Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 34 Reflections

Remove this Banner Ad

1. It would be conceivable that the beez award has gone to his head, if Headless had one. The inability to answer a question without posing another one may also be explained by the same reasoning. In b4 a question about what I mean by that.
Could you please elaborate on this, dear friend? 🤗

1. It would be conceivable that the beez award has gone to his head, if Headless had one. The inability to answer a question without posing another one may also be explained by the same reasoning. In b4 a question about what I mean by that.
2. The downhill skiers are in unchartered territory after their first loss for the season, probably good to get their one for the year out of the way before finals. Some of their players in the match thread were BOG and may have exhausted themselves too much to impact on the game. Win/win for the Bombers.
3. Posters complaining about posters complaining about posters complaining is the very definition of irony. Suck on that Alannis, you confused Canadian songstress. Unless of course the real irony of a song called Ironic is that it contains no examples of the song title, and if so, you are a wicked genius.
OoOOOooooOOOoooh so cryptic.

Three Things - Rd 8
cQtQtTk.png

THREE THINGS I LEARNT THIS WEEK

ROUND 8

Three things I learnt this week...
  1. The league has forgotten it's heroes for too damn long... but from this week forward, no more. The Sweet FA Hall of Shame awaits those who neglect their club champions.
  2. The ill devised Phoenix rebrand remains a touchy subject for those involved. damicky's TheMediaFactory™ produced 'The Limburger Files' continues to shine a much needed light on the league's greatest controversies.
  3. Everybody loves Horry - Grand Uncle Horace made a much loved, triumphant return on Saturday, much to the relief of the entire Sweet FA community.
Over to you Sweet FA! 👍

cQtQtTk.png

ROUND 8

1. The league has forgotten it's heroes for too damn long... but from this week forward, no more. The Sweet FA Hall of Shame awaits those who neglect their club champions.
  2. The ill devised Phoenix rebrand remains a touchy subject for those involved. damicky's TheMediaFactory™ produced 'The Limburger Files' continues to shine a much needed light on the league's greatest controversies.
  3. Everybody loves Horry - Grand Uncle Horace made a much loved, triumphant return on Saturday, much to the relief of the entire Sweet FA community.
Over to you Sweet FA! 👍
What if Jabba73 has more than 3 things to say mate:think:

What if Jabba73 has more than 3 things to say mate:think:
Did he learn them this week? :think:

Judging the average IQs of the league's participants, (not Jabba73 of course, that guy is a total mensa) I'll never discourage the league from some extra curriculum.

Just realised my contribution from a couple of weeks ago is missing, here it is again minus the part that most likely got it deleted.

2. Alarm bells should be ringing for anyone considering a further expansion bid, with club lists up and engagement down. Finding the right mix of experience and even more rookies will be a herculean task and extreme caution should be exercised before deciding if the benchmark for another expansion team is declared as reached. Maybe the Bye is here to stay.
3. Milestone threads are very hit and miss, seems a little disrespectful for teams to put so little effort into acknowledging long time contributors to their club. Even if their contribution has waned, their work to keep the club alive over hundreds of games should inspire an appropriate celebration.

Just realised my contribution from a couple of weeks ago is missing, here it is again minus the part that most likely got it deleted.

2. Alarm bells should be ringing for anyone considering a further expansion bid, with club lists up and engagement down. Finding the right mix of experience and even more rookies will be a herculean task and extreme caution should be exercised before deciding if the benchmark for another expansion team is declared as reached. Maybe the Bye is here to stay.
3. Milestone threads are very hit and miss, seems a little disrespectful for teams to put so little effort into acknowledging long time contributors to their club. Even if their contribution has waned, their work to keep the club alive over hundreds of games should inspire an appropriate celebration.
Why would you have had a post deleted for saying You really didn't like playing for the Bombers, because their a bunch of idiots, so you were on the lookout for a new club.

Massive overreaction from the mods I reckon.

