The Vent Thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can we just stop posting bad stuff about the team and say they have year long gastro (I prefer the illness wood fever)?
They can use the excess supply of paddle pop Guernsey's as make shift underwear.

So lets get behind them boys.
errrrr
Anyone got a mop its a long year.

I have got a bad feeling that one or more of these young players will leave at the end of their contracts, either end of this year or next.

Imagine them going to the Suns or GWS just to rub salt into the wounds.

Strong whispers were that Brown wasn't going to play. I suspect that was the reason Close travelled as the second emergency.
Oh god. Did he have the shits too.!!!!???
Browny get a grip.You owe this club.big time.
Forget your well being. Club comes first.big fella.

Imagine them going to the Suns or GWS just to rub salt into the wounds.
Or Carlton or Collingwood. And Essendon and Geelong. They could also go to the Saints and the Dees. Hawthorn Richmond come to mind. Western Bulldogs and the Swans even. They could all even head to the teams from WA and South Australia. The AFL world is their oyster.

I have got a bad feeling that one or more of these young players will leave at the end of their contracts, either end of this year or next.

I don't see how this is possible this year as the only young player whose contract expires this year is Papa who has just come out in the press saying how happy he is here and the only reason he hasn't resigned is that a contract hasn't been put in front of him.

For next year all the cubs seem to have fully embraced the club, it appears that the club has targeted players who have the mental makeup to move into state. Also it seems like there are a number of strong friendships among the recent draftees...Aish & Mayes... Gardner & Taylor....Cutler & McStay.

Gotta keep the faith!

We have some disgraceful posters on this board now. Absolutely disgraceful. No idea about the game at all. No knowledge, no understanding, but still get defensive when they get called out? Disgusting and disgraceful. Some great proclamations being made with a clearly deficient knowledge of the game.

Trolling players for their performance when it's been reported that they are suffering from gastro*******enteritis? Have you ever had gastro? You're lucky to have the energy to get back onto the couch if you fall off.

We have a serious shortage of talent on this board now. The Facebook crowd has well and truly taken over.
Yep
These boys are human beings.
For god sake get some perspective.

Where is Beamer?

Leppa needs to pump his tires and get him in.

I still rate him, he's good experience when confident.
Beamer is not fit or cracked the shits.
Who knows.???

Last edited:
I don't see how this is possible this year as the only young player whose contract expires this year is Papa who has just come out in the press saying how happy he is here and the only reason he hasn't resigned is that a contract hasn't been put in front of him.

For next year all the cubs seem to have fully embraced the club, it appears that the club has targeted players who have the mental makeup to move into state. Also it seems like there are a number of strong friendships among the recent draftees...Aish & Mayes... Gardner & Taylor....Cutler & McStay.

Gotta keep the faith!
Absolutely John :)

Gotta keep the faith!
Yeah for this year l was thinking Paps. I read that article and thought it was good. Howeer, l also thought l read a karnezis article that said he was enjoying it at Brisbane as well?

taylor looks like he will stay for life. The one l am really concerned about is Aish. Contract has been put to him and he hasn't signed (quite a few other draftees in other teamss have already re-signed). He doesn't look super happy like Mayes, however l am in Perth so it is hard to see. Hope l am wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly rated draftees extending their contract within the first 6 months at their club is still more the exception than the rule. If he's stalling on contract talks this time next year I will be worried.
If he is stalling on contract talks this time next year a lot of us will have more than gastro upsetting us!

To be honest, I was really hoping to see one of the kids post there. Some of your posts are taking up a spot of a possible future mod. Some of your opinions are becoming ineffectual and by end of season I think we'll see your spelling and grammar start to suffer. At least I suppose, you still provide a focal point for the opposition posters to direct their rage, while a few of our youngsters sneak under the radar.

As a mature age draft pick onto this board, I would like to say that I think that TBD has provided a lot of guidance and direction. There is no truth that any of the new board members have to mow his lawn or wash his car. Sure, we all remember his glory days but he can still clunk a big post now and then. What he can pass on to the new members is the tradition and culture of the Lions board. Guys like TBD can pass on this culture and love of the Lions board which stops the "go home" factor for young posters.

I have dropped a few where shit comments, the reality is our list is in a terrible state! We have too many talls who aren't any good. We have and imbalance of ages etc
When you lose
Polec
Henderson
Docherty
Longer
Karnezis
Yeo
Clark
Rischitelli

There are 8 players who would all still be on our list, massive gaping whole that Leppa is left with. Then throw in Lisle, Martin, McGuane, Crisp, Bewick, Polkinghorne and Golby who are clearly not up to it, with Brown, Staker and McGrath who have been let down by their bodies, we have enormous gaps everywhere.

The recruiting from 2013 draft is the way forward. We need to back that up with some great recruiting this year and hopefully do a Melbourne and get a Vince, Cross and Tyson impact from some experienced recruits!

John's been taking credit for my work for years....both times ;)
Silly me.:)
Love your work Charles.
We are all Lions whatever is said and done..
The way things are going this year.we all need to stand as one.
.Johns .Charles and Ceebees ;)

I have dropped a few where shit comments, the reality is our list is in a terrible state! We have too many talls who aren't any good. We have and imbalance of ages etc
When you lose
Polec
Henderson
Docherty
Longer
Karnezis
Yeo
Clark
Rischitelli

There are 8 players who would all still be on our list, massive gaping whole that Leppa is left with. Then throw in Lisle, Martin, McGuane, Crisp, Bewick, Polkinghorne and Golby who are clearly not up to it, with Brown, Staker and McGrath who have been let down by their bodies, we have enormous gaps everywhere.

The recruiting from 2013 draft is the way forward. We need to back that up with some great recruiting this year and hopefully do a Melbourne and get a Vince, Cross and Tyson impact from some experienced recruits!

I'd be surprised if we didn't have a million dollars cap space at the end of 2014 to use in the off-season

As a mature age draft pick onto this board, I would like to say that I think that TBD has provided a lot of guidance and direction. There is no truth that any of the new board members have to mow his lawn or wash his car. Sure, we all remember his glory days but he can still clunk a big post now and then. What he can pass on to the new members is the tradition and culture of the Lions board. Guys like TBD can pass on this culture and love of the Lions board which stops the "go home" factor for young posters.

All well and good.

But going by TBD's draft date, he's fast approaching Unrestricted Free Agency status.

Rumors are that the Swans are offering 9 pots over 10 years (Or is it 10 pots over 9 years?)

That could be hard for our cash strapped BF Board to counter.

All we need now is for a swarmy bunch of Swans supporters to come on here and tell us we have to take whatever they're offering or TBD will walk to the PSD and they'll get him for nothing.

All well and good.

But going by TBD's draft date, he's fast approaching Unrestricted Free Agency status.

Rumors are that the Swans are offering 9 pots over 10 years (Or is it 10 pots over 9 years?)

That could be hard for our cash strapped BF Board to counter.

All we need now is for a swarmy bunch of Swans supporters to come on here and tell us we have to take whatever they're offering or TBD will walk to the PSD and they'll get him for nothing.

I heard a few of those pots were paid for by some Lions posters too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back