Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

As opposed to promising barrass that you will improve his current contract, doing nothing for a year and then telling him to look elsewhere?

Except we did offer improved contract and we didn’t tell him to look elsewhere.

He is under contract. In actual fact, we can change our mind 1000 times on what we want and there is nothing Barrass can do about it. If it doesn’t go through, he will turn up day 1 of preseason guaranteed. Hawthorn promised and now hoping to get him for nothing.

But again, he will find another club. Hawthorn is just one of a long list. It’s his “current” girlfriend shall we say.

Most journos we been told to trust say otherwise
Journos get fed by list managers. They have their own interests at heart. Things that u hear In the media need to be taken with a pinch of salt we know how this works seen it year after year. Deals are done on Wednesday with the big deals late on Wednesday.

Barrass has been looking to leave for 2 straight seasons… suggesting that Hawthorn had to convince him to leave is ridiculous.
He wants to go, the Eagles need to regenerate the list.
"You need to renegerate the list...... in 12 months time"

Doeant make much sense yeah. In any case we rejected Swans advances last year, we sure as shit can do it again

Tbh I don't know, neither do you. I'm not sure where our list manager said a 1st and a 2nd ad youve referred to, all I've read is WC want 2 1sts.

Whether they'd settle for less in reality I guess we'll find out, but given he's a contracted player Hawthorn have to satisfy WC. They can play as many games or do as many pick swaps as they like, they still need to satisfy WC at the end of the day.

The Baker trade is a completely separate transaction, all the "WC desperately need pick 14" talk was always rubbish

Nope, listen to your list manager interview on Day 1 of trade week, he never said 2 firsts even when asked pointedly.

Yes you media asked for 2 firsts and we started with 2 seconds & then shifted that to our first pick with your second coming back.

Now we meet in the middle which is the Hawks current offer.

Richmond want a top 10 pick for Baker and say that is fair, you guys are not going to do that. Same same.

We r not after pick 13
Don't be a killjoy, do allow us to play some head games just like others are doing. Its been a boring trade week without these.

We did improve his current contract, he just wants the bigger $$$ Hawthorn have promised him :)
You’re the richest club in the afl and you have ample salary cap space, if this was purely about money you would have been able to get him to stay.

Your draft hand is woeful and you still have to turn over a significant proportion of your list. Stop pretending that this is some coup that has been perpetrated solely on the end of the hawks, eagles are more than happy for him to go and have positioned it so that he was looking elsewhere in the first place.

I personally think an F1 and F2 is fair, but the bleating from eagles fans in this thread is absurd.

You’re the richest club in the afl and you have ample salary cap space, if this was purely about money you would have been able to get him to stay.

Your draft hand is woeful and you still have to turn over a significant proportion of your list. Stop pretending that this is some coup that has been perpetrated solely on the end of the hawks, eagles are more than happy for him to go and have positioned it so that he was looking elsewhere in the first place.

I personally think an F1 and F2 is fair, but the bleating from eagles fans in this thread is absurd.
Do you have to give into every player's demands because they decided halfway through their contract they wanted a better one?

What do you think of the Stringer situation?

Do you have to give into every player's demands because they decided halfway through their contract they wanted a better one?

What do you think of the Stringer situation?
What an amazing comparison

You are seriously comparing the stringer situation to a club champ
please delete that post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to play hard ball and take the round 1 off the table. offer a round 2 and a f2. I think wce are getting desparate now and will have to take whatever they can get
Hardball over a contracted player?

Interesting.

Are you selling tickets to your comedy show, by any chance?

Too difficult for you to understand I see?
Barrass is a premiership winning champion of your club, the comparison with stringer (the least professional player in the comp) is genuinely laughable and probably the most desperate thing you’ve said in this thread.

if Barrass was such an absurdly important/crucial member of your current list and given it has no tangible effect on your salary cap, why would you not just reward the loyalty of a life member of your club especially given you promised him you would.

Open your other eye and just accept the fact that this narrative you and the other eagles fans in this thread have created is simply not reality. He’s said his goodbyes to the club, both sides want this and you’re not going to get the absurd overs you’ve been predicting for months.

