Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 34 Reflections

Remove this Banner Ad

Three things I learnt this week...
  1. Coney Island is cursed. I repeat, CONEY ISLAND IS CURSED... AND THERE'S NO WAY WE COULD POSSIBLY WIN THIS WEEK

Nice use of the reverse jinx, TIF!

1. The SFA community is still a good place for looking after each other, thanks to all those checking in on others with RL issues such as floods etc. It doesn’t cost much to offer support.
2. With multiple proposed team members impacted by current non-SFA issues, a little momentum has been lost for one of the expansion bids. It may not be launched this season unless the other bid is started and is prepared to do the heavy lifting by driving the debate for change. As it stands, there will be 0 or 2 bids launched this season.
3. Someone has messed up worse than those listed in the Hall of Shame. Against all known parameters, the Baghdad Bombers gave up a massive lead and yet after a rocket from BLUEALLTHRU at the quarter time break, we launched an attack that blew away the Royals. Normally we simply pull the pin and bomb out after being so far down, this week we exploded into action and left our opponents devastated. Given we have qualified for finals, it is time to plan another, and perhaps even more spectacular, exit.

1. The SFA community is still a good place for looking after each other, thanks to all those checking in on others with RL issues such as floods etc. It doesn’t cost much to offer support.
2. With multiple proposed team members impacted by current non-SFA issues, a little momentum has been lost for one of the expansion bids. It may not be launched this season unless the other bid is started and is prepared to do the heavy lifting by driving the debate for change. As it stands, there will be 0 or 2 bids launched this season.
3. Someone has messed up worse than those listed in the Hall of Shame. Against all known parameters, the Baghdad Bombers gave up a massive lead and yet after a rocket from BLUEALLTHRU at the quarter time break, we launched an attack that blew away the Royals. Normally we simply pull the pin and bomb out after being so far down, this week we exploded into action and left our opponents devastated. Given we have qualified for finals, it is time to plan another, and perhaps even more spectacular, exit.
Bold prediction.

Bombers out in straight sets.

I concur.

Bold prediction.

Bombers out in straight sets.

I concur.
Reckon we have already done that.

Also done the spectacularly poor effort in the GF.

A GF loss with a score after the siren, from a dodgy free kick, might be the go to option.

Animated GIF

Surely someone learnt something??? TheInjuryFactory this is a sad day mate.

Three Things - Rd 12
cQtQtTk.png

Round 12

Animated GIF

Surely someone learnt something??? TheInjuryFactory this is a sad day mate.
I learnt a while back that this thread has run out of steam and people have clearly lost a will/skill to shit stir and decently antagonise under the guise of innocent learnings.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Three things I learnt this week:

1. VeinGlorious is back, so hard right now

839CB178-9891-45F3-959E-F6D35E905AD9.gif

2. When the match starts with only players on the opposition team mentioned

PLAYERS TO WATCH :
Ophidian Old Boys FFC: <none>
Mount Buller Demons: CrimsonViolet sante Hate Proper Gander

you know the SIM has something special in store for you

joey-fatone-bend-over.gif

3. Mrs Turbo has always been great partner, but our relationship has gone to another level since she can qooty!

hey-boys-it-doesnt-get-any-better-than-this.gif

1) The Roys won a premiership.
2) The S in SFA stands for Sh*thousery.
3) The Roys won a premiership.

1. The Furies lost a couple of good posters and we knew that would hurt them. They also lost a couple of not so good posters and it has helped them enormously. Reckon they pass the ”better off overall” test.
2. The Admin is still MIA and the committee has gone quiet, so the former Admin is making media. The SFA voting for a change in leadership passes the “better off overall” test.
3. Still no word from the second new expansion bid means it is almost certainly dead in the water for next season. This means there should be a plethora of potential rookies that have been approached by the two bids that are ripe for the picking … if teams know where to look. Get to it Captains. Keeping the Bye passes the “better off overall” test.

1) The Roys won a premiership.
2) The S in SFA stands for Sh*thousery.
3) The Roys won a premiership.
Intra-club preseason competition? Congrats I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Was reminded East Side are a civil and amusing crew.
2. There have been 400 games involving the Wonders champions and comedy duo, ClarkeM and croweater 41
3. How good to see the return of VeinGlorious

3. Still no word from the second new expansion bid means it is almost certainly dead in the water for next season. This means there should be a plethora of potential rookies that have been approached by the two bids that are ripe for the picking … if teams know where to look. Get to it Captains. Keeping the Bye passes the “better off overall” test.
6E557597-71A1-4DBB-91EC-069581FD039E.gif

2BCCAEE7-E2AD-4E7A-B608-C94B77E0A5F8.jpeg

1) It’s a nice feeling to be able to go into the last round not relying on other results to play finals.

2) Not fussed about the bye in general but as the last team to have one it occurred to me during the last match thread that if we lost the last game and were eliminated through other results then it could be legitimately near a third of a real year before the Royals played again. It’s diabolical fixturing, there has to be a way to extend seasons.

3) As the in form full forward of the league my late start may have cost me a Fred but it’s perfect timing for flag 3.

Reckon we have already done that.

Also done the spectacularly poor effort in the GF.

A GF loss with a score after the siren, from a dodgy free kick, might be the go to option.
I’ll take it

1 - My Rucking days are over. (**** you Qooty Gods/SIM)

2 - I need to Sacrifice a Bono Bobblehead to the Qooty Gods or something so I don't get subbed out of the game for the umpteenth time this season.

3 - The OOB's are at a huge loss of why our form has disappeared - Playing like a Wooden spoon side right now.

2) Not fussed about the bye in general but as the last team to have one it occurred to me during the last match thread that if we lost the last game and were eliminated through other results then it could be legitimately near a third of a real year before the Royals played again. It’s diabolical fixturing, there has to be a way to extend seasons.
I'm still big on the round-robin idea added to the Sweet FA calendar. It solves the issue of not enough games AND it creates more flexibility with the ability to schedule seasons.

3 - The OOB's are at a huge loss of why our form has disappeared - Playing like a Wooden spoon side right now.
Ahem. Hold our beer.

Three Things - Rd 13
cQtQtTk.png

Round 13

Three things I learnt this week...
  1. The best melts are still committee melts, shame I don't have a front row seat anymore. Would also be an awful shame if some of it were to make it's way into the public domain...
  2. The fixture is f**ked and needs a remedy. Could be four plus months between games for some clubs.
  3. I'm still laughing at the Dragons.
Over to you Sweet FA! :thumbsu:

1. Chewing gum and walking at the same time is too high an expectation to put on some clubs representatives. The taxing task of selecting their all-SFA nominations means any rule change proposal discussions need to be postponed until some undisclosed time in the future. Embarrassing.
2. The SFA has not run out of media ideas. A couple of new threads from some new to the task have thrown up something very different for discussion to anything previously attempted. Nice to see innovation isn’t dead.
3. The random Sim is throwing up some surprising consistencies. The laws of probability suggests that will change, is the upcoming finals series the catalyst for some extraordinary happenings?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 34 Reflections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back