The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

A road user charge? How will they track that?
No idea, just spitballing ideas.

all these cars are smart (seems intrusive) , you might need to buy some sort of token that can be tracked as you enter main roads ?

Or if you own a car, perhaps you get taxed more? The options seem endless.

They should get rid of the bloody stupid tax write off for Wankpanzers if you have an ABN number.

Work vehicles.

2022-Isuzu-N-Series-NPR-45:55-155-Tradepack-1001x565.JPG

1666529565.MMP-221.jpg

Not a work vehicle.

efa3cc0a8aa0e6646319553bf8b03605.jpg

Audit them, and if they are used more for private use than work, they owe tax.

FBT made it much harder to have a company car.
But because tradies in the building industry are often private contractors, they get to expense their ride to and from work.

We already have Tolls.
Most EVs have apps etc.. it’ll be pretty easy to set up a user pays system,

You saw the high court ruled states can’t charge based on distance a car travels. Perversely they can be tolled on a particular road
Guess what we will see more of, to pay for road upkeep? Especially as fuel excise dwindles

Uneven unfair taxes with the federal govt taking before they give back

One day someone somewhere is going to nail one of these solutions and gas, coal and nuclear will be dead overnight.

I’ve been saying this for years…gravity batteries are the key.
You could retro fit sky scrappers by sacrificing one lift column.
You could simply use train tracks on the side of a hill.
But making something sustainable goes against the core principles of the economic system we are in.

For those that are thinking of getting a home battery, even without solar, it’s worth it.

let’s say you buy a 10kw battery for $10k.
Normal warranty 10 years or 4000 cycles.
That’s 4cents per kw cycle.

If you can charge for free and average 1 cycle per night.m @45c average price during peak period kw - subtract the 4cent cycle costs
10 x .41 = $4.10 savings per night
$1500 per yer… payback 6.6 years.

After 10 years you’d have $5100 towards new battery.

For those that are thinking of getting a home battery, even without solar, it’s worth it.

let’s say you buy a 10kw battery for $10k.
Normal warranty 10 years or 4000 cycles.
That’s 4cents per kw cycle.

If you can charge for free and average 1 cycle per night.m @45c average price during peak period kw - subtract the 4cent cycle costs
10 x .41 = $4.10 savings per night
$1500 per yer… payback 6.6 years.

After 10 years you’d have $5100 towards new battery.

The payback reduces considerable more if you are willing to help the grid out in its time of need.
This is tonight’s wholesale spot price for feed in… the price is a prediction and is volatile.

IMG_2702.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad part about the oil industries massive control over the world for the last 100 years is the lack of development in battery storage.
As seen by the advancements in the last 10 years, could you imagine where could have been if the early advancements in electric motors in the 1800’s had of continued. 130 years of advancements…
I suppose we got electric trains and trams.

The sad part about the oil industries massive control over the world for the last 100 years is the lack of development in battery storage.
As seen by the advancements in the last 10 years, could you imagine where could have been if the early advancements in electric motors in the 1800’s had of continued. 130 years of advancements…
I suppose we got electric trains and trams.

And ships. Deisel generators electric propulsion.

Funny thing is. We now see these EVs can be sold at price points competitive with ICEs. But this reduction is harming sales because of second hand values also dropping.
It’s seems only months ago EV sellers were saying govt subsidies were needed. Hefty ones too.
It’s the market in action. It will stabilise

Is this also playing our in the solar panel sector? I suppose panel buyers aare manly buying for first time not replacing

Work vehicles.

2022-Isuzu-N-Series-NPR-45:55-155-Tradepack-1001x565.JPG

1666529565.MMP-221.jpg

Not a work vehicle.

efa3cc0a8aa0e6646319553bf8b03605.jpg

Audit them, and if they are used more for private use than work, they owe tax.

FBT made it much harder to have a company car.
But because tradies in the building industry are often private contractors, they get to expense their ride to and from work.

Maybe we should go one step further?

If you don't need a car at all for work, can work from home or work within a radius of public transport you aren't allowed to own a car at all.....

Why would that split be interesting and why would it be at all informative?
why do you think it wouldn't be interesting ?

it would be informative because if, as is likely , these large utes are predominantly used for daily drive by accountants and men with an inferiority complex, the tax incentives that allow their purchase can be removed without our far right brethren melting down about cost of doing business.

And ships. Deisel generators electric propulsion.

Funny thing is. We now see these EVs can be sold at price points competitive with ICEs. But this reduction is harming sales because of second hand values also dropping.
It’s seems only months ago EV sellers were saying govt subsidies were needed. Hefty ones too.
It’s the market in action. It will stabilise

Is this also playing our in the solar panel sector? I suppose panel buyers aare manly buying for first time not replacing

This is where the above video i posted exposes the lies … can someone show me where these second hand EVs are dropping so cheap???I’ll get one… It’s all BS…
ICE cars are in the death roll and are trying desperately to hang on..,
People in countries where EVs have taken over the majority of new car sales, second hand ICE cars are basically given away.

… and isn’t it a criticism of EVs is the initial cost?? How are prices dropping a negative?

Last edited:
You saw the high court ruled states can’t charge based on distance a car travels. Perversely they can be tolled on a particular road
Guess what we will see more of, to pay for road upkeep? Especially as fuel excise dwindles

Uneven unfair taxes with the federal govt taking before they give back
Perhaps it will give car addicted Govts the opportunity to consider better PT as their source of revenue on roads diminishes.

I'm sure they'll find a way to tax us, perhaps GST upto 15%?

Perhaps it will give car addicted Govts the opportunity to consider better PT as their source of revenue on roads diminishes.

I'm sure they'll find a way to tax us, perhaps GST upto 15%?

Putting travel prioritisation, costs, incentives and most important revenue entirely in state govt hands might improve things for all.

I don’t think Feds collect train bus passenger fares and redistribute it to states to run the system. Road transport funding and expenditure should be the same.

Those ‘hero’s’ who took the state govt to court did no one any favours except themselves

why do you think it wouldn't be interesting ?

it would be informative because if, as is likely , these large utes are predominantly used for daily drive by accountants and men with an inferiority complex, the tax incentives that allow their purchase can be removed without our far right brethren melting down about cost of doing business.

That wasn't your original point.

You said specifically about vans vs utes.

Not all tradies can use vans, most would find it inconvenient tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back