Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
When the ground announcer last game spruiked the heritage jumper for "only $160", most of the people sitting around me bitched about the price. So, not only is there a loss of identity, but members/supporters start to feel like they are being treated like an ATM.

Thought he was pretty remiss to point out that it is actually 10 percent less for members. 142 is still steep though.

And people wonder why I now scoff at nearly anything to do with guernseys.

Easily one of the best ways to ruin a team for someone. Twice.

Now I have to apologise to whoever I told we can't wear the Brown250 thing for a match because of change restrictions.
With already our regular 3 Guernsey's + HOF, there'd be no way.
We have since had the ANZAC thing and now this.

I ****ing hate apologising.:mad::mad::mad:

Sorry

When the ground announcer last game spruiked the heritage jumper for "only $160", most of the people sitting around me bitched about the price. So, not only is there a loss of identity, but members/supporters start to feel like they are being treated like an ATM.

Yeah the price of these just seems ridiculous. Its like they're trying to prop up the lack of other merchandise by releasing these all the time and pumping up the prices. At that amount I just can't justify it.

Yeah I have to curb my addiction to guernsey buying considering I have hit the stage where I just feel a bit too old to be wearing them to games.

That said, looking forward to picking up my Bears Hall of Fame guernsey this week. :oops:

EDIT: I actually justified the purchase partially by the fact that I will be able to go to Halloween and/or 80s themed fancy dress parties dressed as Warwick Capper. Will pay for itself over time. :D

Last edited:
I tend not to buy them for myself. Not a good look for the portlier gentlemen.

I make the kids buy them for themselves if they want them, but they are generally too young to care about the special ones. I should say I make my oldest buy them because the younger two get the hand me downs. I'm even farming off Brisbane Lions winter pyjamas off to my nieces.

Yeah I have to curb my addiction to guernsey buying considering I have hit the stage where I just feel a bit too old to be wearing them to games.

That said, looking forward to picking up my Bears Hall of Fame guernsey this week. :oops:

EDIT: I actually justified the purchase partially by the fact that I will be able to go to Halloween and/or 80s themed fancy dress parties dressed as Warwick Capper. Will pay for itself over time. :D

I normally buy one (or two) per season, ideally the 'special' ones i.e. Hall of Fame, heritage etc. Strangely the larger the range the fewer I buy. If I bought 3 I might feel I needed all 4... or 5...

So this year I am buying only one. With player sponsorship and other Lions' related costs there's only so much to spread around.

I wish they said at the start of the season 'there'll be X limited edition jerseys this year'. It seems that they whip one up on a whim whenever they want to vacuum some more quick cash from member's pockets.

Popular or not, anyone dead keen on the Pop design has already got one I would have thought, and in a weird way, 'ol mate Paddles is getting the same treatment as the Fitzroy Lion did.

That said, we seem to be on track for sporting a different jumper for every round of the year this year, which is one way to save on laundry.

Popular or not, anyone dead keen on the Pop design has already got one I would have thought, and in a weird way, 'ol mate Paddles is getting the same treatment as the Fitzroy Lion did.

That said, we seem to be on track for sporting a different jumper for every round of the year this year, which is one way to save on laundry.

Should boost the old income to, for those collectable nutters.

News Limited local papers: "You have reached your maximum number of daily articles (2). To continue pay us money."

James: "How about I just change the domain of this link to news.com.au and you show it to me? Great, thanks".

Just clear your history and cookies and the count starts again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just clear your history and cookies and the count starts again.

No need when you can just use private browsing. Then you don't have to stuff around with re-entering passwords etc.

Fact is, I just can't get out of the habit/ritual.
Have worn a guernsey, EVERY game for the last 13 years.
Every game. Even if I'm home alone, watching on telly. Tragic, I know.
Maybe I'll grow out of it (the habit/ritual) when I'm 60.

Nah, I'm there, and haven't grown out of it yet..... I put on my hat and scarf, get out the flag and off I go to the footy...in front of the telly!!:oops::p

I watched the AFL video of the Miracle on Grass, and I was surprised at just how much I realised I missed seeing Vossy in the coaches' box. Sorry Leppa, but it's just not the same.

I watched the AFL video of the Miracle on Grass, and I was surprised at just how much I realised I missed seeing Vossy in the coaches' box. Sorry Leppa, but it's just not the same.
They were the best of times, they were the blurst of times.

wQRE32l.jpg

One cucumber and two pumkins? Now that's gunna need one hell of a Vent be it for Halloween and/or fancy dress!!!

Our indigenous jumper should just be made from the abundance of home paddlepop jumpers in our shop, with paint spots manually applied to them. Not only will this save the club from setting a pile of them on fire at the end of the year to end the paddlepops reign of terror, it will also allow them to mark them up another $60 as 'memorabilia'. Win win.

Not really a vent but I plan to buy a paddle pop guernsey when they are on clearance and burn it as a sacrifice to the football gods to mark the end of the misery filled Paddlepop Years.

Will film it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back