Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlisle is contracted since hird is staying I think he is staying if bomber was coach we would have a shot player power kept hird

****ing bullshit but ahh well its done now, if we can't find a way to move up to 3 without giving up anything significant then lets just hold tight and hope Lever is available, could very well have gone top 3 without the injury and if we got him it would allow us to move Roughy forward who might just be the answer to our problems. We've drafted so well lately theres nothing to say whoever we can take at pick 6 won't end up to be a better player than McCartin or Wright anyway. Hell I still love Durdin, reckon he can turn out to be a fantastic forward, although he might take some time.

Melbourne still want a ransom for a 3 pick upgrade.... where as we could have stayed there and got what we wanted anyway!
This just guarantees we lose someone from our club as we must upgrade.... so no, not a win for us at all.
There's no way McCartin would have been there at 5 and a massive chance Wright neither.
If we have to give up 5 and hrovat or 5 and 26 I say do it. We haven't had a young key forward prospect since Grant and we can cover Hrovat. How are we gonna get near a flag if we're not willing to make the big moves.
It's gotta be done !!!!

******* bullshit but ahh well its done now, if we can't find a way to move up to 3 without giving up anything significant then lets just hold tight and hope Lever is available, could very well have gone top 3 without the injury and if we got him it would allow us to move Roughy forward who might just be the answer to our problems. We've drafted so well lately theres nothing to say whoever we can take at pick 6 won't end up to be a better player than McCartin or Wright anyway. Hell I still love Durdin, reckon he can turn out to be a fantastic forward, although he might take some time.
Lets stay put, we need a KPD.
Hope we can get a KPF from another club next year.... perhaps we can get 2, as we are going to have so much space in the salary cap....

There's no way McCartin would have been there at 5 and a massive chance Wright neither.
If we have to give up 5 and hrovat or 5 and 26 I say do it. We haven't had a young key forward prospect since Grant and we can cover Hrovat. How are we gonna get near a flag if we're not willing to make the big moves.
It's gotta be done !!!!
Wright will be there at pick 5.... because pies don't need a tall, they need to replace Beams. GWS need a KPD, St Kilda will take Petracca, Dees Brayshaw.... so, we get 1 of the KPF at 5.
If we are trading Hrovat, we also need Dees first pick in the second round to even it up and I am sure they won't offer that.
Dees would trade one of their picks to another team or take a KPF with the pick 3, which is why we are worse off.

Wright will be there at pick 5.... because pies don't need a tall, they need to replace Beams. GWS need a KPD, St Kilda will take Petracca, Dees Brayshaw.... so, we get 1 of the KPF at 5.
If we are trading Hrovat, we also need Dees first pick in the second round to even it up and I am sure they won't offer that.
All Hypothetical. If we trade up to 2 or 3, we get our tall. I'll spew if we sit on our pick and take the best at that pick.

******* bullshit but ahh well its done now, if we can't find a way to move up to 3 without giving up anything significant then lets just hold tight and hope Lever is available, could very well have gone top 3 without the injury and if we got him it would allow us to move Roughy forward who might just be the answer to our problems. We've drafted so well lately theres nothing to say whoever we can take at pick 6 won't end up to be a better player than McCartin or Wright anyway. Hell I still love Durdin, reckon he can turn out to be a fantastic forward, although he might take some time.
Why can't a KPD like McDonald later or something become a KPF?
At least we'd know he was more accountable defensively and probably has a better understanding about dangerous positions to put himself in..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can't a KPD like McDonald later or something become a KPF?
At least we'd know he was more accountable defensively and probably has a better understanding about dangerous positions to put himself in..
Not McDonald, but Durdin at pick 6, no one is sure where he will be best, KPF/KPD....
McKenzie at 20 (Band 2 compensation if we got it)

Not McDonald, but Durdin at pick 6, no one is sure where he will be best, KPF/KPD....
McKenzie at 20 (Band 2 compensation if we got it)
why would we get Band 2 compensation, who for? and why not McDonald? If our club saw fit to take him, he could definitely be developed there

seems like a hard working individual

This sickens me.

"Deserve"? "DESERVE"?!

Just reinforces what a complete f*** wit he is . Photo finish with him and Barrett
The whole process of these decisions is complete farce of the highest order, as well as the Scully v Ward compo.
There should have been a separate committee deciding on compo with us getting and end of second rounder and Frawley commanding an end of first rounder. Does anyone not in a drug or alcohol fuel haze reckon He is a pick 3 in the open market?

The arrogance and smugness of Melbourne supporters over getting pick 3 is astounding, they continue to get hand outs and piss them away, the suggestions they believe we have to give for a 3 pick upgrade is insane Hrovat is worth more than a 3 pick upgrade and the suggestion of Macrae for pick 3 is riddiculous

I doubt McCartin or Wright will make it past the top 4 picks.

Melbourne will happily trade you pick 3 and you'll be able to pick either, but not sure they'll take anyone outside your best 22.

Does anyone not in a drug or alcohol fuel haze reckon He is a pick 3 in the open market?
I agree with your sentiment, but the question is really whether Frawley is worth "band 1" compensation. That'll turn on the value of his contract, but I would be very surprised if this is legitimate.

The free agency rules are so strange. It must have been amateur hour when they designed them. The AFL as a competition (think about that word for a moment) has no integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back