The Vent Thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked through my Fitzroy books and I found the original Lion - it was actually from 1957 when Fitzroy officially became known as the Fitzroy Lions. Prior to that our nicknames were unofficial I think - we were mostly known as the Maroons right up until '56, but we were also know as the Gorillas from the late '30's to 1956, and of course we were always known as the Royboys probably from very early on right through to the end in 1996.

Anyway, the original Lion is published in "The First One Hundred Seasons - Fitzroy Football Club 1883 - 1983" (put out by the Club for our 100 year anniversary) and "Maroon and Blue" by Adam Muyt.

It doesn't look like much because in both cases it is published in black, although originally I am guessing it may have been gold or even white. (It is also pretty ugly regardless, not sure what the deal is with the tongue sticking out either).

Another interesting thing I found out is that the FFC logo that Fitzroy wore on our jumpers from 1941 to 1996 was actually in use as Club symbol by 1890 as I saw a photo of a membership with the exact same FFC logo from the 1890 season. That would perhaps make the logo earlier than Carlton's - something which I think footy history has always said was the other way around (which is still correct for the jumpers at least as Carlton wore their first CFC logo jumper in 1909).

Attachments

• Original lion.jpg
    Original lion.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1
The tongue sticking out is a Scottish "lion rampant" thing from their royal standard. Aston Villa's many crests over the years have all featured it too.

This is not a vent, this is a rant.

WHY THE F888 IS THIS EMAIL SENT IN THE NAME OF BOB SHARPLESS & NOT THE CLUB? End of yellng, but what is this personality cult that he thinks that if announcements come in his name, he is the messiah & we will all support him?

I paid my money to be a member of the Brisbane Lions, not the Bob Sharpless Appreciation Society.

Not. Happy. Jan.

Rant 1: That piece of unusable crap called MyLions! Locked me out on game day. Thankfully the Twitter account is responsive. Especially to idiots who put their phone on silent in the morning and forget to take it off.
Regardless, locked out. Get in and how do I print tickets. Here's a basic web design tip. Don't use kerfuggin' dropdown boxes for navigation AND then stick the damn thing on the bottom of the left hand menu area with a white background. GRRRRR

Rant 2: Why, on game day, does our membership office not take calls until just before said game to help out such problems.

Great response from the SM team and follow up by membership folks.

****ING DER-WAYNE, how much longer does the footy public have to put up with the arch dickhead commentator.

God he is doing my head in tonight. And Riccuito and Lynch are just adding to the insanity. Jesus Lynch just can't help himself going out of his way to show his not biased by being biased in favour of whoever the Lions are playing. Riccuito is his dumb self and Der-wayne just calls whatever he wants regardless of the fact he is not on radio and everyone can see his clearly wrong about a dozen times a quarter.

**** someone save me from this torture - I thought torture was outlawed these days anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In general, AFL commentary and the those journalists on TV is so far behind those of other sports around the world to the point that it is out and out amateur hour. How people actually employ and are then satisfied with it is even more perplexing.

STICK THAT UP YOUR ASSES RICCUITO AND DER-WAYNE

Perhaps the most ludicrously biased commentary display in history.

God I could not stop giving the finger to them throughout the last quarter time and time again as we proved them wrong.

****-WITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shitty weather giving me 2 days of sinus headaches meaning I had to stay home. Then the game made me jump around and scream at the TV and now I feel like I drank two litres of cooking sherry last night when I haven't touched a drop.

Good to see the idiot commentators got the free kick count around the wrong way late in the last quarter - they were being such Carlton sycophants they said it was 23 to 17 in favour of the Lions when it was really the other way around.

They must have spent 90% of the last quarter talking about Carlton - it was just a disgrace.

Anyway, how funny was it during the match when Redden absolutely gave it to Murphy after he had ferociously tackled him and Murphy of course was given a free kick.

Dumbass Ricciuito then went on to say it was good to see Murphy sticking up for himself when he looked as weak as piss

Maybe Murphy could hear my calls of "****ing ballerina!" from Melbourne - he made some attrocious mistakes in the second half.

Good to see the idiot commentators got the free kick count around the wrong way late in the last quarter - they were being such Carlton sycophants they said it was 23 to 17 in favour of the Lions when it was really the other way around.

They must have spent 90% of the last quarter talking about Carlton - it was just a disgrace.

Anyway, how funny was it during the match when Redden absolutely gave it to Murphy after he had ferociously tackled him and Murphy of course was given a free kick.

Dumbass Ricciuito then went on to say it was good to see Murphy sticking up for himself when he looked as weak as piss

Maybe Murphy could hear my calls of "******* ballerina!" from Melbourne - he made some attrocious mistakes in the second half.
You're kidding right? DERwayne can't stand Carlton.

Maybe Murphy could hear my calls of "******* ballerina!" from Melbourne - he made some attrocious mistakes in the second half.
Venting also at how biased Lynch is AGAINST US!

Yes I know you played for us and barrack for us, but my god stop Lynchy!

******* DER-WAYNE, how much longer does the footy public have to put up with the arch dickhead commentator.

God he is doing my head in tonight. And Riccuito and Lynch are just adding to the insanity. Jesus Lynch just can't help himself going out of his way to show his not biased by being biased in favour of whoever the Lions are playing. Riccuito is his dumb self and Der-wayne just calls whatever he wants regardless of the fact he is not on radio and everyone can see his clearly wrong about a dozen times a quarter.

**** someone save me from this torture - I thought torture was outlawed these days anyway?
FFS switch the TV to mute...I gave up on audio years ago and it is much more enjoyable!

Can someone confirm or deny for me please: Watch the first 2 seconds of the team song video in slow-mo. Isn't that Angus in the background standing next to Burton?

Yeah, confirmed on a couple of the other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back