List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond really do have a big asset in Bachar Houli , Now im just plucking this from my rear but i could honestly see the following Scenario happening

Bachar Houli would sign a 2 year deal for $100k a year to help the tigers get things done
Bachar will be a part of the club for many years to come so there will be ' Other avenues for future earnings'

Are you saying there is no veteran allowance now?

Houli loves our club and alot of his family are members to.He knows were he is at with his footy both him and Grigg.
Agree with the sentiments re Houli but considering hes so close and his family is so close with RFC maybe we shouldnt low ball him?

Unless he comes out and says something first obviously.

Agree with the sentiments re Houli but considering hes so close and his family is so close with RFC maybe we shouldnt low ball him?

No doubt mate I mean he's such a club man as all would have seen aslong as it's fair and reasonable.

Wouldn't call it low balling, Consider it delayed payment

Our multicultural ambassador on $250k a year post retirment

Take this how you will. Had dinner tonight with a good friend who is quite senior in the media. Reckons Tiges have been in the ear of a very good midfielder from up north, who is very gettable (there’s a good reason he wants to return to VIC, but I won’t go into detail here). I’m not comfortable dropping names just yet, but could be a contingency if Lynch falls through (as would demand a high salary). Very, very good midfielder though, would almost prefer him over Lynch...

Take this how you will. Had dinner tonight with a good friend who is quite senior in the media. Reckons Tiges have been in the ear of a very good midfielder from up north, who is very gettable (there’s a good reason he wants to return to VIC, but I won’t go into detail here). I’m not comfortable dropping names just yet, but could be a contingency if Lynch falls through (as would demand a high salary). Very, very good midfielder though, would almost prefer him over Lynch...
D.Beams is the only player up north that falls into that bracket

Beams??

Ohh, so u had dinner with Hutchy. Hope he paid the bill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams would be a great acquisition, but he's 29 at the start of next season. Sure, we're in our window right now but I'm not sure he's what we need. I'll have David Swallow from the GC, however.

Beams would be a great acquisition, but he's 29 at the start of next season. Sure, we're in our window right now but I'm not sure he's what we need. I'll have David Swallow from the GC, however.
Beams any day of the week over Swallow.
Still has at least 3 good years left and can play forward along with Martin and Caddy.

Midfielders that can kick multiple goals... Yes Please

This is the point, he is not worth that just yet. Maybe his next contract but not this 1.
Unfortunately he’s worth what someone will pay him. I’m not sure how many clubs need an attacking half back, but he’s definitely up with the best and if a club needs his sort they’d be idiots to at least not investigate the opportunity.

Quality source from Sorrento is that Toms preference is us and will be nominating us.

I personally dont think we can get it done money wise. Id hate to loose Short and Houli in particular.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Whether we can do it or not is irrelevant. If he nominates us Richmond will have to make it happen. Richmond wouldn’t have flagged their interest in Lynch if they couldn’t do it.

The last thing Richmond wants is to get a reputation for reneging (is that the word?) on agreements with players and their managers.

Wouldn't call it low balling, Consider it delayed payment

Our multicultural ambassador on $250k a year post retirment

Yep

Balmey: bachar we want you to stay but we need you to play for min contract as we want to keep the band together, however we will continue to grow promote and fund your academy, to which you will pull a substantial wage from for the next 10 yrs that will more then make up the short fall.

Bachar: pass me the pen

Yep

Balmey: bachar we want you to stay but we need you to play for min contract as we want to keep the band together, however we will continue to grow promote and fund your academy, to which you will pull a substantial wage from for the next 10 yrs that will more then make up the short fall.

Bachar: pass me the pen
It’s happening at Geelong now ,Scarlet,Enright and Mackie all have jobs in their footy department .

No it can’t to the level he launches off HB with clinical precision , Ellis , vlas grimes are nothing like him , not at all
Clinical precision?
3 times on Friday night he just bombed into our fwd line instead of lowering his eyes.He's a short version of Grigg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back