The Tribe

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tribe is an insult to the loyal cheer squad. It's like the players have lost confidence in the cheer squad.
What they should have done was have groups around the ground to try and get the crowd going.

Ok -free tickets! Great idea! Game one would seem a bit disapointing but there is the challenge! $20 say's they are a 100% better next time!

Big expectations guys!

Yeah, nah.

Its not an attack on the CSG at all. Its simply an attempt to embrace a different demographic.
That's BS. All I saw on the video in one of the previous threads was supporters mouthing off to opposition players. Which is already done by a lot of supporters all around the ground.
One of those chants sounded like a rip off of the Saints club song, hope you don't use that one when we play St Kilda next time we play them over here. The other chants I like.
If one of the Tribes objectives is to help get the crowd going you failed and need to do a lot better next time because down in the Southern end of AMMI Stadium we didn't even notice the Tribe until the Tribe banner went up.

^^^
wtf?

A group of 60 supporters who are tucked away in the north western pocket are meant to create deafening noise that inspires supporters sitting 200m away to leap out of their seats and go on a cheering frenzy?

Leave it be. It will evolve in time. More supporters will start getting involved, especially in the immediate area.

From little things big things grow. This could end up as our own Kop.

Edit: directed to Pariah's post

That's BS. All I saw on the video in one of the previous threads was supporters mouthing off to opposition players. Which is already done by a lot of supporters all around the ground.
One of those chants sounded like a rip off of the Saints club song, hope you don't use that one when we play St Kilda next time we play them over here. The other chants I like.
If one of the Tribes objectives is to help get the crowd going you failed and need to do a lot better next time because down in the Southern end of AMMI Stadium we didn't even notice the Tribe until the Tribe banner went up.

Sorry, yours, including every other cheersquad in the league is terrible.

I like the Tribe and the initiative is great. Hopefully it kicks off, over time people will start to recognized the area and people who are interested will join in and people who don't will sit somewhere else. Then you will filter it down to a good, large bunch of loud supporters.

Good luck with it all.:thumbsu:

From what the players said, there was a wall of noise down our end.

We are only 60 people, we're not going to be able to be heard everywhere.

Judging by the amount of us who were unable to speak for the next 2 days, we made as much noise as physically possible.

From what the players said, there was a wall of noise down our end.

We are only 60 people, we're not going to be able to be heard everywhere.

Judging by the amount of us who were unable to speak for the next 2 days, we made as much noise as physically possible.
Yeah the noise from the northern end was deafing during the 1st quarter and a bit.:rolleyes:
The Hawthorn cheer squad wasn't much bigger than you guys yet I was able to hear them.

A quote from Southerntakeover
So you couldnt hear us, yet are commenting on our chants. Cool story bro. :thumbsu:
You absolute moron. I said that I saw video footage from a previous posting in this thread. Learn to read dumb ass.:eek:

Might be time to grow past your petty grudge mate.
What grudge? I didn't even apply to join the Tribe.
If the Tribe improves I will complement them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^
wtf?

A group of 60 supporters who are tucked away in the north western pocket are meant to create deafening noise that inspires supporters sitting 200m away to leap out of their seats and go on a cheering frenzy?

Leave it be. It will evolve in time. More supporters will start getting involved, especially in the immediate area.

From little things big things grow. This could end up as our own Kop.

Edit: directed to Pariah's post
I never said any thing about them supposed to be making a deafening noise in that post your refering to. I was trying to say that I got the impression that they were supposed to help generate more noise from the crowd instead of trying to be self worshipping heroes that's perception Southerntakeover gives (he/she is probably in the minority).
Maybe they should relocate the Tribe to wing opposite the members area.

Yeah the noise from the northern end was deafing during the 1st quarter and a bit.

You're not in a position to evaluate this, given you were sitting in the southern end. Although to some extent I do feel our first few quarters could have been better. Given it was our first attempt at it though its only natural to expect some improvement with time.

The Hawthorn cheer squad wasn't much bigger than you guys yet I was able to hear them.

Yeah this is just factually incorrect. The Hawthorn cheersquad was signficantly larger. They were practically a whole bay.

You absolute moron. I said that I saw video footage from a previous posting in this thread. Learn to read dumb ass.:eek:

If you could learn to write in a coherent manner it might be easier.

BTW you having a whinge about the contents of a video of a different group from years ago whilst commenting on the tribes performance is no more valid a criticism.

Might be time to grow past your petty grudge mate.
What grudge? I didn't even apply to join the Tribe.
If the Tribe improves I will complement them.

Its painfully obvious. Stop embarassing yourself.

There seems to be a growing divide between those in the Tribe and those out, probably not the most productive way to improve the concept. Personally I sit in Bay 134 and didn't hear a thing, the only time I thought I heard something it actually turned out to be the mates of sloane who stood up with happy birthday painted on (which was obviously the wrong part of the ground if you guys are in Bay 114). Comments have been made that you all cheered loudly as evidenced by no voice the next day - my question would be WHEN were you cheering loudest? It is probably pointless if you are doing your loudest when 40 thousand other fans are also cheering (after goals, at the umpire etc). If you coordinate the entire 60 tribe members at quiet moments in the game I am sure it would be heard around the ground - I'm pretty damn sure it got quiet when we fell 30 points behind which is when I would have thought the tribe should step in (let's hope we don't fall behind by 5 goals in future though!). That's my 2 cents. I know as fans you will want to cheer when everyone else is but I feel the concept would work better if you are loud and coordinated during passages of play especially if/when we are behind on the scoreboard.

