List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this might get up the noses of a few people here but should we look at putting Short on the trade table?
Apparently there is abit of a margin between what we are prepared to pay him and what his manager wants.
My reasoning is quite simple.We won a flag without him,We may very well win a flag with him.However his role imo is the easiest to fill in our side.He has currency and on current form and if things go right in Sept we could get a top 10 pick for him.
I think the need to start looking for young quality Mids is upon us.
Thoughts?
Wash your mouth out with soap
Terrible thought trading shortyy

No way
Shorts kicking is elite and is our Houli replacement
Shai looking more and more like a very good outside mid
Both keepers
Cerra fills our biggest hole in our list and looks like being a star

On Future Stars Boomer Harvey said he thinks he is worth 500 a year and 15 clubs would be prepared to pay him that. I don’t think he is quite worth that but agree that he will be able to get a lot more elsewhere as could a lot of our players. Going to be an interesting off season for us which is a good thing. The fact that our depth is in demand and players will have to take less to stay shows how far we have come as a club.

id be trying to hold onto Short almost at all costs.

Houli isnt getting any younger, Short is already proving to be his perfect replacement.

those metres gained don't just grow on trees!
I expect the cost of retaining him might be delisting 1 or both of grigg or houli . Sadly there’s often a price to pay and both these guys have at least 12m decent footy left

On Future Stars Boomer Harvey said he thinks he is worth 500 a year and 15 clubs would be prepared to pay him that. I don’t think he is quite worth that but agree that he will be able to get a lot more elsewhere as could a lot of our players. Going to be an interesting off season for us which is a good thing. The fact that our depth is in demand and players will have to take less to stay shows how far we have come as a club.
Contending clubs wouldn’t pay him that
Blues
Saints
Possibly NM would
It’s a clear decision , 100k more a year to play in a shit side or stay for a career in the premiership window

Cerra fills our biggest hole in our list and looks like being a star
Short and Bolton to high a price to pay though we are in the premiership window now and need 3 and 4 year players who are ready to fill the void. Depth is vital if you are going to have a crack at winning multiple flags so imo don’t throw away what you’ve worked years to develop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess it would depend if we lost menadue and markov too. Otherwise we'd be bare for hbfs
Agree mate.

I love shorty but we can cover a hbf

Cerra is a gun and will be a beast inside mid.

Markov is the one I’d keep , menadue and cellis likely trades . Don’t forget we got Naish coming through , should be on cusp with another pre season under the belt
Markov is the last of those that I'd keep.

Menadue coming along very nicely.

Now this might get up the noses of a few people here but should we look at putting Short on the trade table?
Apparently there is abit of a margin between what we are prepared to pay him and what his manager wants.
My reasoning is quite simple.We won a flag without him,We may very well win a flag with him.However his role imo is the easiest to fill in our side.He has currency and on current form and if things go right in Sept we could get a top 10 pick for him.
I think the need to start looking for young quality Mids is upon us.
Thoughts?
This is pure madness. In recent times whenever Houli was out or tagged we struggled for run out of the backline, Short is the reason that hasn't been the case this yr.

The knock is that on exposed form at afl this year his performance is behind what we saw 12m ago , we can make a decision on that , markov I would expect we would be undecided as there is limited form to evaluate

I agree we didn't see that run and dash,but don't forget him and Markov missed alot of preseason due to recovery from operations both didn't feature in preseason games been playing catch-up.Were do people see Markov best position? .

Do people realise we could be trading for draft players this year?

Ignoring free agents that might come our way we could easily trade a draft pick say 18:)D:D) for a better first round pick say(North Melbourne or the Swans who are chasing academy/father sons) to get the players we target.

People need to remember we have such terrific youngsters coming through via the draft the club needs to bolster our list with more youth and its not just experience since a lot of our players already have premiership experience!!

Its not hard to see Richmond contending for a premiership in 10 years time for example after the likes of Rance and Cotch have retired if they retire by then!! People need to bear in mind we have been reasonable successful in the draft in recent times to!!

Anybody thinking about trading Menadue needs their head read, When drafted 4 years was the time line on when he would be ready and this year the kid is showing at VFL level that he is developing exactly as predicted. Give him another 12 months and he will be doing this at Afl level and is a big upgrade on some currently playing McIntosh,Bellis.

Personally i think both Bolton & Short will stay and sign - They just need the sweet nothings whispered in their ear and these players will see there is a place in the best 22 for them when they are ready and if they are impatient and move they will be playing for a team like North or Carlton with nothing to show for their careers when finished.

This Lynch thing could be a great deal but at the same time become a massive burden,Hope Balmey and list management people value him for what he is worth rather than the Hype or Potential and dont make it a dick measuring contest between Hawks/Pies and us.

If Dangerfield can come to Cats for $800k then Lynch should be on similar
Give him what ever side deals that are required but try to hold the band together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back