3. Roys are still yet to award votes against Baghdad from weeks ago in @GWS Goose thread...Not cool.
I the Roys have been otherwise occupied as late. Even we didn't see many of them until late in the week.

Why would you have had a post deleted for saying You really didn't like playing for the Bombers, because their a bunch of idiots, so you were on the lookout for a new club.

Massive overreaction from the mods I reckon.
Not sure I could get away with saying that. Might be a case of

1. You've got to hand it to the Bombers. They've been so insignificant on field and immaterial off field that neither they as a club nor any individual posters feature in my top 10 most hated clubs or players. Great effort all :thumbsu:
2. **** Joel Selwood.
3. **** Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. You've got to hand it to the Bombers. They've been so insignificant on field and immaterial off field that neither they as a club nor any individual posters feature in my top 10 most hated clubs or players. Great effort all :thumbsu:
If I’m not mistaken, that puts us in your Top 3 teams.

You obviously need to LIFT mate!

21F0674D-F3ED-487C-BA4A-616EBD3361DA.gif

Three things I learned this week:
1. Clubs are holding onto players that no longer want to be there for … reasons known only to themselves. One guess would be larger lists at the last minute may have led some to hold onto extra inactives, letting go of posters contributing might be a bridge too far. Further expansion may be less realistic than first thought.
2. The week doesn’t drag-on when the opposition gets fired up and has several contributors. Seems some lists are stronger than others, well done to the LGs who are keeping their players involved.
3. Great to see the SFA looking out for its own. The Baghdad Bombers #1 ticket holder Creepy Uncle Whore-ass went missing for a while, triggering an emergency response from all and sundry. Thanks to ClarkeM for his timely thread to keep all expressions of concern in a single thread so we could all keep up to date and check for any further news. Thankfully, he has responded and let us know he is still around. Hopefully his medication review allows the cranky old bugger more time to throw barbs at will. A timely reminder for all clubs to check in on all inactive posters on their lists.

2. * Joel Selwood.
3. * Geelong.
Everyone loves the Bombers, you are not alone. Well done on being confident enough to express it publicly.

1. some people take this way too seriously .. mental health > fantasy clubs.

2. kindness doesnt cost a damn thing. be good to one another and others will be good back to you.

3. this has got to be one of the best rookie classes as of late. seeing Mrs Turbo face plastered over our match threads by being the OP this week was just... brilliant 🥵 and that intro video was great teamwork with the big turb 👏

2. * Joel Selwood.
3. * Geelong.
We're shattered mate LOL.

Three Things - Rd 9
cQtQtTk.png

ROUND 9

1. SweetFA.plus continues to be a god send for the competition thanks to Hate's painstaking and tireless curation and will only get better. How else would I be able to lazily flick through clubs I don't care about and continue to find such valuable mud to sling?
  2. The return of league veterans Frothies Mcveigh & HARPSichord gave our thread a delightfully different spin from previous excursions out to the Colosseum. Welcome back.
  3. With U2tigers' 'The Edge' finding itself in the too hard basket, rucks across the competition wept. At least I assume that's why Tonga Bob has been crying in the rooms each week.
Over to you Sweet FA! 👍

cQtQtTk.png

ROUND 9

1. SweetFA.plus continues to be a god send for the competition thanks to Hate's painstaking and tireless curation and will only get better. How else would I be able to lazily flick through clubs I don't care about and continue to find such valuable mud to sling?
  2. The return of league veterans Frothies Mcveigh & HARPSichord gave our thread a delightfully different spin from previous excursions out to the Colosseum. Welcome back.
  3. With U2tigers' 'The Edge' finding itself in the too hard basket, rucks across the competition wept. At least I assume that's why Tonga Bob has been crying in the rooms each week.
Over to you Sweet FA! 👍

FB9793FD-DD37-49DA-ADDF-B7B77722AF8A.jpeg

You've played as many seasons with one team as you have number of teams?
He's finally found SweetFA+ and is tremoring in fear at being outed in the Hall of Shame again it seems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 34 Reflections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back