Barrass is a premiership winning champion of your club, the comparison with stringer (the least professional player in the comp) is genuinely laughable and probably the most desperate thing you’ve said in this thread.

if Barrass was such an absurdly important/crucial member of your current list and given it has no tangible effect on your salary cap, why would you not just reward the loyalty of a life member of your club especially given you promised him you would.

Open your other eye and just accept the fact that this narrative you and the other eagles fans in this thread have created is simply not reality. He’s said his goodbyes to the club, both sides want this and you’re not going to get the absurd overs you’ve been predicting for months.
Ok but we gave him a 6 year deal, which he was happy with at the time.

Players want the security of contracts, yet are happy to jump ship when a better offer comes along.

Club is doing the right thing by Barrass by attempting to facilitate a move to a rival, provided they receive adequate compensation.

If such compensation doesn't eventuate, Barrass still has the security of another 3 years of his contract remaining.

Lucky for him, eh?

Ok but we gave him a 6 year deal, which he was happy with at the time.

Players want the security of contracts, yet are happy to jump ship when a better offer comes along.

Club is doing the right thing by Barrass by attempting to facilitate a move to a rival, provided they receive adequate compensation.

If such compensation doesn't eventuate, Barrass still has the security of another 3 years of his contract remaining.

Lucky for him, eh?
You keep doing this, if this was purely a matter of him “jumping ship” for money, you would just match the money offered and remove this issue entirely.

You have one of the worst lists in the afl, a supremely average draft hand and your club is doing the same thing that every club in your position does, offloading older players with value.

I’m not saying he should be traded for unders, but at this point you’re just knowingly lying about what has led to this trade and making it impossible to actually have any kind of reasonable discussion about it.

You keep doing this, if this was purely a matter of him “jumping ship” for money, you would just match the money offered and remove this issue entirely.

West Coast don't have to match the money.

He's contracted.

Why's this such a difficult concept to understand? WCE literally have to do nothing in this situation.

You have one of the worst lists in the afl, a supremely average draft hand and your club is doing the same thing that every club in your position does, offloading older players with value.

Everyone said at the start of the year that Hawthorn's list was putrid and was years off. Suddenly it clicked for them and they looked like world beaters.

People talked up North's list this year and they were awful.

I’m not saying he should be traded for unders, but at this point you’re just knowingly lying about what has led to this trade and making it impossible to actually have any kind of reasonable discussion about it.

Lying about what exactly? Show me where I posted it.

Except we did offer improved contract and we didn’t tell him to look elsewhere.

He is under contract. In actual fact, we can change our mind 1000 times on what we want and there is nothing Barrass can do about it. If it doesn’t go through, he will turn up day 1 of preseason guaranteed. Hawthorn promised and now hoping to get him for nothing.

But again, he will find another club. Hawthorn is just one of a long list. It’s his “current” girlfriend shall we say.
Hahaha, this is really getting to you isn’t it? Just relax I’m sure the trade will get done and if it doesn’t you will get to keep him, win win 👍

West Coast don't have to match the money.

He's contracted.

Why's this such a difficult concept to understand? WCE literally have to do nothing in this situation.

Everyone said at the start of the year that Hawthorn's list was putrid and was years off. Suddenly it clicked for them and they looked like world beaters.

People talked up North's list this year and they were awful.

Lying about what exactly? Show me where I posted it.
This is the last time I’m responding because you’re clearly not actually reading anything.

1. I didn’t say eagles have to match it, just that if they actually wanted him to stay and not push for a move, then they would have given there is no financial or cap based reason not to reward a life member of the club.

2. Hawks were significantly younger than the eagles and had been building for the previous 2 years, I don’t know how you could possibly make the argument for a sudden turn around given you’re still clearly rebuilding, but good luck with that if that’s the case.

3. You are lying by continuing to argue that this trade is entirely driven by the hawks, because you know you’re not going to get maximum value from a situation where eagles want to trade out an older player for picks. Again I’m not saying you should be letting him go for unders, but just be honest about the reality of the situation.

Of course eagles can do nothing and I’m sure you’ll enjoy a demons/Carlton esque 10 year rebuild when Tassie come into the comp and soak up all of the talent your club is crying out for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back