List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, Cox is better than Schache... only advantage with Schache is age...

Cox is someone who can kick 3-5 goals against a favorable matchup... especially if the opposition dont double team him.... I cannot see Schache doint near that, maybe he could but he has yet to show the ability to.
Agree, thing is the club believe they are window which with a few clever trades and a new game style we are. Because Schache right now is an unknown I’d rather take what I know if we are pushing for a flag.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

We're talking about the most prolific midfielder in the comp, about to enter the absolute peak of his powers.

His list of accolades from 2016-2020 reads longer than Zach Merrett will have over the entirety of his career.

One of them just turned 25 and is already an All Australian. The other will be 28 at the start of next season, hasn't achieved anything of note. Not sure where this long list of accolades comes from.

I was Treloar's biggest fan for a while but I'd take Merrett if I had the choice of the two.

One of them just turned 25 and is already an All Australian. The other will be 28 at the start of next season, hasn't achieved anything of note. Not sure where this long list of accolades comes from.

I was Treloar's biggest fan for a while but I'd take Merrett if I had the choice of the two.
Its just his rose tinted view

You’re good at that. Just forgetting games like they don’t exist hahahahahahhahahahahah
I don’t forget games, I can just identify when something happens out of the norm. Everyone goes on about how great Geelong is because they smacked us in the semi, while conveniently forgetting that we had just done the hardest road trip in football, beaten a West Coast outfit that was regarded as having as much chance as any other side to win this year, and basically had nothing left in the tank as a result. They also conveniently forget that we beat Geelong earlier this year before the AFL arse ****ed us with the toughest travel draw in the league that had us cooked halfway through the year.

I don’t forget games, I can just identify when something happens out of the norm. Everyone goes on about how great Geelong is because they smacked us in the semi, while conveniently forgetting that we had just done the hardest road trip in football, beaten a West Coast outfit that was regarded as having as much chance as any other side to win this year, and basically had nothing left in the tank as a result. They also conveniently forget that we beat Geelong earlier this year before the AFL arse f’ed us with the toughest travel draw in the league that had us cooked halfway through the year.

Haha but the midfield battering isn’t a repeat anomaly that happens in every big game this club has played in the last 3 years? Did you forget all of them too? Ok mate 😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love Ed Richards from the Dogs but really doubt he's gettable.. he seemed to have a bit of a down year but he's probably ready for some midfield time and he's behind a few top-notchers at the Dogs.

he brings some badly needed speed into the mix

Richards was played mostly from a wing this year. I reckon he's handy, I like his speed, doesn't seem a consistent ball winner as a mid, and kicking is hit and miss. I like him at halfback, which isn't a position we need to strengthen.

I highly doubt we would be so brutal. Our lack of brutality is so obvious, I doubt we have the balls to do this.
You have to wonder what sort of message it sends to the rest of the playing group? But on the other side of the coin players have been moved on and clubs have had success. Although the Treloar trade would be quite different in that regards.

If true i dont know whether to be delighted the club is being gutsy or disgusted at the way it is treating a player who came to us as a big trade and claims to want to play for us. Maybe we're just losing the media battle but that happens to a degree when you refuse to feed the media machine. Good luck convincing anyone to come to us on big money in the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back