List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about night he made Jono Brown cry the big tough man he was.

Can you refresh my memory? The only time I could find that the Anvil played against the Lions with J Brown he kicked 5.4?

I remember being in Brisbane in 2010 when they beat us and Brown and Fevola made me cry

We also did the opposite of what Richmond and Hawthorn were able to achieve. Use the premiership contention as a way to get a discount on salaries. We instead paid a premium to retain average players, that over-achieved getting us to the big dance.
Good observation and something I think about a lot. We didn't have the balls to let middling players who were replaceable walk for a pay day, we instead did everything to accommodate them to make sure they stayed. Too soft and it left us with at least a dozen overinflated contracts.

Good observation and something I think about a lot. We didn't have the balls to let middling players who were replaceable walk for a pay day, we instead did everything to accommodate them to make sure they stayed. Too soft and it left us with at least a dozen overinflated contracts.

A lot of the rhetoric that came out of our club at the time was about the individual - getting the best out of oneself, self development, individual responsibility, to be the best you can be, to achieve the best that you can, etc.. there wasn't much about the team or the group.

What about Clavarino for a cheapy key back? Out of contract. Anyone follow the Magoos and know how he's been developing? Looks like he hasn't put the weight on for 197cm, wonder if that's holding him back?

Carlton killing us on list management / salaries... so frustrating. If they land a decent coach, heaven help us.

How they can fit Walsh, Weitering, Cripps, Saad, McKay, Williams, Jones, Martin, Curnow, Curnow, Marchbank and all of their B grade midfielders into the cap, with space for Cerra... makes us look like absolute amateurs.

Probably cheating. Would not be the first time.

The other team that surprises me is Melbourne. Have been adding high paid recruits each season while maintaining their highly paid players (exception Hogan).

I reckon they've got Begg earmarked as a KPP not ruck.
Yeah I agree. He may be tried doing a bit of part time ruck but forward will be the main go. As a second rounder in the MSD he is very speculative. It would be a sensational pick up to get a senior KPF from there. KPF more than any player come from the top end of drafts.

Rucks and small forwards are more often picked up late. At 197cm he is too small for ruck unless he has great ability and athletic traits like a Ryder. Begg is more of a wing and prayer type selection which would be a great boost to our list if he made it. Problem for all our young KPP is they are mainly speculative and the one that isnt , Kelly, hasnt kicked on yet.

Yeah I agree. He may be tried doing a bit of part time ruck but forward will be the main go. As a second rounder in the MSD he is very speculative. It would be a sensational pick up to get a senior KPF from there. KPF more than any player come from the top end of drafts.

Rucks and small forwards are more often picked up late. At 197cm he is too small for ruck unless he has great ability and athletic traits like a Ryder. Begg is more of a wing and prayer type selection which would be a great boost to our list if he made it. Problem for all our young KPP is they are mainly speculative and the one that isnt, Kelly, hasnt kicked on yet.

Nah the guy’s just not that good. The dropped marks (I mean chest marks under zero pressure), lack of intensity and work rate are obvious signs, but the main take on here is injuries. He’s just a low end version of Reid with a similarly sweet kick and fragile body. He definitely gets next year, but it would be foolish to be putting any eggs into that basket long term.

Nah the guy’s just not that good. The dropped marks (I mean chest marks under zero pressure), lack of intensity and work rate are obvious signs, but the main take on here is injuries. He’s just a low end version of Reid with a similarly sweet kick and fragile body. He definitely gets next year, but it would be foolish to be putting any eggs into that basket long term.
I’m hesitant to make that call on Kelly yet, but to say he isn’t speculative is plain wrong. A KPP taken in the back half of the second round is still speculative. Maybe not to the extent of a rookie or late draft prospect, but Kelly isn’t, and has never been regarded as high end.

I’m hesitant to make that call on Kelly yet, but to say he isn’t speculative is plain wrong. A KPP taken in the back half of the second round is still speculative. Maybe not to the extent of a rookie or late draft prospect, but Kelly isn’t, and has never been regarded as high end.

100% the guy was absolutely a speculative selection and he’s still only 20. The thing is though he hasn’t shown anything yet regardless of injuries or otherwise and by late year 3 given his draft position he needs to show something early in 2022 to suggest he can make the grade. Youth, height and injuries aren’t justification for hope, IMO.

I'm agreeing with that. He is the most highly rated of our young KPP players but what i meant he has so far has shown very little to suggest he will be a player. McMahon also a similar pick in the draft but probably more speculative and too early to form any strong opinion on

Agreed, all KPF outside the top 20 or so are speculative because the hit rate is so low, still he is the most highly rated one we have re draft position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our last two premiership captains were far from silk.
Shaw always found a target despite his deficiencies and game plans weren't so disposal centric back then. Maxy wasn't a mid butchering 30 a week and we saw his silk when it counted, mark of the year and save of the year at the death in a GF.

Neither were silk.
Stop wriggling and accept it.
Neither played in an era of critical disposal, and Shaw and Maxwell never sucked the wind out of game with monotonous regularity like Adams, in the modern era you want silk not cotton. Remind me who won the Norm Smith in our last flag? Someone silky? Wriggle on that.

Last edited:
Carlton killing us on list management / salaries... so frustrating. If they land a decent coach, heaven help us.

How they can fit Walsh, Weitering, Cripps, Saad, McKay, Williams, Jones, Martin, Curnow, Curnow, Marchbank and all of their B grade midfielders into the cap, with space for Cerra... makes us look like absolute amateurs.

LOL Carlton.

Daniel Talia not offered a new contract by the Crows.

Cheap key defensive option?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ahhhh that will be the long history of reporting rumours, and stuff she just made up, as fact. That gets old really quickly, and people have long memories because they’re passionate about their footy teams.

Ok fair enough.. I guess from what little I’ve seen, she seemed to have a fair idea in draft/trade situations, particularly in relation to Collingwood.

I’ll go with wiser heads on this one.. Her webpage and draft profiles are quite good though!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Crows have delisted Daniel Talia.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There's a reason why a 29 year old 2 x All Australian KPD doesn't get offered a new contract with a bottom 8 team.

He's unfortunately cooked.

There's a reason why a 29 year old 2 x All Australian KPD doesn't get offered a new contract with a bottom 8 team.

He's unfortunately cooked.

I do believe we need “cheap” defensive cover. Talia may not be that player but we certainly need a mature but also cheap player.

I don’t believe Tohill and Keane have the ”luck of the Irish”.

At 29 still has footy in him. I reckon he's worth considering. We don't have a lot of KPD depth and he'd be pushing the best 22. Would be better than playing Madgen as KPD.

I do believe we need “cheap” defensive cover. Talia may not be that player but we certainly need a mature but also cheap player.

I don’t believe Tohill and Keane have the ”luck of the Irish”.

I completely agree with you there.
Neither Keane or Tohill will make it.

The answer was Sam Collins 12 months ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back