Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 34 Reflections

Remove this Banner Ad

1. The Bye was just like a normal week, plenty of gatecrashers wanting to be part of the Bombers match thread, only difference being there was no match.
2. Moves are afoot for another bid, or maybe more, for expansion. If two bids are launched, and one is aimed at eliminating the Bye, does that bid need to withdraw to prevent the Bye becoming institutionalised? Quite the conundrum for any potential bid/s.
3. A successful expansion, further expanded team lists and no sanctioned tour of the boards? Clubs are being left to their own devices in relation to recruiting, some are doing much better than others. Maybe the Bombers were correct when claiming that sending the same tired old posters on the same Vanilla tour was not going to fix the recruiting problem. More players are joining since they stopped.

Moves are afoot for another bid, or maybe more, for expansion.
They would want to get a wriggle on if they are aiming for S35.

3. A successful expansion, further expanded team lists and no sanctioned tour of the boards? Clubs are being left to their own devices in relation to recruiting, some are doing much better than others. Maybe the Bombers were correct when claiming that sending the same tired old posters on the same Vanilla tour was not going to fix the recruiting problem. More players are joining since they stopped.

Rookie intake by season

S26
40​
S27
28​
S28
35​
S29
34​
S30
27​
S31
31​
S32
32​
S33
30​
S34*
33​

* without the Old Boys, 26 rookies have been bought into the league by the existing 12 clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie intake by season

S26
40​
S27
28​
S28
35​
S29
34​
S30
27​
S31
31​
S32
32​
S33
30​
S34*
33​

* without the Old Boys, 26 rookies have been bought into the league by the existing 12 clubs
Tough look for our dear friend Jabba73.

Rookie intake by season

S26
40​
S27
28​
S28
35​
S29
34​
S30
27​
S31
31​
S32
32​
S33
30​
S34*
33​

So, more rookies in this season as I asserted.

No point complaining that the OOBs inflated the figures (if that is what the * is claiming to do), they took rookies that would have otherwise been available to the existing teams. The proof is in the number of new rookies, not in which club they plied their trade.

So, more rookies in this season as I asserted.

No point complaining that the OOBs inflated the figures (if that is what the * is claiming to do), they took rookies that would have otherwise been available to the existing teams. The proof is in the number of new rookies, not in which club they plied their trade.
Yeah that's not how it work mate

They would want to get a wriggle on if they are aiming for S35.
There is still a few days available.

No rule saying they need to be for next season either, a year of consolidation for the new team before trying to create more would not be a bad thing.

Yeah that's not how it work mate
Ah, yes it is. I only asserted there were more rookies, after clubs ... including the new one ... were left to their own devices.

You have provided confirmation that my assertion was correct and I will thank you again for doing so. So ...

Thank You

Ah, yes it is. I only asserted there were more rookies, after clubs ... including the new one ... were left to their own devices.

You have provided confirmation that my assertion was correct and I will thank you again for doing so. So ...

Thank You

There’s one more rookie than the equivalent season last year—-despite Turbo going on a recruiting spree & the Furies going on a recruiting spree.

I think it shows that BigFooty posters are slightly more engaged during the June/July off-season than in Jan, thus making recruiting slightly easier

There’s one more rookie than the equivalent season last year—-despite Turbo going on a recruiting spree & the Furies going on a recruiting spree.

I think it shows that BigFooty posters are slightly more engaged during the June/July off-season than in Jan, thus making recruiting slightly easier
Apart from season 30, it would appear so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 34 Reflections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back