List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
get rid of them!!! complete clean out of the cafe!!!

It's not the employees fault, they have the talent to be good employees. The reason they're not performing up to expectations is because of the manager and their cronies.

Need a complete clean out of the managerial staff. We should try and poach Hawthorn's Cafe managers imo. They get the best results.

Damien Barrett just went with Sydney may have some interest in Mason Cox

Honestly, if we are going towards a mini-rebuild...then Mason should be traded. He currently has some currency after a decent finals series, but is 30 so won't have any value at all shortly.

Your creativity is admirable despite its delusion.
If our players were so lacking in desire as you say, then none would have achieved AA status, nor would we need to struggle to retain them because no other team would be interested.
Nor would we see any passion on the field like that seen after the WC game nor would we win as many games.

So you need to put your creativity to work and find a new theory.

I’ll ask the question again. Why have we kept our gun players?
Are they too dumb to see the problems you say players rejecting us are seeing?

i told you it is a retirement home where players get big money....do you honestly believe the players think they are in the best list and the 4 flags in 80 years club is heading into a flag dynasty lol....i like you alot because your brain doesn't function right and i get a good laugh, see laughter is the spice of life...it is like when players arrive at the club they instantly turn into zombies....could you imagine a jonathan brown or a hodge or a selwood at the club lol....

Who we want out of Higgins, Jarrod Cameron or Bailey Laurie because we need to get one of em

I heard this, sounded pretty flimsy. Damo didnt sound very confident mentioning it.

Surely we have a stack more delisting/retirements to come?

Langdon basically hasn’t played footy for two years. His injuries seem chronic and likely to flare-up at any moment. He can no longer be relied upon. Let’s not turn it into another Ben Reid-like saga. Langdon takes up a list spot and significant $$$ but is unable to perform his duties. He seems a very smart and likeable guy, who will do very well, post-footy.

Appleby has been on our list for ages. If he was going to make it, he would have by now. Delist.

Experimental international/cross-over players - we have three on our list - Cox, Keane & Wilson. Atu could probably be described as a cross-over too. I reckon that’s too many list spots allocated to experiments. Two of Keane, Wilson and Atu should be delisted. Keep the one who shows the most promise.

Players who can’t kick the ball with length and penetration - we seem to love recruiting hard workers who can’t kick. Enough’s enough! Time to clear house of ball-butchers. Phillips, Wills and Cal Brown should all be put up for trade. Mayne should be told he won’t be playing seniors next year and let him decide if he wants to retire.

Aggressive list management is needed to create list spots and cap space to re-stock with some exciting youngsters and replace the current feeling of staleness with dynamism and renewal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just Beams retired and Langdon delisted to come.

i told you it is a retirement home where players get big money....do you honestly believe the players think they are in the best list and the 4 flags in 80 years club is heading into a flag dynasty lol....i like you alot because your brain doesn't function right and i get a good laugh, see laughter is the spice of life...it is like when players arrive at the club they instantly turn into zombies....could you imagine a jonathan brown or a hodge or a selwood at the club lol....

If you’re here just to talk to yourself then that’s not a problem, I’m happy to move along if your not capable of serious debate.

It’s all good.

Who we want out of Higgins, Jarrod Cameron or Bailey Laurie because we need to get one of em
Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you’re here just to talk to yourself then that’s not a problem, I’m happy to move along if your not capable of serious debate.

It’s all good.

i can't debate, i can only deliver lol.....debates are for weaklings who lack surety....i don't care if lots of folk want the club to remain hopeless, but i think the club will have to become professional....and so i am helping it lol

well i haven't checked the stats yet but i wouldn't think any of those players have played a better year individually and certainly they haven't together...

i am of the opinion that clubs should be giving everything to win flags because money to drive the game comes from somewhere, like fans....other clubs are building powerful teams, do you not think other clubs are improving their lists.....what is the point of just hovering around 2-14 if you aren't seriously going to win a flag....you believe a little tinkering and this list surely can win a flag but again that is pie in the sky stuff because when a flag doesn't arrive then you can just say it wasn't the right tinkering....it is not a bottom 6 team yet but can be quite quickly if more and more teams go past us.....the cap issues should be fixed by trading guys out like grundy and treloar because they will not bring a flag plus we can start repairing the cap and bring in young talent....yes it is the perfect time to go for a full rebuild now because the cap is stuffed, and the list is boring....so rebuild with skill, speed, flair, and structure so us true fans can feel excited and proud.....

' i am of the opinion that clubs should be giving everything to win flags because money to drive the game comes from somewhere ' I agree, I'm sure the club does too but they've completely botched the intent through incompetence.

Seems we disagree on the potential of the list, ok move on, but don't come on here read a couple of posts of mine lamenting the development and claim that's all I can see. Like I'm some sort of misinformed dullard. As the old saying goes 'be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth into gear'

And just to clear it up, if you would've read the whole thread you'll know I'm in favour of hitting the draft hard instead of trading in desperately for an unlikely flag tilt. Doesn't mean we aren't seriously lacking on the development side of things, that's what it looks like to me anyway. If I were a betting man it looks like the club is going to the desperate thing instead building for future.

When did they put you on the payroll?

i would refuse even if they offered because i have no respect for eddie, walsh, hine etc after what they have done to the club, they have basically taken over the biggest club in the land and nothing anyone can do....i seriously believe they are incompetent and useless....eddie seems a very smart guy....but he tried to run channel 9 and couldn't (huge job i know), he was or possibly still is the chairman og melbourne stars in bbl and despite all the talent in the list they always failed badly....22 or whatever years at collingwood for 1 flag that was nearly lost....can talk 02 and 03 but our list on paper was equivalent of a beaten up mini taking on a ferrari....and i see 2018 as a massive outlier fluke year where everything clicked and we shoulda won....i see eddie as a journalist and a very fast talker....i see him as only a glorified salesman with attributes to make an extremely successful conman if he so chose.....i could not be in a position where passionate people give money hoping for enjoyment only to feel like i was in a business of taking from them and giving basically nothing back....i think the club leaders should be ashamed and should take a good hard look at themselves...

' i am of the opinion that clubs should be giving everything to win flags because money to drive the game comes from somewhere ' I agree, I'm sure the club does too but they've completely botched the intent through incompetence.

Seems we disagree on the potential of the list, ok move on, but don't come on here read a couple of posts of mine lamenting the development and claim that's all I can see. Like I'm some sort of misinformed dullard. As the old saying goes 'be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth into gear'

And just to clear it up, if you would've read the whole thread you'll know I'm in favour of hitting the draft hard instead of trading in desperately for an unlikely flag tilt. Doesn't mean we aren't seriously lacking on the development side of things, that's what it looks like to me anyway. If I were a betting man it looks like the club is going to the desperate thing instead building for future.
I think you’re being way too harsh. You can only absorb so much in 19 days since joining.

Just Beams retired and Langdon delisted to come.
It surely has to be more than just the retirements of Beams and Langdon? List sizes are being reduced as a post-COVID cost-saving measure, so we need to cull some more to create space for draftees. At the very least, Appleby and Wills are surely gonzo? They've both been on the list for ages and offer little at senior level. And I hope we wouldn't stop there. Its time to get real about the limitations of those players in the back half of our list and do a proper clean-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back