Things That Shit Me (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
+ motorhead shirts anyone as well Ed :D

I bought a Motörhead t-shirt a couple of weeks ago, but I actually know and like their music, and even bought their most recent album, Motörizer, in 2008. I've never seen anyone wearing one of their t-shirts either. You usually see a few tryhards around wearing AC/DC t-shirts who probably don't know anything beyond "Thunderstruck" though.

I bought a Motörhead t-shirt a couple of weeks ago, but I actually know and like their music, and even bought their most recent album, Motörizer, in 2008. I've never seen anyone wearing one of their t-shirts either. You usually see a few tryhards around wearing AC/DC t-shirts who probably don't know anything beyond "Thunderstruck" though.

I've seen the tshirts in various trendy shops thus leading to the possibility that they will get the "ramones treatment" in years to come.

which is very very sad.

Those Zumba ads. Not many relationship breakers for me but if anyone I know bought that shit id literally have to severe all ties with that person if not punch them in the nose, mum and dad included. Id say thanks for making me but I hate you now

Id rather my fiancee bring back 3 black men to gangbang her in the shower than a Zumba DVD

I don't get the habbub over band T's in the first place.

I have 3 or so that I just don't wear anymore because I've got better shirts to wear.

I went to a gig with 5 or so mates a couple of months ago with 4 bands playing and all bought at least 2 band shirts worth $50 each. I thought that was a bit of a waste of money.

I always look down upon people wearing Pantera/Metallica/Iron Maiden/Motorhead/some other generic metal bands t-shirts. Screams try-hard.

I buy a fair few artist shirts, but not if they are $50! Most the ones I buy are around $25-30 for smaller Australian bands, the ones that need more support than a band like Pearl Jam or a Kanye West selling a shirt for $50 when they already have heaps of money. Bullshit. :\

I buy a fair few artist shirts, but not if they are $50! Most the ones I buy are around $25-30 for smaller Australian bands, the ones that need more support than a band like Pearl Jam or a Kanye West selling a shirt for $50 when they already have heaps of money. Bullshit. :\

Lame.

I always look down upon people wearing Pantera/Metallica/Iron Maiden/Motorhead/some other generic metal bands t-shirts. Screams try-hard.

Generally you can get band T-shirts a lot cheaper online, though I only have two which are Opeth's Ghost Reveries t-shirt and Mastodon's Crack the Skye t-shirt .

Generic Metal T-shirts just scream bogan IMO. But I don't despise the shirts, just the people wearing them who probably only know one of songs sung by the band depicted on the t-shirt.

Even worse though are ****ing nu-metal/metalcore t-shirts. More of them in Bunbury than you can poke a stick at.

My favourite shirt is a band shirt, Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah. Best thing about it is no one has any idea that it's a band shirt.

It's a good thing having a non-generic band t-shirt. The bogans won't realise what the shirt is actually about, but the fans will give you a 'nice work' compliment.

I forgot to mention that at said gig a had mates wearing Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold and Trivium shirts.

Was incredibly embarrassing, however good to see people laughing at them.

Having to pay for plastic bags.
I got something from Target today and the woman asked if I would like a bag. It was pretty bulky and would have been awkward to carry so I said yes.

When I had a look at the docket later I saw I was charged 10c for the bag. She didn't tell me I would be charged when I accepted her bag offer either. Shit effort Target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having to pay for plastic bags.
I got something from Target today and the woman asked if I would like a bag. It was pretty bulky and would have been awkward to carry so I said yes.

When I had a look at the docket later I saw I was charged 10c for the bag. She didn't tell me I would be charged when I accepted her bag offer either. Shit effort Target.
you didnt see the signs?
notice her type/scan the code?
the appearance on 10cent bag fee on the screen?
all of the above?

you didnt see the signs?
notice her type/scan the code?
the appearance on 10cent bag fee on the screen?
all of the above?

There were no signs from what i saw. I didn't notice her scan it up or notice it on the screen because when she asked if I wanted a bag i was getting the money out of my wallet. I figured that there would be nothing added to the screen.

There were no signs from what i saw. I didn't notice her scan it up or notice it on the screen because when she asked if I wanted a bag i was getting the money out of my wallet. I figured that there would be nothing added to the screen.
She should have mentioned it, i make all my staff mention it (i work at target) when they ask.

Hasn't it been common knowledge that Target charge for bags for some time now...unless I am mistaken? Just curious.

Thats what I thought also. Surely 10 cents in this context is no biggie. Each to their own though, I guess.

My issue is twofold.
Firstly they shouldn't charge for bags. I don't care if it is 5c or 50c it is a joke. Especially for items where you actually need a bag.

Secondly she didn't say that the bag was going to cost. She just asked if I would like a bag.

I'm standing by my thoughts. Shit effort from Target.

Thats what I thought also. Surely 10 cents in this context is no biggie. Each to their own though, I guess.

Most places that charge for bags usually ask you if you want one to start with, and then mention that it'll cost you $0.10 or so.
About 6 months
My issue is twofold.
Firstly they shouldn't charge for bags. I don't care if it is 5c or 50c it is a joke. Especially for items where you actually need a bag.

Secondly she didn't say that the bag was going to cost. She just asked if I would like a bag.

I'm standing by my thoughts. Shit effort from Target.
The stores get charged 18cents for bags, so if you are that angry im sure teh target store also want their extra 8 cents.

Its been in place for almost 6 months and there are signs, now she probably should have mentioned it but it was on the news and every newspaper so its hardly a new thing

But once again if its that bad, im sure you would enjoy paying the extra money the manufacturer charge us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back