Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Then the trade won’t get done. That statement leads me to believe we’ll be digging our heels in and it’s up to the Hawks to get the correct value
IMG_8919.jpeg

Doesn’t sound like you’ve dug your heels in at all.

The phrasing ‘a first rounder will be involved’. I’m assuming that means this years? Surely
Don't sound so desperate, if they don't cough up then he'll be staying. Can't sell the dream to a player contracted for 3 more years who happens to be elite and positionally in low supply and then refuse to give up fair value, would be a bad look. It's a business, not a charity.

View attachment 2093840

Goodwill can go both ways.

Either the Eagles have agreed to unders(the hawks 1st by itself)
or
the Hawks have come and offered a good deal, perhaps their final deal as the clubs I believe have good relations. The hawks 1st+ something we dont know yet

Goodwill can go both ways.

or
the Hawks have come and offered a good deal, perhaps their final deal as the clubs I believe have good relations. The hawks 1st+ something we dont know yet

It’ll be our first + for sure. I genuinely don’t think it’ll be both firsts, what the add ons are well we get to wait and see. But I do feel there’s good relations and neither of us will end up shafting the other.

It’ll be our first + for sure. I genuinely don’t think it’ll be both firsts, what the add ons are well we get to wait and see. But I do feel there’s good relations and neither of us will end up shafting the other.
Your profile pic keeps confusing me, i was wondering why a cats supporter was talking about "our first" :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2093840

Tom Morris? He wouldn’t know shit about what the Eagles and Barrass talked about today lmao.

Do love this time of the season where journalists that everyone has been hating on all year suddenly become impeccable sources

Lock it in bud. Both firsts will be here. Whether that requires later swaps or not. No chance were handing over a contracted star for peanuts.
We aren't going to throw in a F1 in unless we are winning the flag. There is a still a decent chance we drop back and it could be pick 6-8 next year as a lot of young teams spike and then drop back the next year.

If we progress any further then it may see us and add pick 30

We aren't going to throw in a F1 in unless we are winning the flag. There is a still a decent chance we drop back and it could be pick 6-8 next year as a lot of young teams spike and then drop back the next year.

With Barrass added I cant see you falling that far back, barring injuries

Welcome to Hawthorn, Brian Lake 2.0

he's a great player.
simply amazed by the ridiculous discussion here, he'll be traded for what WCE and Hawthorn agree on what he is worth.
if it's pick 12, or two first round picks plus six young Hawks players, that's no problem, it's what the two clubs think he's worth. The arguments here on what he is worth are ridiculous, to say the least.

Your profile pic keeps confusing me, i was wondering why a cats supporter was talking about "our first" :tearsofjoy:
I forget half the time I have Dangerfield after they lost the gf as the pic. I really need to change it lol

1st rounder and 2nd rounder for Barrass and Eagles 2nd rounder. Too much in my view.

My preference is Future 1st only or Current 1st plus Eagles 3rd

Always remember drafting is tough. Talent shines at juniors but doesnt always translate to senior football. It is not a straight line.
Take North for instance. Wardlaw is hard at it but has poor one sided disposal. He will have a decent career though. McKercher on the other hand is a Fantasy Football special. He will be in every DreamTeam squad. A one-sided stat machine that is too small for long term midfield time. Somewhat like Phillips and Powell. He will frustrate North supporters.
Look at ourselves, DGB is always a moment away from another free kick against. Falls over all the time and is too skinny for any defensive role.

Last edited:

That’s not really our issue though. For the purpose of the trade they’re both currently valued around pick 12 and the F1 is more likely than not to be worse than 12, especially with Barrass in.

If you regress, that’s too bad. That’s the risk you’re taking on by getting a star of the comp

1st round pick for a soon to be 29 year old player next year, with back and concussions issues, and wants out of a poor performing club, is not worth a first round. In recent years we have paid offers, a future first round you should be happy with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back