Tippett to Wear Neck Brace

Remove this Banner Ad

That's ********ed. Poor Tippo.

He will probably come back up to the Coast for awhile now, I am assuming? There is no real point of him staying in Adelaide now, as he doesn't have training to keep him distracted now. And he moved to Adelaide not knowing a soul.

That's ********ed. Poor Tippo.

He will probably come back up to the Coast for awhile now, I am assuming? There is no real point of him staying in Adelaide now, as he doesn't have training to keep him distracted now. And he moved to Adelaide not knowing a soul.

He'll continue training, he can still do bike work. Why would you ship an injured player off anyway?

Sometimes when a junior has an injury like this it can be advisable to send them ''home'' for a few weeks and get them to come back after 2 weeks etc

Called compassion

Yeah I know that, Nathan van Berlo went back to visit his family for a week or two when he broke his collarbone, but the guy made it sound like he wasn't needed any more.

I don't think Van Berlo had anything to do with it. Apparently he had his head over the footy in a drill and Matty Bode accidently ran into the big fella!
He will recover and play a part for the crows in 07.

VB had nothing to do with it, it was him and bodey goin for hte ball and bodeys hip connected sith his neck... then craigey was goin nuts at him to get off the ground.... ivan took hoim to the airport and the doc says they will need to fuse the fracture or somethoing along those lines..
thats the truth!

If it was VB then then Tippett would be sporting a coffin, not a neck brace.
But seriously, I hope things work out alright for Tippett. It's terrible to see a kid get an injury to such a sensitive part of the body so early in his career. Hopefully there doesn't end up being any long term effects. :(

VB had nothing to do with it, it was him and bodey goin for hte ball and bodeys hip connected sith his neck... then craigey was goin nuts at him to get off the ground.... ivan took hoim to the airport and the doc says they will need to fuse the fracture or somethoing along those lines..
thats the truth!

Whats with the sms talk :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But its the hidden that concerns

Everytime he goes for a mark and lands awkwardly or gets sandwiched

I am old enough to recall Sachse getting paralysed and I hope I never see another player get it

The positive is he is young and admittedly no surgery was needed. I just hope the medicos err on the side of caution in this one

A friend of mine went through a car door on his bike when some idiot threw the door open without looking and he was in a coma for two months, had to have surgery on his spine three times and he is still playing footy, at an amateur level, and is in his late 30s now.

Unless you don't heal properly or are prone spinal injuries then I wouldn't be overly concerned, it was just a freak accdient and the time off is probably more precautionary than recovery. If you can still ride a bike then your spine is okay.

310231ah.jpg

thats the truth!

if true he would not be continuing trainging in a neckbrace. They'd want it out of the was asap.

fracture= break.

break in the neck =/= wandering around at training riding a bike and all smiles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tippett to Wear Neck Brace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back