving Port, Freo, Geelong and Sydney losing matches.

But I believe Freo beating Geelong next week would be enough to get us into the 4 if we win our remaining matches.

Someone check my thinking here because I could definitely be wrong.

But I believe if we win our next 3 matches and Freo beat either Geelong or Port we definitely make top 4. Other results can also get us into the 4 involving Port, Freo, Geelong and Sydney losing matches.

But I believe Freo beating Geelong next week would be enough to get us into the 4 if we win our remaining matches.
Fremantle is the biggest key to us making top 4.

They need to beat the Cats at home this week for us to over take the Cats, as the Cats will win their last two easily vs Saints and Eagles.

The Dockers ideally to lose to GWS away the week after that. Because the Dockers need to lose one game somewhere for us to jump ahead of them. But this result is probably the least important of the three, as we will play GWS in the final round for a spot ahead of each other. We can still nab 4th behind the Dockers assuming they win their final game vs Port.

The Dockers to hopefully beat Port at home in the final round. For us to jump ahead of Port. Port will likely beat Melbourne away and Crows at home on form.

If all those results go that way, and we win out. We could finish as high as 3rd, but top 4 will be a near sure thing.

I think we end up 4th behind either Port or Fremantle regardless. And I would rather play Sydney in week one than Brisbane.

Last edited:

They need to beat the Cats at home this week for us to over take the Cats, as the Cats will win their last two easily vs Saints and Eagles.

The Dockers ideally to lose to GWS away the week after that. Because the Dockers need to lose one game somewhere for us to jump ahead of them. But this result is probably the least important of the three, as we will play GWS in the final round for a spot ahead of each other.

Them beat Port at home in the final round. For us to jump ahead of Port. Port will likely beat Melbourne away and Crows at home on form.

If all those results go that way, and we win out. We could finish as high as 3rd, but top 4 will be a near sure thing.

Freo beat Geelong we jump to 6th.
We beat GWS we jump to 5th.
Freo/Port result pushes us to 4th.

I can get realistic scenarios where if Freo lose to both Geelong and Port we miss out on the 4.

The Dockers ideally to lose to GWS away the week after that. Because the Dockers need to lose one game somewhere for us to jump ahead of them. But this result is probably the least important of the three, as we will play GWS in the final round for a spot ahead of each other. We can still nab 4th behind the Dockers assuming they win their final game vs Port.

The Dockers to hopefully beat Port at home in the final round. For us to jump ahead of Port. Port will likely beat Melbourne away and Crows at home on form.

I think we end up 4th behind either Port or Fremantle regardless. And I would rather play Sydney in week one than Brisbane.
We'd likely be 5th next week... jump Geelong and plastics.... if Melbourne do the unthinkable we'd be 4th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather GWS beat Hawks to knock stuffing out of them a bit and then we leapfrog them into top 4 in last game. Better to rely on us winning than others losing. Need to trust our form to last ( although it would be the greatest winning streak in club history to go through undefeated from here to win it all)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why not us?

If we can maintain our last four weeks of form we should make the top 8 with breathing room for once.

KNOCK ON WOOD!

However, I can't help but believe we need to crack the Top 4 to genuinely compete this year. I don't think we are capable of cruising and winning our next seven, without a single fault, Thus the double chance being vital. History suggests that this club doesn't need a favourable position to thrive, so maybe I'm full of it.

But I'm still scared the curtain will be pulled back in an embarrassing Week 1 Elimination otherwise. Yes, I am that scarred.

Last edited:
Assuming we win our remaining games, I have us finishing either 3rd or 4th.

Now Sydney’s form is interesting. We could catch them if they win only 1 of their remaining 3 games. Crazy to fathom, but not entirely impossible given their recent track record. That could make us 2nd or 3rd

Can’t get my head around it. We just need Freo to win one of Geelong or Port? Both at Optus. Even better.

Bottom line - we must win all three. Won’t be easy.

Can’t get my head around it. We just need Freo to win one of Geelong or Port? Both at Optus. Even better.

Bottom line - we must win all three. Won’t be easy.
Finish 3rd if:

• dogs win all games
  • Fremantle beats Geelong and Port at home and loses to Plastics
  • Plastics lose to Brisbane (away) and dogs and beat Fremantle at home

In your scenario it may be enough to finish top 4. Squiggle and the AFL site I believe have the scenario of the dogs finishing 3rd behind

We need to break a drought to break a drought.

We haven't finished top four under Bevo and the only way to achieve that is to win our final three matches. This will take our win streak to seven which we haven't achieved since 1987.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

Back