Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emma Q is usually pretty spot on, wonder who we are keen on if its not Jaksch.

I would love to know the reason behind us not chasing Jaksch, if it is true.

With the club in great need of a KPF it would be irresponsible not to chase one that is available unless there is one hell of a good reason. The club needs to tell us it is doing something to address the KPF drought.

I haven't heard that and I dare say that is a minority attitude. If you think that represents a significant proportion of the supporter base, you can start a poll on this board and gauge the reaction.

"Accepting mediocrity" just happens to be the standard Bigfooty bullshit label to use when someone disagrees with your opinion, hence anytime it is used people will call it out for what it is.

Apologies for using you as a quote Mofra, to lazy to scroll back up. But agree with your reply to Zep

Or perhaps someone saying that is just a piss take attitude when a hated rival comes along, as if you Zep would take a comment like that seriously? I say that crap all the time, just heat of the moment, I really want to smash this team to bits, joking around, would sell my left nut for a win kind of attitude. Very piss poor example to use for your point in my opinion. I could give you a grammy award script length paper of the amount of times I have heard people jokingly say they don't care if they finish bottom this season as long as we beat....

The club has never accepted mediocrity, nor does the fans. Apparently according to many on here, just because some are supportive, have faith in the current system, and still financially support the club when we have our down times instead of keeping away, that means we are accepting mediocrity. I call it a load of s**t, and people throwing that word around because they can. We cannot change what happened since we came in the league 80 odd years ago, and nor can we do anything about poor team management between the 60's and 80's. Just because we've had little success doesn't mean we accept it, because sometimes crap happens, many times we have just fallen short in Preliminary Final. Not like the club sits back and says we won't try, and I doubt you'd find one single Bulldogs fan say from deep within themselves, that they'd actually mean stupid stuff like that

Come up with a better example

I would love to know the reason behind us not chasing Jaksch, if it is true.

With the club in great need of a KPF it would be irresponsible not to chase one that is available unless there is one hell of a good reason. The club needs to tell us it is doing something to address the KPF drought.

I hope the club doesn't tell us anything just goes out there and gets the right player. FWIW we seem to be a great judge of talent at the moment whether that's Dalrymple or the Macca's or a combination thereof. If we don't see Jaksch as adding the value we are after I'm very comfortable to trust the team to make the right call. Just because he's over 194cm and he's mates with Macrae doesn't mean he is the answer. I love the kick on him but we might believe he will be the next Jessie white instead...

I hope the club doesn't tell us anything just goes out there and gets the right player. FWIW we seem to be a great judge of talent at the moment whether that's Dalrymple or the Macca's or a combination thereof. If we don't see Jaksch as adding the value we are after I'm very comfortable to trust the team to make the right call. Just because he's over 194cm and he's mates with Macrae doesn't mean he is the answer. I love the kick on him but we might believe he will be the next Jessie white instead...
I agree. Think I said back that we've done a pretty good job in the last 3 years (Howard might be the exception) with our recruiting. I have plenty of faith that the club will get the best player who is the best fit - both on the ground and off it. Gone are the days we'll go after someone like Akker because of what they've done in the past.

If we can't land a Carlisle or someone of that ilk, we'll build our own by good recruiting.

I would be staggered if we got Jesse White or someone who can barely get a game at their own club - unless they're simply undervalued and Scarlo, Moons and Gia reckon they can rebuild them.

Field kicking awful DR. You don't want this man getting the ball at all.
Couldn't his the side of Adelaide Oval.

Last time I checked you can't handball a goal. Great mark, good tank...just lost the plot when it's come to his kicking. Could be a combo of technique, skill and grey matter.

Malceski - 2 year deal? I don't know if he'll walk but could be the first All Australian out of contract currently playing for peanuts. Has that poise across half back, hard as a cats head and doesn't mind creeping forward.

If Wood gets cut/traded, Malceski for mine.

Couldn't his the side of Adelaide Oval.

Last time I checked you can't handball a goal. Great mark, good tank...just lost the plot when it's come to his kicking. Could be a combo of technique, skill and grey matter.
Butchers issues are mental. He puts too much pressure on himself to kick straight. He is so tense, he could almost snap himself in half.
Needs a good situation off field, coming to us he will feel the pressure from the doggies faithful, just like Rawlings did. He is better off at St Kilda or Carltank, lower expectations for next year, than us who should have top 8 as our target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butchers issues are mental. He puts too much pressure on himself to kick straight. He is so tense, he could almost snap himself in half.
Needs a good situation off field, coming to us he will feel the pressure from the doggies faithful, just like Rawlings did. He is better off at St Kilda or Carltank, lower expectations for next year, than us who should have top 8 as our target.
Nah, his issue is physical. His action rivals Levi casboult's.

I'm with Doggies. I can't fathom how guys get through the system kicking like that. All the kids in fronk juniors under 8s and under 6 teams get taught how to drop the ball on the boot better than these guys. Amazing.

I know a hot blond who would. Say the words "afl footballer" and her legs gently spread in response....

329636-darren-jarman.jpg

Nah, his issue is physical. His action rivals Levi casboult's.

I'm with Doggies. I can't fathom how guys get through the system kicking like that. All the kids in fronk juniors under 8s and under 6 teams get taught how to drop the ball on the boot better than these guys. Amazing.
They were top students at the VitalDread Spud Kicking Academy
Im so proud of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back