Tickets vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi - was wondering if anyone can help with ticket info for this Friday.

So I am a member, and I’m registering for tickets to the game on Wednesday, so hopefully I’ll get one.

However, does anyone know what the deal is with MCC and AFL memberships with the reduced capacity?

My understanding is our membership allocation - as the away team - is 5000.

If I missed out on the member tickets, are AFL membership/MCC still able to be used? I have a couple of friends who are MCC/AFL members who won’t be using their ticket as they’re not Pies or Dogs fans, but I don’t know if with the reduced capacity, if the stadium structure is just Pies members/Dogs members and small general public sale.

If anyone was able to help would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Afl members/mcc etc go on sale tomorrow. After the club allocation window closes on weds morning it then goes to general public if any left.

hey guys, firstly, i will always love treloar!! our loss. secondly, this ticketing thing is so wrong, the allocations are bullshit.
im a legend so got first dibbs for our club, well after the mcc and afl!, here is what i discovered; i had my pc logged in and cycling at 12.52, it was still cycling and i had not selected anything 5 min past 1pm, i got on my ipad, i didnt log in, i just went to the page, no queue, i put in the 4 barcodes and went to the next step, still not logged in, i had 2 choices, for some reason only general works, select general, i picked best available, i wish id picked level 1 but i wasnt game, i got level 2, row e so pretty happy with that, im not sure when it logged me in during this, but i got tickets quickly, and my pc was still in the queue. good luck. but not friday! Treloar to kick a bag, but we still win!!! cheers
Legend! Thanks. So best not to log in initially then?

hey guys, firstly, i will always love treloar!! our loss. secondly, this ticketing thing is so wrong, the allocations are bullshit.
im a legend so got first dibbs for our club, well after the mcc and afl!, here is what i discovered; i had my pc logged in and cycling at 12.52, it was still cycling and i had not selected anything 5 min past 1pm, i got on my ipad, i didnt log in, i just went to the page, no queue, i put in the 4 barcodes and went to the next step, still not logged in, i had 2 choices, for some reason only general works, select general, i picked best available, i wish id picked level 1 but i wasnt game, i got level 2, row e so pretty happy with that, im not sure when it logged me in during this, but i got tickets quickly, and my pc was still in the queue. good luck. but not friday! Treloar to kick a bag, but we still win!!! cheers
You have a special relationship with commas, my friend.

Legend! Thanks. So best not to log in initially then?
it worked better for me, but it could just be that i used a different platform. when we got finals tickets in 2019 my daughters phone was fasted, we had a laptop iphone and pc all waiting. it says underneath the queue page dont be in more than one queue, it might make your chances worse, so i hedged my bets and logged in on one and not the other!!! good luck!

it worked better for me, but it could just be that i used a different platform. when we got finals tickets in 2019 my daughters phone was fasted, we had a laptop iphone and pc all waiting. it says underneath the queue page dont be in more than one queue, it might make your chances worse, so i hedged my bets and logged in on one and not the other!!! good luck!

Yeah since becoming a gold AFL member in 2016 I have found the app on my phone seems to load in quicker during the high demand times (like today or GF tickets) compared to my laptop/tablets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I read somewhere we were being allocated 4,000 tickets for Friday night.

Better than Carlton who are only getting 2,000 for Thursday.
How good is only getting 2000! Might have to pop over to the Blues forum and ask how Tutty is travelling

What would be fantastic is if (or when) you miss out for the pies game (and you attempted to get tickets), that you get first dibs on the next away game but that would be too much to ask for wouldn't. I am filthy that we only get 4,000 and are basically last in the queue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be fantastic is if (or when) you miss out for the pies game (and you attempted to get tickets), that you get first dibs on the next away game but that would be too much to ask for wouldn't. I am filthy that we only get 4,000 and are basically last in the queue.

I’ve been thinking about this too. Whilst restrictions are in place and numbers limited, I also think it should be something that if you get tickets, you go to the back of the queue for the next game. Although I’d like to go to as many games as possible, I know there’s a lot of other people who would also like to so I feel it needs to be fair.

That said maybe it’s just a short term lottery thing, possibly within weeks it will be full capacity availability, or at least what will make it a lot easier to get tickets

or just make sure all tickets go to competing supporters, not sure why AFL non bulldog or Pies fans could get tickets, even the MCC, it should be us die hard fans first.
And from what I’ve read of the ticket breakdown. Collingwood members get 27,500. Dogs members get 4000. So that means nearly 20,000 tickets alone go to AFL and MCC members! It’s a joke.

And from what I’ve read of the ticket breakdown. Collingwood members get 27,500. Dogs members get 4000. So that means nearly 20,000 tickets alone go to AFL and MCC members! It’s a joke.
couldnt agree more - we are away against carlscum next week, i wonder how many we get? today was awful, and im tier 1, bloody ridiculous, id love to hear the justification. i have friends i would have got tickets for that are lower doggie members but we couldnt do it

Is it though? I’m only a Bulldogs member and I’m already resigned to the fact I’m not getting a ticket today. The MCC makes up around 22% of the MCG capacity and I understand their ticket allocation is pro rata’d to that amount. What do you suggest? MCC just not get their fair share of tickets? I know it sucks but there’s so many people to try and please here. The issue is more the Government faults. You can’t tell me with a straight face that having 75% capacity in a stadium is a greater ‘risk’ than having 50% capacity. We have one active case in the whole state.

Hey team, lot of pessimism on here. Are those who don’t think they are getting a ticket, Melbourne away game members? Am I silly to think that if I sign in to the portal at 10 AM on the dot with my away game membership bar code, I will be unlikely to get a ticket? I am only requesting one ticket.

Hey team, lot of pessimism on here. Are those who don’t think they are getting a ticket, Melbourne away game members? Am I silly to think that if I sign in to the portal at 10 AM on the dot with my away game membership bar code, I will be unlikely to get a ticket? I am only requesting one ticket.
I reckon you’ll have good chance. Large groups might struggle. I know a few aren’t even bothering.

Is it though? I’m only a Bulldogs member and I’m already resigned to the fact I’m not getting a ticket today. The MCC makes up around 22% of the MCG capacity and I understand their ticket allocation is pro rata’d to that amount. What do you suggest? MCC just not get their fair share of tickets? I know it sucks but there’s so many people to try and please here. The issue is more the Government faults. You can’t tell me with a straight face that having 75% capacity in a stadium is a greater ‘risk’ than having 50% capacity. We have one active case in the whole state.
So many of the events I’ve seen with limited capacity, they don’t use the whole stadium to spread out the crowd but close down whole sections (so they don’t have to employ staff to man the bars/security in those sections etc) and jam the 50% allows in together anyway, it’s a complete flipping joke all around

I agree. I'm sure I'll get 2 tickets at 10am. Especially if you know what to do & we all do on here. I think a lot won't bother or they'll be fluffing around not having read the email instructions & thinking it's a normal ticket seller booking.

Only needing 1 ticket, you'll definitely get one

Remove this Banner Ad

Tickets vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back