Things That Shit Me (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are in a lecture at uni, or even meetings at work, and one person asks 100 questions, that seem to be so plain obvious to you, but they ask them. And they ask so many questions, that it extends lectures or meetings to way longer than they are meant to be or need to be.
If you are dumb and have 1000 questions, ask them in private so you don't waste everybody elses time.

I guess there is such thing as a dumb question after all, then. :eek:

It's fore.

I'm sure someone could give you the historical reasons for calling out fore, but I cant be bothered.

I think it means that those in the 'fore' (as opposed to 'aft'/behind) better look behind them since a little hard white ball might be on its way in a hurry. :)

Tripping over in public. (And I mean all the way...)

After almost 30 years of life, I finally got to realise what it is like first hand, earlier today.

I do not recommend it at all. :thumbsdown::eek:
Did you do the old, dust yourself off quickley and proceed like nothing happened?

Hahaha, something like that. I tried to get up real quickly, but it felt like an eternity. :eek:

Now my left ankle and right arm is killing me.

Haha, I've done that. I was walking down into an underground car park in Lygon St, it was raining and the concrete pathway was very slippery. All of a sudden, I'm parallel to the ground and landing very hard on the concrete, winding me.

It was a fall of epic proportions. Even I lolled. There was nothing else to do, except slink away wincing.

Haha, I've done that. I was walking down into an underground car park in Lygon St, it was raining and the concrete pathway was very slippery. All of a sudden, I'm parallel to the ground and landing very hard on the concrete, winding me.

It was a fall of epic proportions. Even I lolled. There was nothing else to do, except slink away wincing.

Yeah well I have no excuses, it was a set of stairs, indoors, carpeted ffs.. and I was wearing flats!!!! Geeze you could make a case for yourself if I was wearing heels maybe... I have no idea how the hell i fell..

(And i wasnt drunk either, before anyone suggests it :p)

When
All the talk about petrol prices. Get a life. What, $3 more at the end of it? Worse, the 4c/Litre dockets are so sought after that often people, when their shopping gets to $26, will buy meaningless crap to make it up to $30 to get a 4c voucher... Which will save them $1.50 at the bowser. Dumb people.

Okay, this is true for people who full up once a week.

But try owning your own business and having 20 cars on the books.
These cars fill up 3 or 4 times a week (75L tank Ford Territory).
A full tank at say $1.10 = $82.50
A full tank at say $1.30 = $97.50

That's an extra $15 per tank. An extra $60 a week per car. 20 cars on the books.
That's $1,200 a week.

In 2008 the petrol climbed over $1.60 a litre in some parts.
A full tank costing around $120.
So thats $37.50 per tank, or $3,000 a week for the company.

4c a litre saves the company $240 a week. Virtually pays for the first year apprentice.
The bolded bit is stupid though, i'll give you that.

Guys who think they are big strong men if they can eat a lot of food.
And they often mention how much they eat..

Funny story..
On schoolies for some reason everyone was pissing in bottles (dont ask why)..

One mate pissed, came around the corner with 4 vb bottles full of piss and told everyone he just pissed in 4 of them in one load.

Too bad another mate saw him filling them up with water..

We have never told him we knew and it hasnt come up since.
But i just want to know why?

Okay, this is true for people who full up once a week.

But try owning your own business and having 20 cars on the books.
These cars fill up 3 or 4 times a week (75L tank Ford Territory).
A full tank at say $1.10 = $82.50
A full tank at say $1.30 = $97.50

That's an extra $15 per tank. An extra $60 a week per car. 20 cars on the books.
That's $1,200 a week.

In 2008 the petrol climbed over $1.60 a litre in some parts.
A full tank costing around $120.
So thats $37.50 per tank, or $3,000 a week for the company.

4c a litre saves the company $240 a week. Virtually pays for the first year apprentice.
The bolded bit is stupid though, i'll give you that.

Obviously, on that sort of scale, yes, the cost is significant.

I'm talking about the knob who buys 6 packets of chewies and 3 magazines to get to the magical $30 figure.

And then calls talkback radio at 2am to complain about it.

When you are a way and someone rings you at home and the family member home fails to take a message. You then are trying to figure out who it could of been all bloody night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys who think they are big strong men if they can eat a lot of food.
And they often mention how much they eat..

Funny story..
On schoolies for some reason everyone was pissing in bottles (dont ask why)..

One mate pissed, came around the corner with 4 vb bottles full of piss and told everyone he just pissed in 4 of them in one load.

Too bad another mate saw him filling them up with water..

We have never told him we knew and it hasnt come up since.
But i just want to know why?
Ahahah WTF?

2 lane suburban road. There is a parked car on the other side of the road and the approaching driver just goes around it crossing over onto my side of the road expecting me to veer left to accomodate him.

Ah the good old days where they used to slow down and sit behind the parked car until you went past. Not these days.

Dual lane at an intersection.
You're turning left but the left hand lane is only an optional turn.
So you get stuck sitting behind a guy who is going straight and miss the green arrow.

I know it's not illegal, and the guy in the car isn't doing a thing wrong. It's just annoying.

Ah the good old days where they used to slow down and sit behind the parked car until you went past. Not these days.

i slowed down to let someone thru this morning.

Dual lane at an intersection.
You're turning left but the left hand lane is only an optional turn.
So you get stuck sitting behind a guy who is going straight and miss the green arrow.

I know it's not illegal, and the guy in the car isn't doing a thing wrong. It's just annoying.

i was the guy going straight ahead once. women behind me wanted to turn left, started high beaming me, hitting the horn and making gestures that resembled a flog in a blender. waited until the arrow turned yellow then decided to turn (as i could take that route to work anyway). woman sped past, i followed but missed her at the next lights. shame really.

2 lane suburban road. There is a parked car on the other side of the road and the approaching driver just goes around it crossing over onto my side of the road expecting me to veer left to accomodate him.

ARRRRGGGGGGH this shits me SO MUCH TOO. If there is enough room for both cars, sorry, I am gonna go thru, **** them. The side which has the car MUST GIVE WAY. And also you wave to the person who gives way to you. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WAVE HUH.

I ****ing toot the bastards sometimes for not waving. So ****ing rude. :thumbsdown:

When a poster falls down from your wall during the middle of the night.

Scares the **** out of you.

I hope it was a poster of Tom Hanks and Co. from the Burbs. :D:thumbsu:

(And for the record, I have been lucky that posters in my room have only fallen down during the day. never happened in the middle of the night.. would scare the shit outta me too, im sure, if it did)

ARRRRGGGGGGH this shits me SO MUCH TOO. If there is enough room for both cars, sorry, I am gonna go thru, **** them. The side which has the car MUST GIVE WAY. And also you wave to the person who gives way to you. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WAVE HUH.

I ****ing toot the bastards sometimes for not waving. So ****ing rude. :thumbsdown:

The worst part of it is the morons who know there is a parked car so they deliberately go down that lane to push in. I never let them in, but most of them just seem to think they have a right to push in and you have to give way to them. The not waving part is just rude but hopefully karma will catch up with them......

The word courtesy doesn't exist to most drivers these days. People are just off in their own little world.

Speaking of waiting for green arrows... I always love it when the person in front of you hasn't noticed it's gone green, and you have to beep to wake them up.

Every single time, they drive really fast after you've beeped them and they've turned the corner, like it's meant to compensate for you having to wait 4 seconds longer.. Or maybe it's out of embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back