List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i hear comments like the player owes the club for selecting them in the draft at picks #1 - #30 i think to myself he doesnt owe them Sh!t as the player was getting selected on his talents by another club anyway.

But when a player gets selected by a club as a Rookie and gets given 3 years of development and gifted games early on and been paid to be in a elite environment when it was extremely unlikely he would have been selected by another club and could have been playing VFL/WAFL/SANFL for 4/5 years and maybe never becoming the player he is now. He Owes the Club

Jayden Short - You Owe Richmond

Not to mention he's been a good player for 5 minutes.

Sign for 2 years now on an increased and fair contract then start making demands for more money but **** me now is waaaay to premature.

I owe my Dad ten bucks because he said Son here is 10 bucks spend it wisely or you gotta pay me 10 back.
I said You Ripper Dad and I ran off to the School Fete. I wandered around all day, just umm-ing and ah-ing. I was going to buy a giant slurpee and stick my dick in it behind the Servo. I would then have a few coins to put under my Forey for next time.
I went back for one last lap of the School Fete. I saw a cool sign outside a tent in the bushes behind the oval. 10 Bucks For the Time Of Your Life. It seemed like a real good deal and Dad would be proud. I gave a strange man standing at the tent 10 Bucks. He said Go in Champ you are in for a real treat. I walked in it was very dark and smelled like Shit. It was a small tent and I felt scared. The man outside said Sorry Champ here's your torch! I pointed the torch inside the tent and there was an Old man lying naked on the ground covered in Shit making strange noises. He had also pissed all over himself. I did a little vomit in my mouth. I said Thanks Fellas! and I ran home.
When i got home I said Dad! I spent my 10 Bucks! He said - On what son? I said I went into a tent and there was a naked man covered in shit and piss.
He said Look Son that sounds awesome and Im Bloody proud of ya but I need that 10 bucks back. I need to get a cleaner I defecated on the bathroom floor.

I owe my Dad ten bucks because he said Son here is 10 bucks spend it wisely or you gotta pay me 10 back.
I said You Ripper Dad and I ran off to the School Fete. I wandered around all day, just umm-ing and ah-ing. I was going to buy a giant slurpee and stick my dick in it behind the Servo. I would then have a few coins to put under my Forey for next time.
I went back for one last lap of the School Fete. I saw a cool sign outside a tent in the bushes behind the oval. 10 Bucks For the Time Of Your Life. It seemed like a real good deal and Dad would be proud. I gave a strange man standing at the tent 10 Bucks. He said Go in Champ you are in for a real treat. I walked in it was very dark and smelled like Shit. It was a small tent and I felt scared. The man outside said Sorry Champ here's your torch! I pointed the torch inside the tent and there was an Old man lying naked on the ground covered in Shit making strange noises. He had also pissed all over himself. I did a little vomit in my mouth. I said Thanks Fellas! and I ran home.
When i got home I said Dad! I spent my 10 Bucks! He said - On what son? I said I went into a tent and there was a naked man covered in shit and piss.
He said Look Son that sounds awesome and Im Bloody proud of ya but I need that 10 bucks back. I need to get a cleaner I defecated on the bathroom floor.
dont think you've found love

Who else can do Shorts role as well as he does? Houli won't be around forever & Short is just getting started. To let Shorty go would be pure stupidity!
We are such a well oiled machine down back.My granny could star.

Fair enough but i'm in the flea's camp here a bit.He's great with mtrs gained etc but his kicking isn't as elite as some make it out to be.If a club comes asking we should consider.

I concur. It depends on what we could get. A second rounder yes. A third rounder, maybe. Need to leave all options on table. There’s about 10 blokes on the list that are untouchables but everyone else, see what comes up.

I think we need to buy back into this draft so it might mean some players need to be put up for trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is but the you should get a discount for staying at clubs and i think the mega offer from the roos is the outlier. As a poster said if its ok for danger to take $800k then why is it no for dusty or Lynch?

