The Vent Thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crying? Hell no.

Disappointed that he couldn't achieve this with us? Yes.

You won't be crying when Aish and Taylor start doing the same thing Polec is doing.

Happy with Aish & Taylor, very much so. Annoyed we got sweet f*ck all from Polec. Injured a lot I know, but knew he was going to be class & he is.

Disappointed he didn't try here..
He was pathetic and no amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth will make up for the fact that he let himself down and the sport in general. As I have said elsewhere if I was dictator he would have been off to Scampaignerhorpe. Also not sure he has been that good tonight. Played OK in a team going very well. I for one wish him no footy luck at all.

I've hated the Port Adelaide Football Club the second they stole our 4th flag.

I hate them even more with the Polec ordeal and the fact they get this awesome new stadium.

Ugh, not a club I despise more!

You won't be crying when Aish and Taylor start doing the same thing Polec is doing.

I will be if they follow the same path as the GH5.

Unfortunately, I have zero confidence in any decent young players wanting to stay at the club long term; that is until the club is somehow able to turn its fortunes around and I'm not expecting the latter to happen anytime soon.

I am still devo about Polec Leaving... Why the hell didn't he play like that with us???? I was excited to get him when we did as the South Aussies really did rate him highly.. Can see why But hell even if he put 50% of his brilliance to our team he would have gotten a game each week...What a Big "C" of a year Poort look like winning a flag and we are friggen 18th and look destined for the spoon :(

Apart from all the other things that I know longer understand about this world we live in, I now add two more.

I need to fully research the background of all opposition player's to ascertain any hardships etc that they may have endured, before I can show them the displeasure I feel towards them playing against my team.

Winning games this year is to be avoided, because it will not allow my team to win in the coming years.

F*#k me, it's not easy being the one constant in an ever changing universe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a different subject, how about the draw so far that the Lions have faced in comparison to Gold Coast:

Gold Coast's matches this season
- Richmond (currently 13th)
- Freo (currently 7th)
- Lions (currently 18th)
- Hawks (currently 4th)
- Melbourne (currently 15th)
- GWS (currently 17th)
- North (currently 8th)
- Saints (currently 16th)
- Bulldogs (currently 14th)

Lions matches this season
- Hawks (currently 4th)
- Geelong (currently 2nd)
- Gold Coast (currently 3rd)
- Port (currently 1st)
- Richmond (currently 13th)
- Saints (currently 16th)
- Sydney (currently 5th)
- Essendon (currently 11th)
- North (currently 8th)

While the comparison is a little biased (because where the Lions / Gold Coast sit on the ladder in part determines where all the rest of the team's sit), nevertheless so far the average current position of the Lions opponents has been 7 vs. an average position of GC opponents of 12.4.

There is always a bit of lucky in the draw in when you play a certain team. If you were to want to play Hawks at any time, it was this week, and Port get lucky there. Each and every team does vary in their form, and catching a high team at a low point can be the difference between 4 wins or 6.

Now, vent time. Having a look over the draw earlier today, to my shock we have North again in coming up very soon. We play them twice, only something like 5 weeks apart. WTF AFL !! is it really that hard to work out a draw !! While you are at it, how about NOT having a drawn out first week to the season that nnnnnoooo one likes, not either overlapping games, or playing the games over extra days during bye rounds and i'm still not over the Lions having one of the harder draws despite not even playing finals!!! I hear they have some fancy pants computer making this draw... seriously, i don't think you could do any worse than if you just pulled names out of a hat.

There is always a bit of lucky in the draw in when you play a certain team. If you were to want to play Hawks at any time, it was this week, and Port get lucky there. Each and every team does vary in their form, and catching a high team at a low point can be the difference between 4 wins or 6.

Now, vent time. Having a look over the draw earlier today, to my shock we have North again in coming up very soon. We play them twice, only something like 5 weeks apart. WTF AFL !! is it really that hard to work out a draw !! While you are at it, how about NOT having a drawn out first week to the season that nnnnnoooo one likes, not either overlapping games, or playing the games over extra days during bye rounds and i'm still not over the Lions having one of the harder draws despite not even playing finals!!! I hear they have some fancy pants computer making this draw... seriously, i don't think you could do any worse than if you just pulled names out of a hat.

I think what you're saying is that our draw is a bummer.

I agree with that.

In fact,our draw really shits me.:mad:

I dont know if our young brigade will stick together if we continue to serve ******* shit performances on field

They don't have basically a 100% chance of being in a premiership team to make up for the pain like Gold Coast and GWS do.

I will be if they follow the same path as the GH5.

Unfortunately, I have zero confidence in any decent young players wanting to stay at the club long term; that is until the club is somehow able to turn its fortunes around and I'm not expecting the latter to happen anytime soon.
I'm hoping the new guys can develop a bond that for the moment goes beyond immediate wins on the board as that's the way it is now and will be for a while. But.... The taste off success when it comes for them will be ever so sweet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back