The Tribe 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I moved out of the cheer squad after the 1st home game last year because I had simply had enough of the old timers that do stuff all during the game. I figured if i'm going to sit with supporters that don't chant then I might as well do it in better seats on the outer wing.
If you want to improve the cheer squad then start by booting the CSG committee off the fence as they do nothing (no chanting, no waving floggers to put off opposition).
Mark Williams and myself were the two main chanters for years and we both gave up the passion for it because we felt like it was going no where with the current members in that area.

my 2c

I moved out of the cheer squad after the 1st home game last year because I had simply had enough of the old timers that do stuff all during the game. I figured if i'm going to sit with supporters that don't chant then I might as well do it in better seats on the outer wing.
If you want to improve the cheer squad then start by booting the CSG committee off the fence as they do nothing (no chanting, no waving floggers to put off opposition).
Mark Williams and myself were the two main chanters for years and we both gave up the passion for it because we felt like it was going no where with the current members in that area.

my 2c

It's always seemed to me, from during the game and at the shed afterwards, that the CSG organisers or committee (whatever they are) are the same sort of people who run for council - they're doing it for the sake of of being there, not in it to do what they're supposed to be doing.

The club would not be wrong if they turfed some of them and replaced them with people who spend more time cheering and working on their in game support, and less time on organising the next bbq.

I reckon it would be awesome that if in the stands we do that weird jumping thing people do in the european soccer leagues. Just chanting: Adelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaideaiaiaiade--oooooooo-aide---ooooooooooooh-aide-ADELAAAIAIAAIAADDE!---oooh AIDE!

To have any impact at a ground the size of AAMI and with the average size of our crowds the cheer squad has to be huge. Look at the difference large opposition support behind the goals makes compared to a smaller one.

I just can't see it ever working.

Can we position our cheer squad at the other end of the ground?

The best spot in the house seems to be reserved for the opposition fans. Surely we can park them down the southern end in front of the sound-proof super boxes surrounded by empty seats?

If our cheer squad was there then they would impact/be heard by more people given that the northern stand is right on top of them.

Good point Carl. You are going to get greater crowd participation. Plus those in the super box can spill their chardonnay on the opposition supporters.

Only reason I can think why they won't do that is that Port's cheersquad are based at the northern end. However, at Paterson's, both West Coast's and Freo's cheer squads sit at the 3 tier stand end at the ground.

I can't see why our cheersquad can't sit at the northern end of the ground for our home games, and we can sit down the southern end for away Showdowns. With the northern stand, that end can generate some fantastic atmosphere with the right cheersquad. Just needs the cooperation of Port's cheersquad to sit down the southern end for our home Showdown.

When we move to AO I'd like to see a 'Rowdy Squad' to be formed in conjunction with the SG. To be located on the grassy hill and chant like no tomorrow. Would create a real good vibe ala the cricket.

Hopefully it wouldn't segrigate our fans too much, but it would provide those who want to be a little more silly the ability to without being 'shhhh'd'.

Can we position our cheer squad at the other end of the ground?

The best spot in the house seems to be reserved for the opposition fans. Surely we can park them down the southern end in front of the sound-proof super boxes surrounded by empty seats?

If our cheer squad was there then they would impact/be heard by more people given that the northern stand is right on top of them.

Excellent suggestion Carl. :thumbsu:

In fact, IMO, if the club does not adopt this idea, they are being negligent.

By being at the northern end, their noise would also fuel others around them to join in, possibly even some in the northern stand.

As for Showdowns - simple. Home team gets Northern. Away team gets Southern.

Or is it written in Fos William's blood as part of the Creed that the great unwashed must have the Northern end??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's always seemed to me, from during the game and at the shed afterwards, that the CSG organisers or committee (whatever they are) are the same sort of people who run for council - they're doing it for the sake of of being there, not in it to do what they're supposed to be doing.

The club would not be wrong if they turfed some of them and replaced them with people who spend more time cheering and working on their in game support, and less time on organising the next bbq.

Excellent way of putting it.

Bay 119 is not directly behind the goals in the Southern end of AMMI Stadium. I sit in bay 119 that's how I know it's not directly behind the goals.
Port's cheer squad sits in the Northern end of AMMI Stadium. So you are wrong.:p
[QUOTE(Games at AAMI we are behind the goals down the Northern End) ]
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/cheer squad supporters club/tabid/8108/default.aspx[/quote]

:confused: Nikki said Northern end
and this map says Bay 119, Northern End, Port's CS
http://www.bass.net.au/info/venues/AAMIStadium/aami2007.pdf

Excellent suggestion Carl. :thumbsu:

In fact, IMO, if the club does not adopt this idea, they are being negligent.

By being at the northern end, their noise would also fuel others around them to join in, possibly even some in the northern stand.

As for Showdowns - simple. Home team gets Northern. Away team gets Southern.

Or is it written in Fos William's blood as part of the Creed that the great unwashed must have the Northern end??

Probably more of a fight than its worth at this point.

We've sold season tickets to current members behind the Northern goals. Would hve to relocate them etc.

In all seriousness, we're moving to the oval anyway so who cares.

Probably more of a fight than its worth at this point.

We've sold season tickets to current members behind the Northern goals. Would hve to relocate them etc.

In all seriousness, we're moving to the oval anyway so who cares.

I'm not sure we have. There is always a huge bank of opposition fans there.

There might be the odd Crows supporter intermingled but if they don't mind being surrounded by the opposition cheer squad, they certainly won't be offended if ours moves in.

Thought they were pretty pathetic the first time around. They won't ever get a better opportunity to do what they were put in place to do than they did last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tribe 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back