The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

It should and will remain whilst it's a viable commercial vehicle, which it is.

View attachment 2011284

I don't like subsidising the sales rep that flies Qantas over Jetstar, or takes clients to Squires Loft over McDonalds, but here we are....
You really have missed the point, that car isn't ever likely to see the inner city.

Even then, you can do that on literally any ute.

I've seen plenty.

Do you have an issue with a Builder, Plumber, Sparky, Plasterer with a standard ute towing a tool trailer?
No - but most of them are towing ski boats and caravans, or as others have noted doing the school drop off.

American utes are not practical work vehicles.

You can tow a tool trailer with pretty much anything by the way - the tool trailer is the giveaway that the ute is useless.

No - but most of them are towing ski boats and caravans, or as others have noted doing the school drop off.

American utes are not practical work vehicles.

You can tow a tool trailer with pretty much anything by the way - the tool trailer is the giveaway that the ute is useless.

So tradies cant do a school drop off?

As I repeated previously, you need some of these cars to legally tow some caravans and ski boats because of the GVM restrictions.

My point about the tool trailer which you seemed to overlook is a standard ute with a tool trailer is much larger than one of these utes.

A ute with a tool trailer is very practical for a lot of reasons.

And no it’s not a give away that the ute is useless, it may be a case of someone not wanting to spend $10-$15k on their ute body when they already have a trailer setup.

Especially if they are racking up high km’s and turn over their work vehicle regularly, it’s a case of having to not make that same investment repeatedly which is one of the downsides of a ute body vs trailer.

As I repeated previously, you need some of these cars to legally tow some caravans and ski boats because of the GVM restrictions.

My point about the tool trailer which you seemed to overlook is a standard ute with a tool trailer is much larger than one of these utes.

And no it’s not a give away that the ute is useless, it may be a case of someone not wanting to spend $10-$15k on their ute body when they already have a trailer setup.

Especially if they are racking up high km’s and turn over their work vehicle regularly, it’s a case of having to not make that same investment repeatedly which is one of the downsides of a ute body vs trailer.
If you have to spend $10-15k on the ute body the ute is useless. and 99% of ute owners don't even bother - because they know it is useless.

Fits golf clubs well. Pain in the arse to reach over to get them - but they fit.

I’ve been saying this for years…gravity batteries are the key.
You could retro fit sky scrappers by sacrificing one lift column.
You could simply use train tracks on the side of a hill.
But making something sustainable goes against the core principles of the economic system we are in.

You have no idea of the scale needed do you?

Maybe we should go one step further?

If you don't need a car at all for work, can work from home or work within a radius of public transport you aren't allowed to own a car at all.....

Because our public transport is so good, and work is the only reason we have a vehicle.

so wouldn't it be great to know the actual numbers rather than us have a pissing contest.

becuase they generally are. They generally offer no more load capacity than smaller cars are twice the price and petrol use and what annoys everyone twice the size.

sure, the have greater towing capacity for that carvan or jetski

exactly. Which it would be great to know who is actually driving them as to minimise the number of them needlessly driving around the inner city.

Its like you agree it would be good to know who is using them so we can plan appropriately

Tradie doesn't need, Roll Bars, Spotlights, Bullbars, Snorkle, 4WD, often don't need a duel cab, full set of ARB accessories.

View attachment 2011284

I don't like subsidising the sales rep that flies Qantas over Jetstar, or takes clients to Squires Loft over McDonalds, but here we are....

Yep the things on the back are good, and they have aluminium side steps, because the AWD twin cab is jacked up too high.

Why is that more cost effective for a business than a kitted out van , that doesn't need the elaborate stainless steel wrapped around the shelves?

They bought an AWD , because the owner likes AWD's.

VanShelving-Feature4.jpg

View attachment 2011284

Actually international aircraft already have higher CO2 emissions than Australia so we should be looking at minimizing business trips already.

Its bullshit when international corporations try to get their subsidiaries to use less water ( when the only water they are using , might in some instances be coffee, and toilets ), but they don't care about how much CO2 they emit catching taxi's to the airport and flying round the globe any chance they get.
Oh but they do report CO2 used in company owned vehicles.
Under corporate reporting if you leave the Company VW Golf at home and take a V8 Uber to work and back, you have less emissions.

If it was me i'd be capping which vehicles were applicable for work tax deductions.
Who cares about your recreational Caravan or boat. ( needs to be a bloody big boat to get above a fairly ordinary towing capacity ).
If you want a Lambourghini, or a Dodge Ram, etc etc, its not necessary for your work, you don't get to fully tax deduct it.

I'd be a bastard if i worked for the tax department.

These cost half the price of a Dodge Ram, will hold a lot more and tow up to 4.5 Tonnes.

IE They are a useful work tool, a good company investment , rather than a perk for the company owner.

Yep the things on the back are good, and they have aluminium side steps, because the AWD twin cab is jacked up too high.

Why is that more cost effective for a business than a kitted out van , that doesn't need the elaborate stainless steel wrapped around the shelves?

They bought an AWD , because the owner likes AWD's.

VanShelving-Feature4.jpg
If it was me i'd be capping which vehicles were applicable for work tax deductions.
Who cares about your recreational Caravan or boat. ( needs to be a bloody big boat to get above a fairly ordinary towing capacity ).
If you want a Lambourghini, or a Dodge Ram, etc etc, its not necessary for your work, you don't get to fully tax deduct it.

I'd be a bastard if i worked for the tax department.