I would like to see this thread continue with creative suggestions for the tribe rather than attacking them though, we are all there to cheer the crows so should be working together.

CrowFan

We cheered through the entire game. Specifically, we did start chants after Hawthorn goals when the crowd is at its quietest. The fact is that you're not going to hear 60 people all the way over the other side of the ground or up the other end.

I think there is an unrealistic expectation that the ground will be quiet and then the TRIBE will start chanting and it will instantly become loud.

My hope is that after a few games of us cheering the whole game and targetting the traditionally quiet moments, people who are within earshot of us will start to feel comfortable joining in, and then people within earshot of them and so on.

As I said, several players have commented on the noise when they came down near us, there was obviously a radius of sound around the group and we stretched that as far as we possibly could.

There seems to be a growing divide between those in the Tribe and those out, probably not the most productive way to improve the concept.

Nah, i dont think so. In general most fans ive encountered have been fairly supportive and reasonable.

Personally I sit in Bay 134 and didn't hear a thing, the only time I thought I heard something it actually turned out to be the mates of sloane who stood up with happy birthday painted on (which was obviously the wrong part of the ground if you guys are in Bay 114). Comments have been made that you all cheered loudly as evidenced by no voice the next day - my question would be WHEN were you cheering loudest? It is probably pointless if you are doing your loudest when 40 thousand other fans are also cheering (after goals, at the umpire etc). If you coordinate the entire 60 tribe members at quiet moments in the game I am sure it would be heard around the ground - I'm pretty damn sure it got quiet when we fell 30 points behind which is when I would have thought the tribe should step in (let's hope we don't fall behind by 5 goals in future though!). That's my 2 cents. I know as fans you will want to cheer when everyone else is but I feel the concept would work better if you are loud and coordinated during passages of play especially if/when we are behind on the scoreboard.

Like Nick said, the reality is we're not going to be able to turn the entire crowd around if it goes silent during a bad patch. Hopefully we can have an impact on the fans around us, and I think we will.

We could certainly improve on our efforts during the first half though. Better coordination within the group would have gone along way (and we did improve on that in the second half). We'll get better with time im sure.

I would like to see this thread continue with creative suggestions for the tribe rather than attacking them though, we are all there to cheer the crows so should be working together.

CrowFan

Agree. :thumbsu:

For my part im going to stop responding to people having a go.

You're not in a position to evaluate this, given you were sitting in the southern end. Although to some extent I do feel our first few quarters could have been better. Given it was our first attempt at it though its only natural to expect some improvement with time.

Yeah this is just factually incorrect. The Hawthorn cheer squad was significantly larger. They were practically a whole bay.

If you could learn to write in a coherent manner it might be easier.

BTW you having a whinge about the contents of a video of a different group from years ago whilst commenting on the tribes performance is no more valid a criticism.

Its painfully obvious. Stop embarrassing yourself.
So you guys never practiced your chants during round one of the NAB cup.:eek:
Settle down Princess. If you can't handle the heat then get of the kitchen.:thumbsu:
I never said I was against the tribe or the concept of the tribe. I was only critical of the tribes performance last week. So toughen up and learn to deal with criticism.
How about the tribe stands up while chanting so the rest of us can at least see you guys in action when we can't hear you.
BTW Today I spoke to some friends who sat near you guys last week and they thought the tribes performance was ordinary as well.
In closing enjoy being part of a gimmick while it lasts because if it keeps alienating other Crows supporters the the club will put an end to the tribe.:rolleyes:

Settle down Princess. If you can't handle the heat then get of the kitchen.:thumbsu:
I never said I was against the tribe or the concept of the tribe. I was only critical of the tribes performance last week. So toughen up and learn to deal with criticism.
How about the tribe stands up while chanting so the rest of us can at least see you guys in action when we can't hear you.
BTW Today I spoke to some friends who sat near you guys last week and they thought the tribes performance was ordinary as well.
In closing enjoy being part of a gimmick while it lasts because if it keeps alienating other Crows supporters the the club will put an end to the tribe.:rolleyes:

Why the hate? Not quite sure what we have done wrong? I thought we tried hard but it didn't quite work maybe to be expected first week up :confused: Why would we alienate other crows fans?

Are you sure you aren't a complete git?

No wonder your 'friends' don't sit near you.

Why the hate? Not quite sure what we have done wrong? I thought we tried hard but it didn't quite work maybe to be expected first week up :confused: Why would we alienate other crows fans?

We were sitting about 3 rows behind the Tribe last Sat night and they certainly made a lot of noise as far as we were concerned. A couple got a bit rowdy spilling beer on those behind them which was not appreciated but overall they certainly added to the atmosphere around the area. The Hawthorn supporter with us was not happy to be stuck behind such a noisy group of supporters. Remember they are in th front rows so cannot stand all game or they block the view of those behind. The time to stand and make the most noise is between goals and during breaks in the game. As has been previously tated the only thing holding them back is the lack of numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tribe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back