Status
Not open for further replies.

m_zulian

Debutant
Mar 7, 2009
Berwick
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I had approximately $450,000 remaining in the salary cap after selecting my squad at the start of the season.
Before trading after rd 1, my backline had N. Suban and S. Hill as starters due to A. Raines being injured and T. Collier being dropped.
My midfield had M. Robinson and D. Rich as sarters due to T. Tuck being injured and L. Anthony being injured (before rd 1)

This early in the season it is important to trade players that will go up in value by round 3.

I was happy to have M. Robinson and D. Rich as starters in my team but I wanted an emergency in case one of them got injured. I'm happy that both will retain their spot in their respective teams. I'm unsure of T. Tucks length on the sidelines but he was one of best buys in my team at the start of the season. He was the 4th highest scorer in my team in rd 1 and I don't want to trade him. I'm going to back my newcomers. I traded L. Anthony for P. Dangerfield as L. Anthony is out for up to 6 weeks with an injury. P. Dangerfield will go up in value by rd 3. Another reason I did this was that Neil Craig has backed his young midfielders the past few years (think.. Knights, Van Berlo, Vince). I am happy that Dangerfield will retain his place in the Adelaide side. So, I have M. Robinson, D. Rich and P. Dangerfield to fit into my last two midfield spots in my team until T. Tuck comes back.

So, with approximately $450,000 remaining in my salary cap I thought it was a good idea to use this money.
My backline had S. Hill and N. Suban as starters. Emergencies were A. Raines (injured for about 4 weeks) and T. Collier (may not get back into the Brisbane side). I wasn't happy with S. Hill and N. Suban as my last two starters in my backline for the next month (until A. Raines comes back). Firstly, S. Hill and N. Suban are named in the extended Fremantle interchange andin th both not guaranteed a game this weekend. Secondly, I wanted to buy more gun defenders in my team than any other position. I believe there are a limited number of consistently supercoach performers in the AFL. I traded T. Collier for S. Fisher (gun defender). I have S.Hill and N. Suban as an emergency and can swap these two as I please until Raines comes back from injury.

So, there you have it
P. Dangerfield for L. Anthony and
S. Fisher for T. Collier
with $78,400 left in my salary cap

Do you think I did the right thing?

So, there you have it
P. Dangerfield for L. Anthony and
S. Fisher for T. Collier
with $78,400 left in my salary cap

Do you think I did the right thing?

thats all you had to say...

and yeah, you did the right thing.

Personally I would have resisted making trades this week unless you were looking at 2 or 3 zeroes (like my DT).

What if Dangerfield does a knee? You really only have everything to lose by having him in this week when you had ample cover in mids.

Fisher in for Collier was probably ok though, as I'm pretty doubtful Harvey will play both Suban and Hill on Sunday, and you probably need another premium back by the sound of it.

So is it best to maybe take a zero for Hill if he is not in the 22, and not pick up say Cheney this week?

I have Hurley (dammit) and Suckling (also inj) on the bench...with Hill starting.

Yes I can wait till next week, but big chance at a zero for Hill.

Is it that harmful to sideways trade a rookie?

You did the wrong thing.

A) You started with too much in the bank
B) You traded out Collier instead of Raines why?
C) You picked the wrong gun (personal opinion)
D) There was non need to make a decision in the midfield this week
E) You picked the wrong rookie in the midfield

B) You traded out Collier instead of Raines why?

Collier got dropped after scoring poorly. Collier is no gurantee to get back into Brisbanes side. Even though Raines won't be playing for about a month he did score well.
It may have been a different story if Raines had scored poorly. I'm hoping Raines will score well when he comes back from injury, until then I am backing my young defenders.

Collier got dropped after scoring poorly. Collier is no gurantee to get back into Brisbanes side. Even though Raines won't be playing for about a month he did score well.
It may have been a different story if Raines had scored poorly. I'm hoping Raines will score well when he comes back from injury, until then I am backing my young defenders.

If you have no faith in Collier after 1 bad game why did you select him in the first place?

I did a simialr thing mate.

I don't really like trading this early.
I am still playing one or 2 short this week, which I don't mind, but 4 was too many.

So, out raines, in Cheney.
Out Anthony, in Power.

Still have 1.1mil in the bank, and I don't want to start using it until rnd 6-8 when I start making a move.

I did a simialr thing mate.

I don't really like trading this early.
I am still playing one or 2 short this week, which I don't mind, but 4 was too many.

So, out raines, in Cheney.
Out Anthony, in Power.

Still have 1.1mil in the bank, and I don't want to start using it until rnd 6-8 when I start making a move.

Start making a move where? Out of the top 200,000. Why would you hold on to that much cash? Think of all the points you're going to miss out on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Start making a move where? Out of the top 200,000. Why would you hold on to that much cash? Think of all the points you're going to miss out on.

As I said, I only want to win my league.
I'm happy to lose my first 3 or so games.
My 200k players will be 300k by week 5. I won't need to do a double trade to upgrade one. I'll just throw another 200k into them to make 5 of them top liners.

Meanwhile all my 94k guys will get more time to get towards 300k before I start double trading.

I want to consistently hit 2400 - 2500 by round 16, not in round 6

As I said, I only want to win my league.
I'm happy to lose my first 3 or so games.
My 200k players will be 300k by week 5. I won't need to do a double trade to upgrade one. I'll just throw another 200k into them to make 5 of them top liners.

Meanwhile all my 94k guys will get more time to get towards 300k before I start double trading.

I want to consistently hit 2400 - 2500 by round 16, not in round 6

Dude, seriously... 1.1 mil in the bank. 10% of your overall investment?

You realise you only have 20 trades right? Your team will be so far behind by week 8, that there is no way you will be getting any where near 2400 later in the year.

You realise that the players that are going to do well this year are all going to increase in value by the time you want them? yes that includes the guns. its not only rookies whose prices go up.

How many 200k players can you possibly have that are going to a) get a regular game and b) score well?

If you were in my league you would start so far behind you wouldnt even make the finals.

Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back