Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

"STEVEN May will be at Gold Coast beyond this season, saying a contract extension is imminent. The out-of-contract Suns co-captain said it was "all positive" from his end and he was confident a new deal would be inked in the coming weeks. "Talks are going well and, hopefully pretty soon, something should get done," May said on Tuesday. "I'm very confident. "The CBA is done now so hopefully in the coming weeks, maybe sooner, we should hear something." May is one of the best fullbacks in the competition, and at the centre of much speculation about his future. The 25-year-old said he just wanted to focus on playing better football before ramping up his contract talks. He said he never considered going elsewhere. "It's funny, sometimes you read an article that you're linked to a club you've never spoken to," he said. "I guess that's all part of it. "Coming out of contract and being a new captain it's always going to be a talking point, but no, that hasn't been something I've addressed. "That's just media speculation. "I'm not Nat Fyfe or Dustin Martin and they're in the media every day, so I'm pretty lucky in that sense. "It is amusing sometimes." May will play his 100th game on Saturday when Gold Coast hosts North Melbourne at Metricon Stadium."

I would really like to know

1. Where we are at with JJ and contract negotiations/talks.

2. Given the last three weeks where opposition sides have tagged him I would like to know how other teams may view him now as compared to before in terms of recruiting him.

At the start of season it seemed he was banking on a big year to command the bigger contract hence put all talks off. Since then he indicated talks back on BUT with the tags recently it may have thrown a spanner in the works to an extent.

Last edited:
Does Dan Menzel interest people? He's a FA so wouldn't cost a pick.

Would he really leave Geelong? Be kind of a pricks act if he's got a half decent offer from them and doesn't take it after they stuck with him through 4 knee recos.
I think I read somewhere they're offering him two years and he's pushing for three, can't really blame him given his knees. Guess it depends how you look at it.

If we don't make the finals or crash out, I think it will be a bridge too far for our older players to get up again. I can see Murphy, Morris, Boyd and perhaps Picken all pulling the pin. What is there to stay for if your body is saying enough and you have won a premiership already? And injuries are making it harder and harder to stay fit? I also think the coaches would be looking to rejuvenate the side and that means going for new talent.

And, of course, if we did win it, then that's the perfect ending for these blokes to ride off into the sunset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how much was just for TV but Moz was asked on the channel 7 Sunday footy show about next year and he expressed that he wanted to keep going.

Seems the most likely of the "big 3".

Not sure how much was just for TV but Moz was asked on the channel 7 Sunday footy show about next year and he expressed that he wanted to keep going.

Seems the most likely of the "big 3".
I want Moz to play forever but getting a little bit worried of late. A few little signs that he's getting close, in my opinion.

3 year $1.8 million? I would be asking his manager what it'll take.
Faaaaaaaark no. That'd make him one of our top 3 paid players, dawg.

Closer to 400k with the new cap could be doable, but nobody will offer him 3 years. He's had 4 knee reco's. That's like a club offering Clay 3 years. Not going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back