Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

So based on this theory, if in 2026, Gold Coast/Swans/Brisbane take the first 10 players with academy picks, and in 2025 there is 2, then pick 15 is worth the same in both years yeah? If Hawks offered 2025 1st rounder or 2026 you wouldnt care which one we got?
Mate lets make this as simple as possible for you! lets say you have pick 1 but there are 10 highly rated academy kids from GC Sydney, Brissie and GWS and they are predicted to all go top 10. that would mean that pick one gets pushed out to pick 11 yeah. Now you realise that you will get the same kid in this situation if you picked at 1 that you will get if you pick at 11.

There was a suggestion on our board to request a top 10 pick and leave Hawthorn to figure out the 'how'. I don't think it happens but it makes sense. That is what we should be getting from this trade rather than simply top 10 value.
The how is very easy with this one, its how fast we get up and leave the room!

It is a big change and well above what Barrass is worth when included with pick 13.

Moving up in the draft costs a decent amount
We don't know how both clubs have determined his 'worth'.

Could be WCE expect a top 10, or this year's first and next year's F1st(with something going back)

Could be this year's first and second.

Could be something else in the works involving a third club altogether.

Barrass wouldn't have nominated Hawthorn if his management didn't think they could get it done.

The HUN seems to think WCE will ask for 2 first rounders, so there's your starting point.

We don't know how both clubs have determined his 'worth'.

Could be WCE expect a top 10, or this year's first and next year's F1st(with something going back)

Could be this year's first and second.

Could be something else in the works involving a third club altogether.

Barrass wouldn't have nominated Hawthorn if his management didn't think they could get it done.

The HUN seems to think WCE will ask for 2 first rounders, so there's your starting point.
What the eagles want and what hawks will be will likely be 2 separate things.

I’d much rather our list management team walked away from the deal than put 2 firsts on the table.

He’s just not worth that much.

You guys are not getting 2 firsts here, I don't know why a lot of you, who are generally reasonable, think you are. Like, this is going to be amicable and not as hard as to do as you are all making out.
This years 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder, for 3 Melbourne to Sydney Business class tickets for Ginnas, Sicily and Sammy boy?

What the eagles want and what hawks will be will likely be 2 separate things.

I’d much rather our list management team walked away from the deal than put 2 firsts on the table.

He’s just not worth that much.
It all depends on where your club thinks you'll finish.

Seems a lot are just thinking "OMG, first rounder, arrrgggh!!!" And not putting stock into where it ends up.

If you fall away and it's a top 10 pick next year then yes, too much(like Schulz for Collingwood).

If it's closer to a second rounder, especially with how compromised the first round is meant to be next year, then it's fine.

People suggesting a first and second rounder aren't necessarily considering this either. What if the second rounder was at the start of the second round? That's only 1 pick away from the first round but for some it's acceptable?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all depends on where your club thinks you'll finish.

Seems a lot are just thinking "OMG, first rounder, arrrgggh!!!" And not putting stock into where it ends up.

If you fall away and it's a top 10 pick next year then yes, too much(like Schulz for Collingwood).

If it's closer to a second rounder, especially with how compromised the first round is meant to be next year, then it's fine.

People suggesting a first and second rounder aren't necessarily considering this either. What if the second rounder was at the start of the second round? That's only 1 pick away from the first round but for some it's acceptable?
If we fall away next year and finish last it having our future 1st would be much better than only having our future second.

Even finishing up higher on the ladder having pick 14-16 is better than say 22 and 34.

It’s a lot of risk to massively overpay for Barrass. I don’t want to pay more than a first. A first and future second would be my hard limit. I just hope the list management team is prepared to walk away if need be

If we fall away next year and finish last it having our future 1st would be much better than only having our future second.

Even finishing up higher on the ladder having pick 14-16 is better than say 22 and 34.

It’s a lot of risk to massively overpay for Barrass. I don’t want to pay more than a first. A first and future second would be my hard limit. I just hope the list management team is prepared to walk away if need be
That's your limit, doesn't mean that's your list management team's limit, especially if they've been told by Mitchell to go get Barrass.

They may not consider it an overpay at all, if it fills a need they consider big enough.

Barrass will cost your first rounder and some decent change it doesn’t get done for short of 13 plus 30 or your 2025RD pick

That's the type of return you get for a prime 24 year old Tom Barrass not a 29 year old with his health issues. Hawthorn will probably get 3 decent seasons out of him and the last two will be spent predominantly in rehab, fixing his broken back from WC mismanagement.

That's the type of return you get for a prime 24 year old Tom Barrass not a 29 year old with his health issues. Hawthorn will probably get 3 decent seasons out of him and the last two will be spent predominantly in rehab, fixing his broken back from WC mismanagement.
Everything you say is so laughably dumb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back