List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true i dont know whether to be delighted the club is being gutsy or disgusted at the way it is treating a player who came to us as a big trade and claims to want to play for us. Maybe we're just losing the media battle but that happens to a degree when you refuse to feed the media machine. Good luck convincing anyone to come to us on big money in the future...

Disgusted. And we’ll use the ‘his family is moving to QLD as a rental’ as the motivating factor to move him on, against his wishes.
Can’t wait for Ads to tell the world how badly we treated him. As we all know, we’re not a destination club so it’ll be funny when we continue to get turned down for years to come.

If Treloar is traded I think our window is just about shut, that trade would be at the height of stupidity.

If Treloar is traded our midfield in 2 years will be sh!thouse. Pendles and sidey will be aging or done. It will be Adams only, no draftees should be expected to make a significant difference straight away

If Treloar is traded I think our window is just about shut, that trade would be at the height of stupidity.

If Treloar is traded our midfield in 2 years will be sh!thouse. Pendles and sidey will be aging or done. It will be Adams only, no draftees should be expected to make a significant difference straight away
Not if they get a mature age midfielder back through the deal.

I highly doubt we would be so brutal. Our lack of brutality is so obvious, I doubt we have the balls to do this.
If this is true, then I can finally applaud the club for being ruthless, something we have been very poor at.
Hard decisions need to be made and if some players are out, then tough.
It's time the club put the club first and not the player. No more ridiculous contracts.

If these rumours about Treloar are true and our cap is that tight I wouldn’t be trading our stars away when we could trade others who should not be on 600k as reported, Langdon, Phillips, Cox (not for Schache)

Why do you think our team would remain stagnant and not try and bring in any mature players, despite our track record of hunting experience

Happens more and more these days. No reason why a kid like Phillips couldn’t produce a Rowell like output imo.

Not if they get a mature age midfielder back through the deal.
It comes back to who would want to come here. Our lack of interest in players is either a very bad sign or a great sign that something could be happening under the surface. Fact is if Treloar is out we must secure another midfielder.

If Cox leaves then Wright is a non-negotiable. We can’t line up in round 1 next year with Darcy Cameron as our forward/ruck.
100%

If this is true, then I can finally applaud the club for being ruthless, something we have been very poor at.
Hard decisions need to be made and if some players are out, then tough.
It's time the club put the club first and not the player. No more ridiculous contracts.

I understand that. However, it looks bad since we are essentially telling him to pi55 off.

Usually there’s some form of mutual benefit. This seems purely club driven. Bad culture within the group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s already shithouse, have you been watching, it’s our main Achilles heel + Ruck, Treloar is expendable- we just need to be bold to get back in the game and be competitive against the bigger teams in 2021

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why do you think our team would remain stagnant and not try and bring in any mature players, despite our track record of hunting experience
We could but trading out Treloar for similar players are nothing moves. We need to bolster our midfield somehow without losing Treloar or we are stagnating.

It comes back to who would want to come here. Our lack of interest in players is either a very bad sign or a great sign that something could be happening under the surface. Fact is if Treloar is out we must secure another midfielder.
The lack interest is just because the media have nothing, no one really knows who Collingwood are targeting.

Happens more and more these days. No reason why a kid like Phillips couldn’t produce a Rowell like output imo.
He definitely could but Rowell is a once in a generation talent. We shouldn’t have to rely on draftees early in their career, if they do exceed expectations that’s a bonus.

No doubt in my mind if that’s the case, that we are gunning for Will Phillips in the draft. Plays straight away and we relieve the cap.

Yeah I reckon he gets to 5/6. JUH, McDonald, Tilthorpe, Hollands, DGB then Phillips. My concern is Crows getting that extra pick early that might have us miss him by one!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s already shithouse, have you been watching, it’s our main Achilles heel + Ruck, Treloar is expendable- we just need to be bold to get back in the game and be competitive against the bigger teams in 2021

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The ruck midfield connection is so poor, could you imagine if we had Nic Nat service. Without Pendlebury or Sidebottom it will get even worse. I want to know if we are so tight in cap space why we wouldn’t look at trading out players like Phillips first.

Disgusted. And we’ll use the ‘his family is moving to QLD as a rental’ as the motivating factor to move him on, against his wishes.
Can’t wait for Ads to tell the world how badly we treated him. As we all know, we’re not a destination club so it’ll be funny when we continue to get turned down for years to come.
Jesus dude chill

If true i dont know whether to be delighted the club is being gutsy or disgusted at the way it is treating a player who came to us as a big trade and claims to want to play for us. Maybe we're just losing the media battle but that happens to a degree when you refuse to feed the media machine. Good luck convincing anyone to come to us on big money in the future...

Shows how Badly we are Run

I don’t mind getting rid of Cox. But for Schache?? I might spew. Cox has more of a presence on the field than Schache and when he is on he can turn games around. Schache doesn’t do that he is soft and is 10cm shorter than Cox. Cox straightens us up so I would not trade him away for somebody that cannot do that. I am not against Schache but this deal is a complete downgrade

I agree on Schache being an underwhelming prospect but Cox does not straighten us up. Our lack of a key forward is why we are so indecisive with the footy

Schache and Dale yuck
Bailey Smith would be better. They’d still have two Bailey‘s left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back