Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In fact several high level sportsmen have had to retire due to their diabetes so their is no ignorance at all.

McCartin is having massive issues controlling his diabetes with high output training. The club and medical staff are finding it very hard to maintain his levels.

His endurance level has risen less than 5% from his starting AFL testing results

Most athletes can control their diabetes but Mcartin is having major iasues
An ex girlfriend of mine had type one diabetes and it was very difficult to
even go out for a nature walk because you would have a pocket full of
starburst lollies and her insulin pen in the other pocket and she was not
playing elite sport, she was a gym junkie though which actually helped
with aspects of the diabetes. Patty McCartin had a small cut on his leg
from training in his first year and spent two days in hospital as a result
because they don't heal as well. Hopefully with the advancements in
medical technology the regulation and treatment for type one diabetics
can become easy and routine and eliminate the nasty side effects that
can come later in life such as blindness and amputation of limbs.

In fact several high level sportsmen have had to retire due to their diabetes so their is no ignorance at all.

McCartin is having massive issues controlling his diabetes with high output training. The club and medical staff are finding it very hard to maintain his levels.

His endurance level has risen less than 5% from his starting AFL testing results

Most athletes can control their diabetes but Mcartin is having major iasues

Yeah I seem to remember pre-draft articles that McCartin had particularly bad diabeties, needed extra breaks and injections multiple times during games?

Read yesterday Essendon having a bit of a cleanout of older players similar to North at the end of the year, Jobe, Stanton, Hocking to name a few. Frees up plenty of cash to chase JJ, so if JJ and his manager are adamant about his price then would be tough to hold on to him.
Remember Dodo Bird offered a second rounder and a reserves player for Scott West. We should return the favour make the first move and ask for Hurley.

Read yesterday Essendon having a bit of a cleanout of older players similar to North at the end of the year, Jobe, Stanton, Hocking to name a few. Frees up plenty of cash to chase JJ, so if JJ and his manager are adamant about his price then would be tough to hold on to him.
Remember Dodo Bird offered a second rounder and a reserves player for Scott West. We should return the favour make the first move and ask for Hurley.

Dodoro counters with James Kelly, but we have to send a 2nd rounder along with JJ.

Can we get some more posts about diabetes?
7ac.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how Chris Yarran is doing over in Perth?
Terrible.
A couple of weeks back it was on the news he was involved in a police chase,he abandoned the car and the police dog found him hiding in someone's front lawn. Apparently he had no licence and he was remanded into custody.
I think he's back out on bail but not sure.

Terrible.
A couple of weeks back it was on the news he was involved in a police chase,he abandoned the car and the police dog found him hiding in someone's front lawn. Apparently he had no licence and he was remanded into custody.
I think he's back out on bail but not sure.
Think you might be mixing up Chris and Shane Yarran.

Think you might be mixing up Chris and Shane Yarran.
You would be correct,I have done that.
Early in the season I heard Chris Yarran was playing WAFL,I'm pretty sure it was for Swan Districts. The first two games he played a half in the reserves and performed moderately. Not sure what happened after that but the news hasn't been saying much which is probably not a good sign.
There's a couple of young blokes in the WAFL who would definitely be worth a look. Some lively types who could play forward like Ryan from Subiaco or Kelly from South Fremantle are very good.

You would be correct,I have done that.
Early in the season I heard Chris Yarran was playing WAFL,I'm pretty sure it was for Swan Districts. The first two games he played a half in the reserves and performed moderately. Not sure what happened after that but the news hasn't been saying much which is probably not a good sign.
There's a couple of young blokes in the WAFL who would definitely be worth a look. Some lively types who could play forward like Ryan from Subiaco or Kelly from South Fremantle are very good.

Ryan has less endurance than me. So, no he can't be considered for AFL. But he is so talented.... is a WAFL star!

Ryan has less endurance than me. So, no he can't be considered for AFL. But he is so talented.... is a WAFL star!
Ryan ran a sub 11 beep, I think closer to 10.1 than to 11.1. That's not good enough. I don't give a rat's ass how good he is, or that he doesn't play a running position, if he doesn't show marked improvement on that then I cannot support us drafting him. It's my opinion that a sub 11 beep for an aspiring professional athlete shows a distinct lack of dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back