Tickets vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi - was wondering if anyone can help with ticket info for this Friday.

So I am a member, and I’m registering for tickets to the game on Wednesday, so hopefully I’ll get one.

However, does anyone know what the deal is with MCC and AFL memberships with the reduced capacity?

My understanding is our membership allocation - as the away team - is 5000.

If I missed out on the member tickets, are AFL membership/MCC still able to be used? I have a couple of friends who are MCC/AFL members who won’t be using their ticket as they’re not Pies or Dogs fans, but I don’t know if with the reduced capacity, if the stadium structure is just Pies members/Dogs members and small general public sale.

If anyone was able to help would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Afl members/mcc etc go on sale tomorrow. After the club allocation window closes on weds morning it then goes to general public if any left.

Is it though? I’m only a Bulldogs member and I’m already resigned to the fact I’m not getting a ticket today. The MCC makes up around 22% of the MCG capacity and I understand their ticket allocation is pro rata’d to that amount. What do you suggest? MCC just not get their fair share of tickets? I know it sucks but there’s so many people to try and please here. The issue is more the Government faults. You can’t tell me with a straight face that having 75% capacity in a stadium is a greater ‘risk’ than having 50% capacity. We have one active case in the whole state.
75% capacity is coming next week anyway by the sounds of things.

Like the pies fan said, why are AFL members who don’t even support the two teams able to buy tickets before club members.

This isn’t something exclusive to this year, this has been the same situation for years, only magnified now because we have to order the tickets online due to Covid tracing and crowd restrictions.

Hey team, lot of pessimism on here. Are those who don’t think they are getting a ticket, Melbourne away game members? Am I silly to think that if I sign in to the portal at 10 AM on the dot with my away game membership bar code, I will be unlikely to get a ticket? I am only requesting one ticket.

Aren't all members from last year away members given the free upgrade.

It's not going to be easy. And as I keep saying, we have to go through this bullshit every week. It's like trying to buy finals tickets every week.

Also is there a priority setting for Gold, Silver & Bronze for away access? I remember seeing something a week or so ago but I haven't seen any correspondence in relation to this in the last couple of emails. Only that the window for all away members opens at 10am.

Also is there a priority setting for Gold, Silver & Bronze for away access? I remember seeing something a week or so ago but I haven't seen any correspondence in relation to this in the last couple of emails. Only that the window for all away members opens at 10am.

I believe you're thinking of round 2, where the different levels have different times to buy.

I believe you're thinking of round 2, where the different levels have different times to buy.
I swear I saw that was for round 1 as well but I could be wrong. So in theory a Gold level away member should have the exact same chance as a Bronze level away member for this match.

I swear I saw that was for round 1 as well but I could be wrong. So in theory a Gold level away member should have the exact same chance as a Bronze level away member for this match.

Away members are all the same.

I am putting in my bar codes but not taking them will it not go to next step until 10 am I gather ?

Yep. But just keep an eye on it. I'm staying on this page & not pushing button until 10am (already tried it & went back & started again)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone just check the webpage a minute or two before 10am to check that it hasn't timed out.

Mine has. So I go to the link again https://bit.ly/3rRRl4w and am trying to get to the barcode page, but it's saying it's busy.

It's just clicking over & over - I assume I'm in a queue, but I'm going to have to put in bar codes again

Remove this Banner Ad

Tickets vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back