List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time the kids come through (a glut of talent 17-22, basically everyone between the ages of the 2 Diacos brothers) even Maynard, Moore and De Goey will be past their prime, let alone the older ones, Grundy Crisp and Adams. Need a way to fill the hole.

Imagine he’s the player we tipped out though....I reckon the club will be burned to the ground

Won't ever happen. He'll go on his terms.

By the time the kids come through (a glut of talent 17-22, basically everyone between the ages of the 2 Diacos brothers) even Maynard, Moore and De Goey will be past their prime, let alone the older ones, Grundy Crisp and Adams. Need a way to fill the hole.

Then we'll have some quality role players supporting our emerging talent.

Then we'll have some quality role players supporting our emerging talent.
Most of the fans will have died of old age by then but of course you are right, we have an entire team of 22 under 22:

Ruscoe Tohill Quaynor
Murphy Keane Poulter

Lynch McInnes Daicos
Macrea Bianco Daicos

McMahon Kelly Henry
McCreery Begg Y Dib

Ginnivan T Brown Rantall Chugg

Sub:
Faye

Ave Age 20.1 yrs

Last edited:
Big call on Steele AA this year. Not even sure he'll make the 40 man squad let alone keep Macrae, Bont, Wines, Petracca, Oliver, Walsh, Parish, McCluggage, Libba or Miller (just off the top of my head, not even a comprehensive list) out of the final 22.
Are you serious? Steele is an absolute lock for best 22 AA hahaha surely you are joking

Clubs awaiting a coach until the sign everyone for cap. Didn't read that?

Yea but you would think the captain of the club would have signed by now. I’m sure it’ll get done. Just interesting that it’s not done yet.

I think he's been taking a shave each contract renewal for the last couple so I don't doubt he'll do so again. Still be pretty well remunerated though. Not sure why people would expect him to play for minimum chips.

Fair enough. That’s your opinion. My opinion is that he’s probably earned enough money over his career, it’s timed for us to put him on the Ben Reid deals. If we have such a tight salary squeeze, we can’t have the captain asking for 600k.

Crows throwing the baby out with the bath water by dumping Talia.

At only 29 has a bit left in the legs.

But he’s only a year younger than Roughead. Can’t see the point. We need to stop topping up our key defence with players in their late 20s and start thinking long term.

talia will be a good pickup but not for us.

as for Lynch…. His career is done. Huge pass.

I agree but Squads win flags not best 22. Madge is a handy stop gap player on low $. Every club has them and needs them.

Even looking at our Premiership teams there have been foot soldiers, some of them Magden has covered.

Unsure why he is marked so harshly has had a solid year and good team man.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even looking at our Premiership teams there have been foot soldiers, some of them Magden has covered.

Unsure why he is marked so harshly has had a solid year and good team man.

it’s because he’s a bit old fashioned in game style and appearance. He’s an easy target for trolls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans turned it around quickly, don’t think our rebound will take that long. I feel we can challenge for finals in 2023.

Most of the fans will have died of old age by then but of course you are right, we have an entire team of 22 under 22:

Ruscoe Tohill Quaynor
Murphy Keane Poulter

Lynch McInnes Daicos
Macrea Bianco Daicos

McMahon Kelly Henry
McCreery Begg Y Dib

Ginnivan T Brown Rantall Chugg

Sub:
Faye

Ave Age 20.1 yrs

I’m hoping we do recruit some players during this time, although looking at the below, it won’t be any high profile players?

“If your building they will come” or won’t?

IMG_5929.JPG

My opinion is we are getting carried away with the idea the club has a glut of young talent. Our last 2 drafts look promising off an average to poor range of picks but probably lack real star power overall but the 4 drafts before that are a disaster.

Josh Daicos and IQ are really the only solid players we have to show for drafts 2015, 16, 17 and 18. Noble and Cameron who are in that age group are the only others who can stake a claim to being top 22. Our kids of 2019-20 drafts have outperformed so far and shown real promise as having a number who can become best 22 payers but its still a group light on for class compared to a lot of our rivals.

Off the top of my head the young talent at Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Freo, GC, GWS, PA, Dogs and Sydney stands head and shoulders above ours. Teams like Melbourne, NM, Saints, Adelaide and hawks are at least as good. We are down the bottom end of the table for young talent. We desperately need Nick D to be the player he threatens to be and we need to nail some high end talent in the next couple of drafts after that to be anywhere near back in contention

Steele will be AA this year and win his second bnf. And he is 2 years younger minus the battered body.

