Tigers stalk Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't read through all of the posts, so i don't know if this has been suggested or not, but what about pick 36 and Maric for pick 14? Or perhaps (Chris Knights OR Jack Gunston) and Maric for pick 14 and The Bock Compo pick?

I believe it has been mentioned earlier on in the thread but it was more like Chris Knights+ Ivan Maric for Pick 14

Looks like Gunston is headed to hawthorn though.

Pick 14 is off the table as far as I'm aware. We are not all that interested in our first 2 picks being 36 and 37.

This again?

Tippett = Forward.
Griff = Traded for family reasons.
Moran = Useless.
SMcK = Utility.

We had Maric as our only ruck.
Jacobs approached us.
We needed a second ruck.

Stop talking crap.

Tiger Fanatic - You guys will love Maric; especially after Graham - I can't believe somebody so big, can be so soft and uncompetitive.

Maric isn't perfect, but he's a good footballer, and he'll instantly improve your side.

Second round would be a steal; compo would be a steal by us - I think something like Maric+2nd Round for Compo might be closer.

Good post. Whilst I used to rate Maric as a pretty good porspect, he really hasnt come on as a genuine ruckman like many thought he would.

The tigers wont part with their first, second or compo pick so it would be a player and a later pick or just a player for player swap.

New Article:
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-keen-to-talk-trade-deal-on-maric/story-e6frecjc-1226160655678

As trade week talks begin in Melbourne on Monday, Richmond's head of football Craig Cameron would not buy into speculation the Tigers' first-round draft pick (No. 14) would be used to take Maric to Tigerland.
"I'm hopeful we can come to a deal with Adelaide. I know they've got a couple of other things on the go," Cameron said, alluding to deals the Crows need to finalise for the departing Tony Armstrong and Jack Gunston.
"Adelaide has always been a club which is good to deal with in trade week so I'm hopeful we can come to an arrangement next week."

Only thing it says is that Rich don't want to give up their 1st rounder. So in other words nothing new. Curiously though Cameron doesn't mention the Compo Pick, could that be in play instead?;):D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Discussions are based around Adelaide wanting the Compensation Pick and Richmond are talking about their 2nd round pick (note the reason for the likely Morris deal is just to make sure that the 2nd round pick is not used here).

1st pick at 14 is too high but Richmond want Maric as a 1st Ruck (it makes no difference that he isn't a 1st Ruck at Adelaide) and that is worth the Compensation Pick/2nd round or some combination.

1st pick at 14 is too high but Richmond want Maric as a 1st Ruck (it makes no difference that he isn't a 1st Ruck at Adelaide) and that is worth the Compensation Pick/2nd round or some combination.

Then we can just walk away. Simple solution. :):thumbsu:

Adelaide can keep a player they don't need and get nothing for him.

wow, it appears we have reached the bottom of the barrel.

Was probably reached by about post 19#:D.

Hi Guys dont want to intrude but seriously 2nd rounder for maric !!

I really believe you might be aiming a bit high there.

Sam Jacobs a mid 2nd rounder last year as a standard would mean Maric at best would be a 3rd rounder.

But Nason as a swap could be a possibility as we have way too many like type players on our list already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back