It might be because Dangerfield stated it was the cats only. Other clubs dropped out. Dangerfield as a RFA was content with what they were offering. Probably with some outside earning capacity.
Dusty and Lynch had/have multiple suitors offering mega $s. Dusty was a RFA, he held the power.
The market usually determines the cost. But still Dusty knocked back a shitload to stay. But still had outside earning capacity to make up the "shortfall".
I've got no problem with players, especially the top echelon getting a fair quid. They're the draw cards. Maybe the afl should allow each club to have a marquee player paid outside the cap. With a limit to the maximum they can be paid. Similar to the NSL.
That would also put an end to the afl "ambassadorships". I'd like to know what the likes of Pendlebury do to earn that. He's supposedly the highest paid "ambassador" the afl pay. Probably just to keep Eddie onside. How is that any different a rort than COLA. I'm betting not every club is unable to access that from the afl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might be because Dangerfield stated it was the cats only. Other clubs dropped out. Dangerfield as a RFA was content with what they were offering. Probably with some outside earning capacity.
Dusty and Lynch had/have multiple suitors offering mega $s. Dusty was a RFA, he held the power.
The market usually determines the cost. But still Dusty knocked back a shitload to stay. But still had outside earning capacity to make up the "shortfall".
I've got no problem with players, especially the top echelon getting a fair quid. They're the draw cards. Maybe the afl should allow each club to have a marquee player paid outside the cap. With a limit to the maximum they can be paid. Similar to the NSL.
That would also put an end to the afl "ambassadorships". I'd like to know what the likes of Pendlebury do to earn that. He's supposedly the highest paid "ambassador" the afl pay. Probably just to keep Eddie onside. How is that any different a rort than COLA. I'm betting not every club is unable to access that from the afl
Yeah i understand this, but dusty only really had to agree with us on a price, and frankly imo a million is enough coin. Lynch is different in that you have to generally over pay to get players.

He is but the you should get a discount for staying at clubs and i think the mega offer from the roos is the outlier. As a poster said if its ok for danger to take $800k then why is it no for dusty or Lynch?
Coz he's dusty and he won us a flag after a 37 year wait.

2m a year would have been a bargain.

It's all bonus stuff now...I can die a happy man.

*Not that I want to die - another flag would be nice.

Danger and Lynch can only dream about it at the moment, though Lynch may be closer than he realizes eh ;)?

Or maybe he does..

Coz he's dusty and he won us a flag after a 37 year wait.

2m a year would have been a bargain.

It's all bonus stuff now...I can die a happy man.

*Not that I want to die - another flag would be nice.

Danger and Lynch can only dream about it at the moment, though Lynch may be closer than he realizes eh ;)?

Or maybe he does..
I am the same im 46y/o and seen way to many shit teams for us, and want this run to go for as long as possible. I just think 1.1m is the same as 1m for players on that coin.

Yeah i understand this, but dusty only really had to agree with us on a price, and frankly imo a million is enough coin. Lynch is different in that you have to generally over pay to get players.

In an ideal world maybe.
But the figure given was $1.1m pa. now whether that included the Puma bonus or not we'll probably never know. Or whether the Puma bonus was on top of the $1.1m or whether it was (hypothetical) "900k from the club and $300k from Puma or whatever the figure was or how it was structured.
Maybe Balmey had some inside info on Pendlebury's sweetheart "afl ambassadorship" and that's why they approved the Puma deal. There's a lot of machinations that take place that are never put in the public eye.

Meanwhile I reckon Dusty was eventually no worse off financially when he knocked @#lolnorfs offer back with all the memorabilia he got a cut of. Good on him.
Ya never know, with the $millions he'll make, maybe he'll throw a free year in :D

I am the same im 46y/o and seen way to many shit teams for us, and want this run to go for as long as possible. I just think 1.1m is the same as 1m for players on that coin.
But dusty is...dusty, you know?

And he's a long term tiger - can't complain.

The salary cap creates a strange situation.
It's a team game and our close-knittedness ( that's a real word, **** you) was instrumental in us winning a premiership.
But contracts have such an element of selfishness about them. If you force the club to pay you $200 000 more than they were planning, that's 4 players who don't get their extra $50 000 that was planned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back