Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon you guys got absolutely murdered with Ward compo. Let's face it, everyone in the bottom 8 of the comp is suffering right now due to that basketcase waste of time in the Sydney badlands. Ultimately we lost Scully and gained Hogan, it's pure luck that worked out in our favour.

But getting pick 3 for Frawley is legitimate. If you lost a key defender to any other team for $600k/4 years you'd have received pick 6 as compensation and all the teams beneath you would be pissed as well. Collingwood got the same band compensation for losing Thomas on $650k/4 years.

The compo is designed to protect teams like ours from being pillaged by the top 8.

WHAT A SHAME we aren't offered the same protection. We got killed in the Ward deal and at the time we should have been taking our pick from any of their young players who were already on their list (Cameron as he was unproven at the time). We had to trade out our best KPD to get a 7 pick upgrade in the 20's who has helped hawthorn win two flags and a big reason why they have. We had to trade him at the time to get what little value we could get. Time and Time again we have got shafted its just that our drafting ability has somewhat papered over the cracks. Builds a fairly compelling case as to why we hate how you guys have and and always will be treated better. We never got the million dollar coach paid for by Fat andy nor the suspended fine for tanking, but our FA's and young stars still seem to be walking out the door. Facts are we wouldn't have bottomed out the way we did had we had Ward (future captain) and Harbrow (last link to our 08 -10 backline).

We will always get shafted and our ability to never get the KPF we so badly desire once again is blunted by the AFL and now Melbourne. Begrudge us for not wanting to trade out one of our young stars to you guys so we can get a KPF who might not even make it.

Never said Macrae for the upgrade said Macrae and pick 3 straight swap is what some Melbourne supporters have thrown up as a great deal for us. Macrae is worth more than pick 2 or 3 on it's own and has achieved more in two seasons than most topline midfielders in the comp did

Fair enough, he's a great player.

Melbourne are in need of quality - not draft picks and fringe players.

So it would seem a deal between us is unlikely this year. McCartin would be a handy addition next to Hogan for the next 10 years anyway.

Not your post dude.... just think you guys shouldn't be here while we are ranting about being screwed by the AFL over your compensation.... tomorrow is another story.
Fair enough, sorry.

I brought up on the other board that I think 6 & 26 would be a fair trade for pick 3, just thought I'd throw that up here to see what you guys thought. You guys have some amazing young players coming through, you should definitely hold on to them.

Don't attack Melbourne, if the shoe was on the other foot we would be laughing. We are in a good position to trade and draft well, would still rather be in our position than there's regarding overall squads, don't trade away any of our future stars to upgrade, go with what we've got and hit hard next year.

Relax doggies! Now that the dees have pick 3 it is more likely that we can now trade up. Which I am very confident will happen. We've made it clear that we are going to be bold for a KF. It will happen - might just need a third club involved. One of wright or McCartin will be a dog in 2015. Just have faith in our recruiting staff.

Why can't a KPD like McDonald later or something become a KPF?
At least we'd know he was more accountable defensively and probably has a better understanding about dangerous positions to put himself in..
I don't know enough about him to judge really but its something we have to be considering for sure.

Relax doggies! Now that the dees have pick 3 it is more likely that we can now trade up. Which I am very confident will happen. We've made it clear that we are going to be bold for a KF. It will happen - might just need a third club involved. One of wright or McCartin will be a dog in 2015. Just have faith in our recruiting staff.

Yeah when they make us bleed for it and offer up Dahlhaus' name for a 3 pick upgrade. Get stuffed Dees prefer to deal with St Kilda to be honest. We ain't given them nuffin!

Interesting how a few people on the D&T board are stating that the hawks are not paying him 600k. Could be speaking absolute bullshit of course but would you really be surprised? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Interesting how a few people on the D&T board are stating that the hawks are not paying him 600k. Could be speaking absolute bullshit of course but would you really be surprised? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Lots of hawks fans adamant that they aren't offering a cent over 500k and 4 years. Jee Wiz if thats the case then AFL house will be set upon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, sorry.

I brought up on the other board that I think 6 & 26 would be a fair trade for pick 3, just thought I'd throw that up here to see what you guys thought. You guys have some amazing young players coming through, you should definitely hold on to them.

I think you would find that the majority of the dogs board believe that 6 and 26 for 3 would be a good result for both teams the majority of your board believe we must give up Hrovat, Hunter sort of player that we believe would be overs to move 3 places.

Honestly I believe 6, 26 for pick 3 would suit both teams.

you would have 2,6,23,26 and we would have 3,27,45 and whatever we receive for Jones

Yeah when they make us bleed for it and offer up Dahlhaus' name for a 3 pick upgrade. Get stuffed Dees prefer to deal with St Kilda to be honest. We ain't given them nuffin!
I reckon deal with GWS. We'd get pick 4 and sure theres a slight chance we won't get one but Melbourne and Saints will definitely take both Petrecca and Brayshaw meaning one of the talls would still be available. It'd also take a lot less to downgrade to 4 seeing as 6 would pretty much be just as good to GWS and they might have interest in some of our older players.

I think you would find that the majority of the dogs board believe that 6 and 26 for 3 would be a good result for both teams the majority of your board believe we must give up Hrovat, Hunter sort of player that we believe would be overs to move 3 places.

you would have 2,6,23,26 and we would have 3,27,45 and whatever we receive for Jones
Agreed. It's a great outcome. Roos could trade off pick 6 as well for another really highly rated midfielder he probably has his eyes on, and there's still depth in the mid 20's of the draft.

But I have no idea how hard ball Paul Roos is at the trade table to be honest.

Let's not expect any charity from Melbourne. Let's face it, they could have picks 1 through 4 and it still wouldn't make any difference. Poor culture breeds poor players and the ones that are bought in with the normal expectation of a high draft pick will fail. The history of handouts only makes them more reliant on more when the previous ones aren't enough, and the afl oblige.

Short of the afl buying Melbourne games, they will still be an ordinary side with a poor culture still sitting at the bottom of the ladder.

Sour grapes? No way. I'd have said the same thing 6 months ago.

I reckon deal with GWS. We'd get pick 4 and sure theres a slight chance we won't get one but Melbourne and Saints will definitely take both Petrecca and Brayshaw meaning one of the talls would still be available. It'd also take a lot less to downgrade to 4 seeing as 6 would pretty much be just as good to GWS and they might have interest in some of our older players.

Their going to want a player and the same names the Melbourne throw up they will to. Better dealing with St Kilda who have made everyone aware that they want more picks inside top 20.

Their going to want a player and the same names the Melbourne throw up they will to. Better dealing with St Kilda who have made everyone aware that they want more picks inside top 20.

Problem is we can't give the saints picks in the top 20 we have all of pick 6 in the top 20

So, pick 45 for Walker? Do-able?

I expect probably a third round pick for Jones. Maybe that or 27 for Mullet? Might be overs but the kid can play and would be a walk up in our 22 over Boyd, Stevens and probably Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back