Autopsy The sinners go down by 14 pts to the Halo polishers

Remove this Banner Ad

This sport is testing my loyalty to the Swans.
Come on mate, gotta ride the good with the bad. We're dogshite just now, but better times are just around the corner... Or maybe the next street away... Or maybe the next neighbourhood over, or even across the water in NZ. Ah Christ I dunno. We're pathetic right now

I'm at the point now that I think it will benefit all if Buddy retires immediately
Why, the season is cooked and none of the kids are fit enough to run out games

The buddy should retire argument is so dumb

Maybe rest him, like don't send him to Perth v freo or whatever but look at the rest of our list, who replaces him mid season?

Shithouse.

I understand the need for optimism but IMO people have been giving themselves reason to believe we're better than what we are, when in fact those reasons keep growing and are the reason we lose. IF only we kicked straighter in this game. IF only our defensive stoppages were better in that game. IF only (insert name) wasn't injured in this game. Rinse and repeat every week (besides the Cats game, which I think we all agreed was an unmitigated disaster.) No team in the top eight is perfect. Geelong would've been in their autopsy threads last year lamenting certain weaknesses in their game. End of the day if you play well enough then those lapses don't cost you.

They cost us because we aren't that good. We play ten minutes of good footy and then drop off significantly. We lack discipline. Our manning up is non-existent, our tackling pathetic. And we've built a game plan around skills that we don't have as soon as pressure is applied.

I thought the midfield looked good but was overrun throughout the game by a harder, more seasoned Saints midfield.

Season's done IMO. This is a rut that is gonna take some time to get out of, and time is not on our side at 5-7, sitting twelfth on the ladder and bound to drop lower.

We're in re build mode and there is nothing wrong with that.

You can rebuild pretty fast.

We got a fluke win against North.

We are bottom 6.

But we have some ok young talent

So it's not all doom and gloom.

We need to stop pretending because we made a GF last year we are still contenders and that starts with Horse. Bloke is absolutely kidding himself at the moment.

Campbell , Gulden and Mellican all had a right crack at it. Sheldrick showed a lot of promise should get more games this year.
Skill level atrocious across the ground. Umpiring was random but they ran over us at the end and we couldn't get our hands on it.
Hickey will need to be managed even if he's not injured has limited mobility. MacAndrew can get a few games more this year and another decent pre season he should be good to go.
Finals are gone for this year , anyone playing through injuries get them treated and ready to go for next year. There is no point flogging the dead horse need to change things around on the field and in the coaches box.
Brisbane next week could be very ugly if we play like that again.

Clarke, Wicks and a few others are lucky we have injuries.

How Gianfagna is an AFL ump is beyond me.

Clarke isn’t the most talented player, but has fought his way into the team on merit and played like he belonged for a while. He’s dropped off in the last few weeks though.

Wicks was one of our best last game, so dismissing him seems very harsh.

Agree about the umpire, though aren’t they all bad?

Shithouse.

I understand the need for optimism but IMO people have been giving themselves reason to believe we're better than what we are, when in fact those reasons keep growing and are the reason we lose. IF only we kicked straighter in this game. IF only our defensive stoppages were better in that game. IF only (insert name) wasn't injured in this game. Rinse and repeat every week (besides the Cats game, which I think we all agreed was an unmitigated disaster.) No team in the top eight is perfect. Geelong would've been in their autopsy threads last year lamenting certain weaknesses in their game. End of the day if you play well enough then those lapses don't cost you.

They cost us because we aren't that good. We play ten minutes of good footy and then drop off significantly. We lack discipline. Our manning up is non-existent, our tackling pathetic. And we've built a game plan around skills that we don't have as soon as pressure is applied.

I thought the midfield looked good but was overrun throughout the game by a harder, more seasoned Saints midfield.

Season's done IMO. This is a rut that is gonna take some time to get out of, and time is not on our side at 5-7, sitting twelfth on the ladder and bound to drop lower.
Seems a few at the club were drinking the bathwater during the off season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shithouse.

So no dynasty like you told us?

Kidding

Shithouse.

I agree with almost all of this except I thought the seasons been done for weeks and I’m not quite eco but not far off.

my main concern is that we are playing a millionaires game currently and have most of the season - constantly kicking back to the centre corridor. It’s weird because our stoppages are poor our kicking is poor and our tackling is poor. So we turn the ball over in really dangerous spots and we haven’t been getting much reward for this play because our next kick is not even that good because our forwards can’t kick straight to save their lives.

I am not angry I am just disappointed
This.

Kinda knew it might be coming but it feels like a real soul searching kinda loss.

Where are we at?

Do we have what it takes?

I keep waiting for something to click. Just a quarter or two of pure dominance like we saw last year to make me think we've still got it and we tease and flirt with it for 15 minutes and then nothing...

We seem to love playing underdone guys, don't make them show they are match fit.

We also seem to underestimate how quick guys can fade

furthermore we love long term deals for guys who don't stand up week to week

Francis was getting himself in a lot of great intercepting positions tonight but just gets nudged out too easily. Paddy is a huge loss.

They've killed any hope I had left for this season. Time to get games into the youngsters & build for the future. Bring stephens etc in & figure out which ones we want to keep

This.

Kinda knew it might be coming but it feels like a real soul searching kinda loss.

Where are we at?

Do we have what it takes?

I keep waiting for something to click. Just a quarter of two of pure dominance like we saw last year to make me think we've still got it and we tease and flirt with it for 15 minutes and then nothing...

Yeah you know deep down season is done, but hope for individual weeks to be good or yeah it all to click as you say.

Yep we flirt with it and it's just disappointing

But deep down I am not surprised unfortunately and my expectations and trust rightly or wrongly are gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The sinners go down by 14 pts to the Halo polishers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back