Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
May 20, 2006
Altona Meadows, Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Western Highlanders, THFC
With all this pathetic talk of the hawks only being able to use our financial position for there amusement is becoming unlaughable.

In terms of boths teams instead of exchanging typed blows, why cant we get everyone to the first game next year to show there true support and make this rivalry an even bigger rivalry.

And for the hawks fans dont use the Telstra Dome as an excuse to not attend. If you wont watch a hawks game because its at the TD, it is a disgrace.

I'm not sure there is that type of rivalry in the real world. Sure, we both have had good long winning streaks against the other, and they have always been a side I've enjoyed winning against. But as far as I'm concerned it's always been a pretty friendly relationship between the two sets of supporters.

If you're talking about the crap that is on Bay 13 and the main board, that's just an embarrassment to both teams.

The dawks used to be my most disliked team (largely because we went around a decade without being able to beat them). once we started beating them they became almost irrelevant. Still abit annoyed with the way that the trade with us... rawlings and hay.
i dislike collingwood, carlton, essendon and sydney much more these days.

I grew up in a predominantly Hawthorn family and always had a soft spot for them... until I joined up on here. A severely disproportionate number of f*ckwits support that club and then proceed to make themselves heard on here.

But moomba is right though, this rivalry outside of BF is pretty tame.

I grew up in a predominantly Hawthorn family and always had a soft spot for them... until I joined up on here. A severely disproportionate number of f*ckwits support that club and then proceed to make themselves heard on here.

It's kind of weird because in the first few years of BigFooty, the Hawks fans were some of the best around - GOALden Hawk, DCFC/Mocca, Hitman, Grendel, Chris_23, etc. It's a shame that most of them don't post on BigFooty anymore.

Its all based around the Hay/Rawlings/Thompson deals

We gave it to them for Thompson .. They gave it to us for Hay.

We eventually got Rawlings and the Doggies paid the cost but then he didn't really do much for us anyway.

It will most likely simmer down this year without any big trades happening between the clubs

They are nuffies. Dead set, the ratio of moron to non-moron amongst the current BF lot is amazing.

We'll beat 'em twice this year and finish above them. You can take that to the bank. If Bigfooty does anything, it really makes me want us to do well against certain side. They are rubbish, so I shouldn't care, but I can't waint until we give them a bath in 2007.

Is it really that bad?? I cant say I get involved in too much of it but I dont think its that bad, even on Big Footy. Too many people get upset about things that people say on here when it means nothing!
North Boy, your comment about beating us twice this year is slightly wishful thinking I would think. I reckon we will get you guys at least once! I think its all great, Big Footy is about discussion, debate and supporting your club and there is plenty of that on here and its all harmless!

They are nuffies. Dead set, the ratio of moron to non-moron amongst the current BF lot is amazing.

We'll beat 'em twice this year and finish above them. You can take that to the bank. If Bigfooty does anything, it really makes me want us to do well against certain side. They are rubbish, so I shouldn't care, but I can't waint until we give them a bath in 2007.

Certainly the excuses have run out at Hawthorn. If they fail to beat us they can no longer claim the rebuilding excuse. We've hit rock bottom and they are on the rise. If we beat them twice, that means our rebirth is occurring faster than theirs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine, our greatest rivalry should be with Carlton.

Owned NMFC shares
Poached Pagan (which actually turned out to be a good thing)
Takeover bid thinly veiled as merger
....anybody want to add to the list

1999 Grand Final meant that all my footballing ambitions have been fulfilled! Anything else now is just icing.

on the upside however

Gave McKernan a B&F
Carried bik Mick to 300 games

Once I met a hawks supporter and he had shiit his pants and tried to dry root an extremely fat transvsetite (he got rejected)
Seriously, everyone else in the Hawks community looked up to him. He was a pillar. A ********in pillar. Revered

They are scum and they don't even know what it is like to win.

And even worse, they don't care....as long as they get plenty of draft picks.

Past champions would absolutely cringe at what they have become.

And I have no doubt we will beat them twice in 2007.

on the upside however

Gave McKernan a B&F

Also gave Teague a B&F too.

1997LeadGoalKicker said:
Carried bik Mick to 300 games

But it was a shame that his final game of AFL footy was for Carlton. As much as I loved the send off we gave Burton, he only played about 70 gamess for us. At the other end of the ground, a bloke who wore our colours for almost 300 games wandered back into the Carlton rooms without the chance to get the plaudits and appreciation from the North fans.

Also gave Teague a B&F too.

But it was a shame that his final game of AFL footy was for Carlton. As much as I loved the send off we gave Burton, he only played about 70 gamess for us. At the other end of the ground, a bloke who wore our colours for almost 300 games wandered back into the Carlton rooms without the chance to get the plaudits and appreciation from the North fans.

I'd hoped that we were going to carry Micky up the race and into our rooms, Carlton gear and all. Maybe he was too heavy to kidnap.

I'd hoped that we were going to carry Micky up the race and into our rooms, Carlton gear and all. Maybe he was too heavy to kidnap.

Hmmm...I remember hoping that a few of his former teammates could have persuaded him to come over to the North race after the game so we could acknowledge his contribution to the club.

kennett.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

This Whole Kangas Vs Hawks Rivalry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back