List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Adams has only 1 AA, which is why you don’t rate him as high as Steele, who’s also only had 1 AA.

…..makes sense I guess?
Steele will be AA this year and win his second bnf. And he is 2 years younger minus the battered body.

Are you saying Taylor is more of an elite mid than Jack Steele?

Imagine we can’t sign up Scott Pendlebury in a similar fashion to Messi departing Barca...
Wouldnt that be something

I guess there is 2 schools of thought with players like Talia and Lynch being let go by a team like Adelaide. Firstly, they're cooked, and secondly that they're still able to contribute but the team is in a rebuild and that contribution needs to be weighed against developing the long term options in their positions.

It's that 2nd scenario I think we're in in terms of chasing these types. Personally, given where our list is at, I'd rather we go to the draft.
I just think smart footballers who run or present all day - like Lynch - are seriously underrated. He doesn't do anything particularly good, but his running creates uncontested marks, turns one on ones into two on ones and one on twos into two on twos.

Steele will be AA this year and win his second bnf. And he is 2 years younger minus the battered body.

Are you saying Taylor is more of an elite mid than Jack Steele?

Big call on Steele AA this year. Not even sure he'll make the 40 man squad let alone keep Macrae, Bont, Wines, Petracca, Oliver, Walsh, Parish, McCluggage, Libba or Miller (just off the top of my head, not even a comprehensive list) out of the final 22.

Imagine we can’t sign up Scott Pendlebury in a similar fashion to Messi departing Barca...
Wouldnt that be something

I think he'd stay for 1/2 of the 1/2 of Messi's salary that Messi was willing to stay for.

I just think smart footballers who run or present all day - like Lynch - are seriously underrated. He doesn't do anything particularly good, but his running creates uncontested marks, turns one on ones into two on ones and one on twos into two on twos.

I'd rather see players like Henry get those opportunities, and look to see what a guy like Johnson might offer, because I'm not sure Lynch has too much of that left in him. Turns 31 in September and his output has been on the wane since 2019.

Interesting about Pendles. He should sign for the bear minimum. He’s been handsomely paid for close to a decade.

I think he's been taking a shave each contract renewal for the last couple so I don't doubt he'll do so again. Still be pretty well remunerated though. Not sure why people would expect him to play for minimum chips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather see players like Henry get those opportunities, and look to see what a guy like Johnson might offer, because I'm not sure Lynch has too much of that left in him. Turns 31 in September and his output has been on the wane since 2019.
I don't disagree with that at all. But I'm a bit more optimistic about the next 3 years than most are and I think a fit Lynch would make us a fair bit better over that time frame.

Big call on Steele AA this year. Not even sure he'll make the 40 man squad let alone keep Macrae, Bont, Wines, Petracca, Oliver, Walsh, Parish, McCluggage, Libba or Miller (just off the top of my head, not even a comprehensive list) out of the final 22.
Not that big a call. He's 6th in the coaches award so he's up there and will most likely make it.

Going back to my initial response to other post, we have no elite midfielders as it stands.

I reckon checkers would struggle on the back line now...and why move him ??

Snags about 30 a year

The logic would be that if we land a proper key forward but are struggling for key defenders then Checkers would be the choice to switch.

You might be right though.

I don't disagree with that at all. But I'm a bit more optimistic about the next 3 years than most are and I think a fit Lynch would make us a fair bit better over that time frame.
He'll be 31 in Sept and has played 17, 16, 13 then 10 games over last 4 years. His body is clearly not up to it any longer. Doesn't appear to be a risk worth taking.

I’m shocked that Paige might have been wrong….

I've never seen someone consistently get so many things wrong over such a long period of time. Convinced people in the know keep feeding her bad mail for a laugh and she keeps running with it. Otherwise by just by sheer volume she'd get one right eventually.

I'm very optimistic about how quickly we'll bounce. But I'm happy to do that off the development of our inexperienced players.

He'll be 31 in Sept and has played 17, 16, 13 then 10 games over last 4 years. His body is clearly not up to it any longer. Doesn't appear to be a risk worth taking.

Especially when he’d deny someone else that list spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back