These cost half the price of a Dodge Ram, will hold a lot more and tow up to 4.5 Tonnes.

IE They are a useful work tool, a good company investment , rather than a perk for the company owner.

I never said they are cost effective.

I also stated that once you pay the multitude of taxes applicable to them as well as the running costs they aren’t cheap.

But if a business wants to spend it’s overheads on them, who is anyone to stop them?

And where do you draw the line?

Café’s are only allowed Chinese coffee machines, not $40,000 Italian units?

Ban on Festool and Hilti for tax write offs when there’s cheaper alternatives like Ryobi?

A law firm isn’t allowed to pay $10,000 for their board room table, they need to go to fantastic furniture?

Even the worst accountant will tell you that cash always trumps tax write off’s and deductions.

The greenies are melting at it because it’s front and center at their woolworths and it’s something to get outraged at.

Ignoring the other million examples business’ use for tax deductions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The greenies are melting at it because it’s front and center at their woolworths and it’s something to get outraged at.
No normal Australians are getting annoyed at them blocking car parks, footpaths and narrow streets and usually being driven by self absorbed knobs. Remembering most complaints are people using them in the city, not in regional areas.

So yes, there are lots of tax deductions, but like say negative gearing, when it is seen as a negative to society people say something, its how societies tend to work. (that's not laying judgement on negative gearing surge, that's just pointing out the current sentiment).

I admire your determination on the topic though.

I never said they are cost effective.

I also stated that once you pay the multitude of taxes applicable to them as well as the running costs they aren’t cheap.

But if a business wants to spend it’s overheads on them, who is anyone to stop them?

And where do you draw the line?

Café’s are only allowed Chinese coffee machines, not $40,000 Italian units?

Ban on Festool and Hilti for tax write offs when there’s cheaper alternatives like Ryobi?

A law firm isn’t allowed to pay $10,000 for their board room table, they need to go to fantastic furniture?

Even the worst accountant will tell you that cash always trumps tax write off’s and deductions.

Ignoring the other million examples business’ use for tax deductions.

Larger businesses usually have to justify their purchases internally.
If the General Manager wants a personal toy, he has to buy it.
But these utes are a tax rort for little mum and dad businesses.
If they were audited there would be a lot busted for NOT using their work vehicles at work enough.

One day someone somewhere is going to nail one of these solutions and gas, coal and nuclear will be dead overnight.

Yeh I got excited about these a while back but they don't really work on a large scale unfortunately.

Transitioning potential energy to electrical is a well known process but the only way it really works on scale is through hydro. Also why pumped hydro is kinda bullshit, a solar array isn't going to compete with the power of the weather systems that fill those catchments. All thermodynamics and that jazz

The sad part about the oil industries massive control over the world for the last 100 years is the lack of development in battery storage.
As seen by the advancements in the last 10 years, could you imagine where could have been if the early advancements in electric motors in the 1800’s had of continued. 130 years of advancements…
I suppose we got electric trains and trams.
We've been on lithium batteries for the last 20 years and the gains have been incremental in that time, of course there's headlines and research but nothing mass produced has fundamentally changed in that time. The advancements have primarily been in charging cycles and preserving longevity rather than a chemical based revolution

Of course the petrochemical industry is nasty af but we are never going to see the energy density of oil in a nice stable(ish) liquid again. This is the carbon pulse and it will come to an end

Electrified rail based networks are where it's at though, that's how you move people/goods in a sustainable manner(also walking/bike, bread based movement)

This is where the above video i posted exposes the lies … can someone show me where these second hand EVs are dropping so cheap???I’ll get one… It’s all BS…
ICE cars are in the death roll and are trying desperately to hang on..,
People in countries where EVs have taken over the majority of new car sales, second hand ICE cars are basically given away.

… and isn’t it a criticism of EVs is the initial cost?? How are prices dropping a negative?
EV's are the death roll(rattle?) of the car industry.

Moving 3 tonnes of metal to the shops to buy an avocado from Darwin isn't sustainable, just walk

EV's are the death roll(rattle?) of the car industry.

Moving 3 tonnes of metal to the shops to buy an avocado from Darwin isn't sustainable, just walk
The whole point of electrifying and moving to 100% renewables is sustainability.
And you’re not getting me walking to the shops in Darwin in that heat.

The whole point of electrifying and moving to 100% renewables is sustainability.
And you’re not getting me walking to the shops in Darwin in that heat.
There's an irony here

Increase electricity consumption with widespread EV's, CO2 spikes from manufacturing and base load power, refuse to walk through the heat those emission's created......hhhhhmmmmmm profit? I guess

Just mammal things

What a simplistic response…

Well its pretty simple.

Lets say we have a 10m diameter , 30m tall block of steel on your skyscraper.
That's going to weigh 235 Tonnes. ( 7.8 tonnes/m3 ) So pretty heavy , will need significant infrastructure, probably the whole building would need to be stronger to accommodate it.

If the weight is able to be raised 150m , that will provide potential energy of mass x gravitational force (9.81m/s2) x height.
SI units are great, because 1 kg raised 1m gives 9.81 Joule of potential energy.
So 235000Kg raised 150m off the ground gives potential energy of 345802500 Joule.
Joule can be converted directly to Kwh by dividing by 3 600 000.
That gives you 96KWh

That's not very much.

So i hope you can understand why i suspect that you have no idea of the scale of what you are talking about.

Remove this Banner Ad

The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back