List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

:p

1st round pick yeah. This GWS player actually has a premiership medallion hanging off his neck.

Yes he does and well deserved. If you get lynch he might get squeezed re coin offer. Not sure what he’s worth but he got a medal. To play out I guess .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes he does and well deserved. If you get lynch he might get squeezed re coin offer. Not sure what he’s worth but he got a medal. To play out I guess .

Offer him decent coin and I doubt we stop him to be honest. If there arent any decent offers we will keep him on our list for 1 year at a time at bare minimum $$$.

Jesus. Guess he will look for a good contract coz he’s worth more. He’s a good forward.

He was just about looking for a Carpentry apprenticeship this last year. If someone offers him the same or more we wont stop him.

Just on the comparative benefits of players one needs to consider the opportunity cost. If RFC lets Townsend go they have to have another player on the list. This other player has to get paid even if it is the minimum on a 2 year draftee rate. So you potentially have a draftee versus Townsend who could contribute to a premiership.

It depends on the draftees/and or other value players you bring in versus the input/output of the player one lets go one would imagine.

So it comes down to marginal benefits versus marginal costs over a period thats relevant which goes beyond one year even if we are talking about a one year contract. So it might be advantageous for RFC to give Townsend a slight top up just to keep him for what he brings for another year bearing in mind Townsend may want another permiership and so forth/ his durability and potential to get another contract from RFC and/or another club one year later

Just on the comparative benefits of players one needs to consider the opportunity cost. If RFC lets Townsend go they have to have another player on the list. This other player has to get paid even if it is the minimum on a 2 year draftee rate. So you potentially have a draftee versus Townsend who could contribute to a premiership.

It depends on the draftees/and or other value players you bring in versus the input/output of the player one lets go one would imagine.

So it comes down to marginal benefits versus marginal costs over a period thats relevant which goes beyond one year even if we are talking about a one year contract. So it might be advantageous for RFC to give Townsend a slight top up just to keep him for what he brings for another year bearing in mind Townsend may want another permiership and so forth/ his durability and potential to get another contract from RFC and/or another club one year later

Sorry I’m still here Good post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I’m still here Good post.

Well it might be in RFC's interest to keep townsend with a 10-30K top up for a year than pay another 200K for a player or players for a number of years were the comparative benefit is debatable if suitable substitutes and alternative options via FA or whatever in oncoming years are available.

With salary cap becoming more relevant for RFC it makes sense either way for RFC to invest in better draft picks because its a way of locking in higher talent at subsidised rates even if temporary for a couple of years to help balance out other more costly acquisitions/player retention scenarios

I am not sure the relative value of players currency wise as I am simply a distant observer. However, If CFC offered Townsend 400K a year and he accepted it I think RFC probably would wish him all the best.

What would CFC offer RFC in terms of compo to RFC for taking Townsend?

Mid season trading is just shit.
Exactly. Everyone forgets that there used to be a mid-season trade period. They forget because because nobody ever utilised it. Was scrapped and rightly so.
Mid-season draft I could accept, with players not on AFL lists available.

I am not sure the relative value of players currency wise as I am simply a distant observer. However, If CFC offered Townsend 400K a year and he accepted it I think RFC probably would wish him all the best.

What would CFC offer RFC in terms of compo to RFC for taking Townsend?

Great question magic . Realistically what do you want . second rounder considering you are kinda pushing him out the door ?

Great question magic . Realistically what do you want . second rounder considering you are kinda pushing him out the door ?

Honestly, if Carlton offered him 2 years and he wanted to take it, I'd say we'd get him there for a 3rd or 4th rounder. He'll only be offered 1 year at best from RFC.
The feeling is that the club want him there but they want him to re-find his form from late last year. If not, maybe he tries his luck elsewhere.

Honestly, if Carlton offered him 2 years and he wanted to take it, I'd say we'd get him there for a 3rd or 4th rounder. He'll only be offered 1 year at best from RFC.
The feeling is that the club want him there but they want him to re-find his form from late last year. If not, maybe he tries his luck elsewhere.

Carlton should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back