The Vent Thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think there are any others supporters who disrespect and post useless and utter crap about Vossy as much as the Carlton fans do.

Funnily enough their club sacked their coach in their hunt for Voss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough their club sacked their coach in their hunt for Voss.

Yep, something that both Carlton and Essendon fans have conveniently forgotten.

Everytime Essendon supporters troll Brisbane for the Voss coaching saga, it is good to remind them that Essendon sacked their legendary coach in the scrabble for Voss.

I don't think there are any others supporters who disrespect and post useless and utter crap about Vossy as much as the Carlton fans do.
That goes back to '98 when he trolled them on a news report on the eve of a Blues-Lions game at Optus Oval. Something along the lines of "Carlton have never won a wooden spoon, let's see if we can help condemn them to their first...'. Backfired somewhat, that one. :oops: Damn you, Vossy (just added last bit to fit vent thread theme).

That goes back to '98 when he trolled them on a news report on the eve of a Blues-Lions game at Optus Oval. Something along the lines of "Carlton have never won a wooden spoon, let's see if we can help condemn them to their first...'. Backfired somewhat, that one. :oops: Damn you, Vossy (just added last bit to fit vent thread theme).

I think it might've been something about getting a coach fired?

I'm pissed off the paddlepop has precedent. Has anybody else seen this? It is the Fitzroy logo from 1963-1965.

Attachments

• 21367_463969793698767_282902218_n.png
    21367_463969793698767_282902218_n.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 2
I'm pissed off the paddlepop has precedent. Has anybody else seen this? It is the Fitzroy logo from 1963-1965.

Where did you get that from? I don't think I have ever seen it before and I have basically every book ever written about Fitzroy's history

I could be wrong, but I doubt it was ever officially used by Fitzroy. I know that the Fitzroy Lion (and Premiership Lion) that we all know was designed by the recently deceased George Coates in 1965.

Prior to that their may have been a number of unofficial Lions used on merchandise, but I am pretty sure that the official Lion that was used was a much more old-fashioned standing / heraldic type. I will have to see if I can track it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back