Alpha1

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Mar 27, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
We are a young team (excuse one)...Yes we are young, but that does not excuse the last two weeks.

Umpires again - I hate when people blame umpires, we are soft, we are second to the ball and hence we don't get paid the free kicks.

But we beat the Saints and the Cats? - That was a long time ago, and now is just a distant memory.

But we are in the eight - Yes, we are in the eight but not for long the gutless way we are playing.

We have players at Carlton who are mentally soft, we have players who read their own hype and have a wank over it, they believe that they are better than they are. The facts have been brutally exposed in our losses this season and none more so than tonight and last week, the circle jerk at Carlton must stop.

We can still make the finals but for that to happen a lot has to change in the next few weeks, the sad this is that our skill errors are still there, the same players making the same basic errors. Something needs to be done and quickly or our season is fast going down the toilet, I have faith in this team but I am pissed off at how quickly we have gone back to our old bad habits, is this a culture thing? We seem to still be living on our victory's over Geelong and the Saints, and that's not a very good thing at all.

And as for those token fight backs, what is the point? Is it to show the fans that yeah we can play a little, it's just that we don't give a shit when it matters

"we have players who read their own hype and have a wank over it, they believe that they are better than they are"

"the circle jerk at Carlton must stop"

"We seem to still be living on our victory's over Geelong and the Saints"

Can you explain how those comments make any sense at all, and on what basis have you made them?

• Banned
Well when good articles are written about us, you can guarantee the next week we will get done by a team who is not that good or in very bad form. How do you explain the shit we have been dished out the last two weeks? Or everytime this happens?

Well when good articles are written about us, you can guarantee the next week we will get done by a team who is not that good or in very bad form. How do you explain the shit we have been dished out the last two weeks? Or everytime this happens?
Speaking of shit being dished out, I've read some of the stuff you've been writing tonight. Quit being such a whining drama queen. We lost a game of footy, suck it up, move on and look forward to the next game.

• Banned
Soft is what we are, mentally weak, we are living off two wins over good teams.

You're blaming articles for a loss, yet you don't want anyone to makes excuses?

What?

Fremantle are above us on the ladder.

Maybe the critics of Ratten and the players need to pay them some respect with their comments on the game.

If you're more passionate about the World Cup than footy, go and watch that.

Murphy, big loss. Kruezer big loss. Bring in Hampson, but wont cover Kruez.

1 goal 12 behinds. We dominated the play but could not kick a goal. From qtr time we were behind the 8 ball because we couldnt convert. Totally outplayed.

Joseph, Hadley, Armifield to go.

Why would you bring in armfield for murphy when grigg is an emergency? surely you bring in another onballer??????

thought hendo presented well. delivery was poor. We play betts yarran and garlett forward and bomb it too them. we were hitting them on the chest 8 weeks ago.

Playing dumb football.

1 goal 12 behinds. We dominated the play but could not kick a goal. From qtr time we were behind the 8 ball because we couldnt convert. Totally outplayed.

Why would you bring in armfield for murphy when grigg is an emergency? surely you bring in another onballer??????

thought hendo presented well. delivery was poor. We play betts yarran and garlett forward and bomb it too them. we were hitting them on the chest 8 weeks ago.

Playing dumb football.

Quite simple because grigg would of had no chance at keeping up with Hill... Yes army didn't get as many possies as murphy would of but he did his job very well and kept hill very very quiet... and as you saw the second army went of hill, hill got the ball and ran inside 50 for a simple pass right at the end there. That would of happened all night if grigg came in

coming back was a good sign but it has to be bottled from then and played through the rest of a game.

i see conflicting opinions on many of these reviews and criticisms, that we are both arrogant and lack confidence. i still think we lack confidence. arrogance is an idea coming from the fans, because we've played poorly last week i don't see how we could have become arrogant. more likely any skills don't match any confidence, play like we did against north, don't kick a goal in a quarter and you don't stay arrogant for long.

hampson could be a good in, i look forward to seeing him as well and henderson who will probably stay in the team. week off will do us a world of good... well i hope so.

Playing dumb football.
Cant really argue with this, time we evaluate players who have above average ability and just play them for the rest of the year, need to stop kidding ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typical Brett Ratten bullshit. Can't coach, end of story. The only reason we beat St. Kilda + Geelong is because they play a similar brand of football to us, and they don't take us all that serious. They were missing players as well. (Riewoldt and Scarlett)

Ratten has no idea how to stead the tide when things aren't going our way. Sack the spud. We are going nowhere with him at the helm.

And yes, Armfield, Hadley and Joseph piss off. WH can also take a hike.

Cant really argue with this, time we evaluate players who have above average ability and just play them for the rest of the year, need to stop kidding ourselves.

Hadley had a reasonable game as did Army. Joseph had a shocker but was starting to come good at the end of the game again.

I think that Joseph needs a week or two in the Ants just to get his confidence back

Hadley will go out when McLean is ready to come back in for him.

It's going to be either Hampson or Warnock who will come in for Kreuzer and now arent you happy that we have no plans to get rid of one of our ruckmen at the end of the year because we are going to be short a ruckman for the next 12 months while Kreuzer recovers from a full knee reconstruction.

i thought Henderson presented well, but had to lead to high up the ground because we were smashed in the middle all night, then there was only the 3 amigos left up forward to bomb the ball to. Sure could have used someone with a bit of height and weight like Hampson to sit 10-20m out of goal and provide a contest. I think time is almost up on the 3 amigos game plan.

We should all be happy with the great performance from Carlton, come on guys in reality it was the perfect performance from us tonight and last week and all those losses we had, great stuff by the Blues.

Lets face it, none of us are giving Freo any credit.

They are a top 4 side, they've shown that all year,
okay we had the thing 390 times,
and were up and down like a brides nighty,
... but they are a decent team.

It doesnt always go our way.

I agree with this, but that does not excuse another shit performance on the back of last week, all I wanted was for them to make a effort and they didn't, this is why I am so pissed off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Time for excuses are over....Carlton v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back