Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can either of them hit a target 45m away with two opposition players a metre either side? The answer is no, no they can not.

You do not have a James Sicily on your list.
Look at you knowing precisely nothing about Barrass or McGovern but trying to come across as you do.....cringe

He seems to be injured a lot. I dont recall there being a lot of suspensions. Do you know what all of his injuries have been?

Others are claiming its his back. You are saying it isnt. So, what is it?
Nothing of note. Not like hes got constant soft tissue injuries or anything.
He played every game in 2020, last year he got tunnelled(back injury), and this year he got a concussion + suspension into being rested for the final however many games.
Hes been reasonably durable

You're the one blinded here.. pick 13&30 is worth more on points value than 13&13 with 23 coming back..
I dont give a flying **** what the points value is.

That couldnt be less relevant to this thread.
Pick 19+20 is worth 1860 points, pick 5 is worth 1878 points. How many clubs would trade pick 5 away for picks 19 and 20?

Nothing of note. Not like hes got constant soft tissue injuries or anything.
He played every game in 2020, last year he got tunnelled(back injury), and this year he got a concussion + suspension into being rested for the final however many games.
Hes been reasonably durable

Rested? Or dropped because he told the club he wanted out ?

Genuine question because WCE are an anomaly… Is he even widely considered to be among the top echelon of KPDs in the league?

Or is it because there’s none on the market that he seems more appealing?
He has been regarded as one of the best KPD in the league for years now, without ever being in the top 3-4 at any time.

Hes always been a bit overshadowed by McGovern too who would be the best KPD of the last 15 or so years, so its understandable why you wouldnt have heard much about Barrass over in Vic.

Barrass is not another Ben McKay

Genuine question because WCE are an anomaly… Is he even widely considered to be among the top echelon of KPDs in the league?

Who would be more appealing if available?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would have lost by 2.7 million points without Barrass and McGovern vs Hawks this year.

Despite the Eagles fans here trying to twist words and ask irrelevant questions I do rate Barrass, BUT, he is not coming to Hawthorn to be better than Sicily, because he isn’t, he is coming to set Sicily free so he can average 30 possessions and launch ridiculous missiles into attack.

He’s not a 2 first round pick player due to age and back (which he himself has raised as a concern in an interview). I would be happy with a first and a sweetener due to the 6 flags in a row him and Battle will probably result in. ;)

I think we both agree 1st rounders are extremely valuable and hence you want 2 for TB and we only want to give up 1
As has been said many times, its not just 2 firsts out, the value difference between your F1 and our F2 is not that much.

Forget about rounds, you are focusing too much on the round

As has been said many times, its not just 2 firsts out, the value difference between your F1 and our F2 is not that much.

You're contradicting yourself.. if rounds aren't a big deal you'd be accepting pick 13&30 but you're hung up on 2 x 1st rounders

Thats not what I asked
As we are in a premiership window I would think he would only get traded for a top 10 pick or you wouldn’t let him go. If we were rebuilding still I think pick 13 would get it done, only my opinion.

Now I got a question for you, how many west Aussie born contracted eagles players have asked to be traded away from the club?

I think if you could guarantee it was 13,13 for Barrass and 20, like, already had the picks then yes, I think Hawks could be swindled into it. You guys wouldnt all be wanting it so badly if it was that simple though.
A) Nothing is guaranteed next year and the increase in value is exponential the further they fall
B) While you'd hope the change in points value helps a bit, the 2nd round is always significantly more compromised (as WC fans know as much as anyone).

13 and 30 is a pretty good deal, lets see which team folds first.

As we are in a premiership window I would think he would only get traded for a top 10 pick or you wouldn’t let him go. If we were rebuilding still I think pick 13 would get it done, only my opinion.
I dont think youre being totally honest here
Now I got a question for you, how many west Aussie born contracted eagles players have asked to be traded away from the club?
I cant think of anybody of note

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back