Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is recruiting a young mobile 195 cm tall back/fwd who averaged
1.3 goals this year (More than certain well paid players) a bad thing.
And Cordy replaces Hamling down back and if Adams wants to go,
let him go those homesick things never end well.

Unfortunately moving from the 4th best sydney swans forward line to the 12th best bulldogs forward line means he probably wont keep kicking 1.3 goals a game once he puts on the red white and blue sweater.

Yeah I don't rate Joel anywhere near Marcus. Joel is easily replaceable. Marcus not so much.

Don't agree that the difference is that wide.

Adams is stronger and has a better long kick but that it's. Hamling is just as quick, less likely to scrub a short kick and IMO less vulnerable to the high ball.

Both fit in our system.

Adams has more value cause he's contracted but I don't agree the difference is huge. Adams is a better prospect sure, but I felt Hamling was unfairly dropped on occasions.

Frustrating to lose a very handy KPD and premiership FB, however nobody can begrudge him for taking a much longer and better contract than what we were offering. He has to look out for his long term future. Just wish we improved our offer once Adams flagged that he wanted to leave now or in a year. That worries me.

Getting Lids in would ease my stress considerably! Disappointing we havent completed the Cloke deal yet but I presume Collingwood are holding that one up, as they have no idea when it comes to list management
Will be done on thursday

We got bent over in that trade. Can live with the trade due to circumstances but those later downgrades is piss poor from us. They would always have traded that pick for him without the later swaps. Disappointing.

I assume the result of trade week is to have a better list at the end of it than you started with ??

Really piss poor effort IMO. Not proactive enough. Yes i know many disagree but I'm entitled to think this and do

F- so far
Other than sending Jong to GC for pick 27, who or what else would you have targeted? Is the player we want there this year? Or is that player there next year?

Just don't think we should make trades for the sake of making trades.

Fwiw I would have rathered pick 27 than Jong, but happy we didn't up our offer to keep him either.

Don't agree that the difference is that wide.

Adams is stronger and has a better long kick but that it's. Hamling is just as quick, less likely to scrub a short kick and IMO less vulnerable to the high ball.

Both fit in our system.

Adams has more value cause he's contracted but I don't agree the difference is huge. Adams is a better prospect sure, but I felt Hamling was unfairly dropped on occasions.

Yeah disagree. Adams' marking v Hamling is night and day.

Got a feeling we will move picks around with the Saints when we do the Stevens trade. Try and get P36.

Sneaky suspicion we swap future second rd picks with the Saints. Their trade advice for Steele only specified a future second rd pick - not theirs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sneaky suspicion we swap future second rd picks with the Saints. Their trade advice for Steele only specified a future second rd pick - not theirs.
Nah not possible. GWS already have in their possession the Saints' 2nd round pick for next year. You can't then change that after the fact - ie a second round 2017 future pick of Brisbane's is worth in 2016 a lot more than one of ours or GWS'.

Hamlings a pretty good grab. He took numerous intercept marks in the finals. Adams is an elite mark but Hamling is above average.

Adams nearly 6 marks a game to Hamling 3 and a half. Adams nearly double the contested marks to Hamling.

Night and day IMO.

Also Adams 16 possessions to Hamling 10.

Different players but Adams is a far superior player IMO.

Might have to agree to disagree.

Adams nearly 6 marks a game to Hamling 3 and a half. Adams nearly double the contested marks to Hamling.

Night and day IMO.

Also Adams 16 possessions to Hamling 10.

Different players but Adams is a far superior player IMO.

Might have to agree to disagree.

Offensively agree Adams is significantly better.

But hammer was better defensively IMO. The two most commanding key power forward performances were directly on Adams (Waite and Franklin). Hamling did a better job of shutting the big guys down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back