Are you saying Taylor is more of an elite mid than Jack Steele?
Not so sure about the battered body call, and Adams could well have been in AA contention this year without injury, although that falls in to the realms of speculation. No I’m not saying Adams is better than Steele, but I feel like you’re underselling Adams to support your POV. He’s currently our most important mid imo, and we’re significantly poorer at stoppages when he’s not in the side.

I've never seen someone consistently get so many things wrong over such a long period of time. Convinced people in the know keep feeding her bad mail for a laugh and she keeps running with it. Otherwise by just by sheer volume she'd get one right eventually.
To be fair she’s had some ok mail about draftees in the past, when she was commentating on TAC cup games, (no idea if she still does that) but her calls re: contracts of AFL listed players are always speculative, 3rd hand type info and rarely correct.

Crows throwing the baby out with the bath water by dumping Talia.

At only 29 has a bit left in the legs.

But he’s only a year younger than Roughead. Can’t see the point. We need to stop topping up our key defence with players in their late 20s and start thinking long term.

talia will be a good pickup but not for us.

as for Lynch…. His career is done. Huge pass.
Dogs should have a look at him

My opinion is we are getting carried away with the idea the club has a glut of young talent. Our last 2 drafts look promising off an average to poor range of picks but probably lack real star power overall but the 4 drafts before that are a disaster.

Josh Daicos and IQ are really the only solid players we have to show for drafts 2015, 16, 17 and 18. Noble and Cameron who are in that age group are the only others who can stake a claim to being top 22. Our kids of 2019-20 drafts have outperformed so far and shown real promise as having a number who can become best 22 payers but its still a group light on for class compared to a lot of our rivals.

Off the top of my head the young talent at Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Freo, GC, GWS, PA, Dogs and Sydney stands head and shoulders above ours. Teams like Melbourne, NM, Saints, Adelaide and hawks are at least as good. We are down the bottom end of the table for young talent. We desperately need Nick D to be the player he threatens to be and we need to nail some high end talent in the next couple of drafts after that to be anywhere near back in contention
Teams like Carlton and GC have more earlier picks for a decade, but at AFL level application, professionalism and coachability IMHO are important "talents" that many overlook as the game is 80% mental.

Give me Licuria, N.Maxwell, BennyJohnson types over the more "talented" SPS, Setterfield and L.O'Brien types every single time.

And that is why guys like Mayne are important for list dynamics as they can show the kids what it takes to make it at AFL level, "talent" alone doesn't cut it.

Teams like Carlton and GC have more earlier picks for a decade, but at AFL level application, professionalism and coachability IMHO are important "talents" that many overlook as the game is 80% mental.

Give me Licuria, N.Maxwell, BennyJohnson types over the more "talented" SPS, Setterfield and L.O'Brien types every single time.

And that is why guys like Mayne are important for list dynamics as they can show the kids what it takes to make it at AFL level, "talent" alone doesn't cut it.

absolutely. You can stuff up with good access to talent. Thanks to Carlton for being the perfect example for 2 decades.

We have some building blocks but most clubs have better than ours. We face a big task to get up to the 8 and it will take planning and development of the talent we get. I get a feeling though that there is an idea we are pretty close. I don’t think we are, need a long haul approach.

Commentators will sing the praises of our kids, build up hopes but are not even accountable a week later. I reckon avoid the outside noise and see what’s really happening. Our young talent is average at best and we need patience and no quick fixes.

absolutely. You can stuff up with good access to talent. Thanks to Carlton for being the perfect example for 2 decades.

We have some building blocks but most clubs have better than ours. We face a big task to get up to the 8 and it will take planning and development of the talent we get. I get a feeling though that there is an idea we are pretty close. I don’t think we are, need a long haul approach.

Commentators will sing the praises of our kids, build up hopes but are not even accountable a week later. I reckon avoid the outside noise and see what’s really happening. Our young talent is average at best and we need patience and no quick fixes.
This is all part of Graham Wrights 3-5 year plan (bringing in more young talent).
Part of that was the senior coach review…for next 3-5 years.
They wanted a clean slate to continue the rebuild.
So, Bucks had to be replaced…clear air for fresh restart.
Doubt we will be chasing any big fish for sometime.
Next 2 years, pump in more youth talent.
Then start adding the missing pieces via F.A or trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back