Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 34 Reflections

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest hurdle to having three seasons in a calendar year is having them run back-to-back-to-back. There'd be literally one week off for the entire year, or four weeks of you trimmed finals back to a three-week format.

Putting awards nights together wouldn't be a big deal but for the admin and captains in particular the year would be non-stop. Having time to breathe isn't a bad thing. You just don't want four months off it.

Yep, all very solid points.

Each club plays the opposing 12 teams 3 times in a calendar year.

36 matches in total spread out over two seasons. The tricky part being equal matches played each season plus the bye structuring and it’s inner-machinations.

With finals thrown in that is roughly, what, 44 weeks accounted for, give or take, which leaves ample time for awards weeks, BnF’s, SoO (if that’s still a ting?) and a bit of a breather for everyone before getting stuck in again.

I know when I was skipper and in the committee that finding the time to contribute to the running of the club and the awards ceremonies plus start a bunch of media which I had all intentions of finishing (albeit a few seasons late) and continuing on with in future seasons became a bit of a juggling act.

It’s a bit of a kick in the junk for the clubs that now have no match threads until February to participate in, and for some rookies that may lose interest due to such a lengthy hiatus.

Word salad over, pass the dressing.

Are you kidding me? My committee boner could cut a diamond right now.
Yeah I used to get those all the time in committee… pretty sure that’s why Chief banned me that one time there for roughly 24 hours, pretty sure 🤔

Derail as much as you can, it might hide my recruiting Tonga Bob from underneath him.
As long as I get my 'Wazzas will win the premiership' guarantee. No guarantee, no Bob.

1. The Roys really aren't Roobs, since they parted ways with QBillies Mobbs and Dingster They were great fun.

2. I learnt the prevailing wisdom is the S.33 Premiership was discounted because of the QBillies and the extraordinary luck of TedDougChris

3. Apparently people occasionally write and respond to media and match threads. There must be some limited immunity to the Admins snuff box contents and their general disapproval of engagement.

1. I think most people are on the same page regarding where the league is at, but it seems there's enough talent and concern that we may yet see a revival in the future.
2. Expansion PM spokesperson The Filth Wizard is now hinting that his team may pull out before they put in
3. The timing of the Old Boys entry was woeful given the exits we saw for many posters, I think we should re-evaluate the amount of teams present in the comp for next season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. I think most people are on the same page regarding where the league is at, but it seems there's enough talent and concern that we may yet see a revival in the future.
2. Team 14 spokesperson The Filth Wizard is now hinting that his team may pull out before they put in
3. The timing of the Old Boys entry was woeful given the exits we saw for many posters, I think we should re-evaluate the amount of teams present in the comp for next season.

And yet the OOBS have gone well. The Furies have struggled since taking on some manangatang recruitment errors.

2. Team 14 spokesperson The Filth Wizard is now hinting that his team may pull out before they put in

I’ve never said there is a team, all I’ve said is there is a PM.

Clearly neither mooted expansion bid is up to it. Who are they? Are they credible? They clearly have not done the work. The old Boys bid showed how it should be done. They entered the Comp with bona fides.

Obviously given the precedent no Committee members asSociated with either bid have any business sitting in Committee discussions re expansion or balance of the Comp.

Obviously given the precedent no Committee members asSociated with either bid have any business sitting in Committee discussions re expansion or balance of the Comp.
There has been a precedent set on this as well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 34 Reflections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back