Autopsy The theme is:

Remove this Banner Ad

And long may that continue...

But they are proof that the best KPPs in the world are useless without a great midfield. Sydney reinforced that in the grand final. I'm pretty relaxed with the talls we are bringing through provided our midfield remains (becomes) elite.
While midfield generally trumps KPPs, Hawthorn KPPs are no slouches. And it was the KPP edge that gave Hawthorn the victory in 2013 against Freo. Lake and Gunston were the two best players for Hawthorn, and Freo had no counter.

While midfield generally trumps KPPs, Hawthorn KPPs are no slouches. And it was the KPP edge that gave Hawthorn the victory in 2013 against Freo. Lake and Gunston were the two best players for Hawthorn, and Freo had no counter.
That's because our midfield was lacking vs theirs. If it was 5-10% better, we'd have demolished them.

If Fyfe had kicked straight. If.. if..

2015 it is :) The year we learn how to kick straight, focus on skill work, have manageable injuries and good depth, our young players shine, and our elder guys give it one hot go before they retire.

It's a football forum isn't it? I mean it is called Bigfooty after all Salim...I mean really? Speaking of dumb.

We're talking about them as footballers, the last game I was at I didn't see players taking law text books out with them to answer questions, did you?

They might be very bright in the corporate world or in every other part of life but as footballers they're dumb (footballers)

How do you know that there dumb footballers,De Boer keeps getting picked so he must have a slight understanding of the game plan.And how the**ck do you know anything about Ballard .He hasnt played a game yet in the seniors.From what I've seen of him at Peel he knows exactly what to do on a footy field.Your talking shit about players you Know nothing about

If they were ever going to send a positive message to our developing talls that we are backing them in, this draft is it.

I was genuinely hoping for either Lever or Goddard with our first but they do this for a living and if there is another potential Fyfe, Mundy, Sutcliffe or Neale amongst them I'll be over the moon.

And why the hell would they?

Mora is a bees dick from another knee recon and retirement, Sheridan has had 3 years to prove himself and showed very little, De Boer can't kick for shit and is dumb as, Ballard the same, Duffy has attitude issues, Suban has never reached any great heights so the ceiling is set and is quite low and Sylvia has issues that he needs to work through and isn't young so no guarantees.
I have seen Ballard play 4 or 5 games for Peel and really rate him. Yes, he needs to add some polish to his game but he really knows how to get he ball. What part of his game do believe is dumb?

I have seen Ballard play 4 or 5 games for Peel and really rate him. Yes, he needs to add some polish to his game but he really knows how to get he ball. What part of his game do believe is dumb?
I'm with you, I watched quite a few Peel games this year and Ballard impressed me as another big bodied mid. Granted he made a few mistakes at times, but I wouldn't say that's necessarily because he is dumb, just growing into the role. Certainly I thought he was Peel's most consistent midfielder.

Hopefully he isn't like Viv Michie who I also rated highly but doesn't seem to have been able to make the transition to the next level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although I rate Ballard as I've seen him play about 6 or so games for Peel he will have to play bloody well this season for a permanent upgrade next year. Especially with the number of mids Freo have drafted this year.

He didn't have a big pre-season last season however was Peels best mid. I think Freo managed him in his first season. If he gets more exposure of the game plan this pre-season who knows what Ross might have planned for him.

That's overestimating things a lot.
I think had Ballantyne been on form we would have won that game.

The 2013 grannie was def lost in the middle. When mundy/the mids settled and went **** it im going to try and win this. we looked like it. The middle was the key. The shots on goal were bad but plenty were in crappy spots around the arc because our midfield were not allowed to spot up targets effectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The theme is:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back