Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Because we gave him a what, 6 year contract?

You think it's appropriate to give him 8 for no reason?

WCE aren't Melbourne/Bulldogs.

It sounds like WC doesn't believe his body is sufficiently reliable to make it for the additional years. This on top of WC backing out of the handshake agreement made last off-season to renegotiate his contract in line with market rates.

It seems as if WC has done the dirty on Tom and are now using him as trade bait and waiting for a sucker to bite.

Because we gave him a what, 6 year contract?

You think it's appropriate to give him 8 for no reason?

WCE aren't Melbourne/Bulldogs.

I don't understand. Breust has been at Hawthorn for 16 seasons, should we not have extended his contract to 17 seasons?

You're saying 8 is too long?

Either way, we can always go after Harley Reid instead. Good mates with Watson.

I don't understand. Breust has been at Hawthorn for 16 seasons, should we not have extended his contract to 17 seasons?

You're saying 8 is too long?

Either way, we can always go after Harley Reid instead. Good mates with Watson.
8 is always too long for any player. Ridiculous to offer a contract that big.

Reid's better mates with Jason Gilbee and Campbell Chesser, who are both at WCE.

Love it how Vic supporters always say "We'll go get Harley then."

It ain't happening.

It sounds like WC doesn't believe his body is sufficiently reliable to make it for the additional years. This on top of WC backing out of the handshake agreement made last off-season to renegotiate his contract in line with market rates.

It seems as if WC has done the dirty on Tom and are now using him as trade bait and waiting for a sucker to bite.

I'll say it a second time, since you've completely avoided the question, as expected.

Explain to me how WCE have 'mismanaged' his injury.

You said:

Yes, I believe an 8 year contract is moronic.

Just look at Oliver and Petracca, for instance.
Yes.

Both long contracts have been massively negative for Melbourne and are a great example of why you don't give players contracts that long.

It's also stupid from the player's POV, because what if they want to move(Petracca, for instance) and can't because the club holds them to their contract?

These players want the security of long term contracts, yet crack the shits when things suddenly don't go their way.

6 years is the maximum any player should be considering and that's for the peak of their career, as Barrass did.

He now wants more dollars, which Hawthorn are offering. It's up to Hawthorn to offer a contract that satisfies WCE enough to let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it a second time, since you've completely avoided the question, as expected.

Explain to me how WCE have 'mismanaged' his injury.

I see you're avoiding the question, as you've been in here enough to react to other poster's posts, so we've now arrived at the fact that you're completely full of shit on this.

Thanks for confirming.

How long until the trade period? The dumbest thing in trade threads is the comparisons between players like there’s an objective measure. It’s market forces case by case. Our pick 13 which becomes about 16 is fair. Hawks will give a bit more via a swap to get it done early and eagles will take it. One of the first and easiest trades this year. Then you will need to wait 2 weeks to compare to Bailey smith when Mackie skilfully extracts pick 87 in addition from the dogs as the deal almost implodes in the final 5 minutes of the trade period.

Thing people are forgetting is apparently we will be paying some of barrass salary.

What will that be worth ?

Hawks getting battle and maybe perryman for free being offset by barrass salary being paid next year .

That's your limit, doesn't mean that's your list management team's limit, especially if they've been told by Mitchell to go get Barrass.

They may not consider it an overpay at all, if it fills a need they consider big enough.
That’s still overpaying. If we happen to be desperate doesn’t make it any less of an overpay.

Just depends on hard limits and I hope our list team has learnt and doesn’t go silly. We’ve got a different man in charge compared to our previous trade failings.

That’s still overpaying. If we happen to be desperate doesn’t make it any less of an overpay.

Just depends on hard limits and I hope our list team has learnt and doesn’t go silly. We’ve got a different man in charge compared to our previous trade failings.
Again, it all depends on what the list management teams considers 'overpaying'.

I daresay they'll have a different opinion to posters on Bigfooty.

Barrass will cost your first rounder and some decent change it doesn’t get done for short of 13 plus 30 or your 2025RD pick
Huh? I’ve already said I’d go to 13 and future 2nd which I already consider a fair bit over but can understand doing it due to our list demographic.

I just don’t want any part of our future first being involved.

Again, it all depends on what the list management teams considers 'overpaying'.

I daresay they'll have a different opinion to posters on Bigfooty.
I’d dare say that’s more to do with hard limits and willingness to overpay in order to secure their man.

I’d be seriously concerned with our list management if they didn’t consider 2 firsts way overs.

They might have a slightly different view I can’t imagine it would be anything as crazy as that.

I’d dare say that’s more to do with hard limits and willingness to overpay in order to secure their man.

I’d be seriously concerned with our list management if they didn’t consider 2 firsts way overs.

They might have a slightly different view I can’t imagine it would be anything as crazy as that.
Depends what they have in mind.

List management teams don't look at one trade in isolation. There's many moving pieces, such as other trade targets, players they're looking at drafting, other clubs involved, etc.

How dumbs that take..
Why add more when he's got plenty to go.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back