Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting rid of Crameri is a mistake imo

Of course it is, but there is no option left unless someone gives up their place on the list. Or if he isn't picked up the delisted free agent market, redraft him with pick 82

Morris Adams Wood
Biggs Cordy Johannisen
Hunter Bontempelli Macrae
Daniel Picken Suckling
McLean Boyd Dale
Trengove Liberatore Wallis
Dahlhaus Williams Dunkley Lipinski

Do people see any chance of us delisting Crameri and then getting him back as a rookie? It seems unlikely but would be as good an outcome as we can hope for imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a crazy idea, but is there any chance of negotiating a contract buyout with Cloke over the next 24 hours that we're willing to pay him a bit more to make him happen, relative to what we were willing to pay earlier in the trade period?

Say Cloke is on $250k. We can sign Crameri for $150k new year. If we have $50k cap room say by some hard negotiation on Schache (Brisbane is paying $50k of his salary this year that wasn't going to be the case yesterday), that means we can go to Cloke: "Hey mate, I know you wanna play footy, but look we've now got Schache, the chance of you getting a game is a lot lower now, we're willing to pay you $150k of your guaranteed $250k and you can retire and play local footy and do whatever you want? Maybe we only had the cap room previously to buy him out $100k, but he wasn't willing to do it earlier in the year, but he would do it for $150k now.

Means that we can still promote Roarke Smith (meaning that we don't run the risk of another club taking him with their last pick in the national draft before we can re-rookie him), we get to keep Crameri, and we don't have Cloke on our list, who lets face it will only be getting games next year if at least 2 or 3 of Roughead, Boyd, Schache and Redpath are not fit.

Or we just delist Cloke and pay him as a forward coach next year?

FWIW, Stringer is an old looking 23. Jesus, it's taken a toll. Ah well, screw him (pardon the pun).

Wanted to get more for Stringer, think he will haunt us the next 10 years, but understand for whatever the reason the club wanted him gone. We could potentially be made to look quite silly

The Carlton trade... we got smashed there. 25&30 for 16 was fair, swapping pick 40 for our 2018 R2. If it was a R3 I could have lived with it, but we paid too much (compare this trade with the similar trade we did with them 2 years ago, we got reamed)

We won the Schache trade.

Hard to know how to feel.

If find it frustrating, this time 12 months ago i thought we were about to have the most successful period in the clubs history.

Now it feels like we haven taken quite a few steps back and we are back with the pack.

We are now relying on two high drafted forwards who are yet to live up to expectations.

Not quite sure how that happened but I hope I’m wrong

So before trading in Schache people were saying we'd be fine and back up there despite no stringer.. trade in Schache and we took multiple steps backwards and are now relying on him.

Fml

Amazing how opinions can swing so wildly in one day.

Some were ready to burn the club down not 12 hours ago...it was a little embarrassing.

Just glad some on here don't have their finger on the button for the nukes otherwise we would be six foot under longer ago.

Anyway, we're all passionate and we all want success for the club, so onwards and upwards and rocking on at the Love Schache.

P.S. I had Chris Grant's number on my back as a kid and the bloke is still my hero. Wow, just wow.

Tough as it is - I will give it a go
I be got 29 with legitimate top 22 claims.

There loads of flexibility there with key position players.

JJ Trengove Morris
Wood Cordy Biggs
Macrae Bont Hunter
Dale Adams Dalhaus
Crameri Schache Smith

Boyd Liberatore McLean

Dunkley, Caleb, Picken, Jong, Williams, Young, Dickson , Wallis , Rough, Suckling, Redpath

Round 1 next year, all our talls are fit (funny I know) and Schache fitted in perfectly and had a good preseason. How do we line up.

Personally I'd have to go Moz, Adams, Cordy down back and Schache and Boyd up front with Trengove in the 2s. I know that's probably not gonna happen but who misses? Only option I can see is Schache in the vfl and Adams up front but Adams is sooo good down back and if Schache is looking good he's surely gotta get first crack?

Schache in the team if he gets his head right and has a good preseason. Hard work starts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back