Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan ran a sub 11 beep, I think closer to 10.1 than to 11.1. That's not good enough. I don't give a rat's ass how good he is, or that he doesn't play a running position, if he doesn't show marked improvement on that then I cannot support us drafting him. It's my opinion that a sub 11 beep for an aspiring professional athlete shows a distinct lack of dedication.

Strongly agree.
I also think there is an attitude issue behind the lack of dedication to fitness.

Ryan ran a sub 11 beep, I think closer to 10.1 than to 11.1. That's not good enough. I don't give a rat's ass how good he is, or that he doesn't play a running position, if he doesn't show marked improvement on that then I cannot support us drafting him. It's my opinion that a sub 11 beep for an aspiring professional athlete shows a distinct lack of dedication.
He came from woop woop to play last year so he didn't do any pre season,he wasn't overly dedicated and got spotted and dragged down to play.
He's a kid,I don't think he's not professional it's just he's a bit naive I guess. Oozes Xfactor,exactly what we need. Maybe we could even rookie list him if no one else is interested.
No idea about this Kelly's beeps but he's a gun also.

Current list of our out of contract players.

Matthew BOYD- Unrestricted Free Agent
Dale MORRIS- Unrestricted Free Agent
Robert MURPHY- Unrestricted Free Agent
Declan HAMILTON
Jack REDPATH
Bailey DALE
Lukas WEBB
Mitch HONEYCHURCH
Jason JOHANNISEN
Stewart CRAMERI

Rookie options

Roarke SMITH- delist or promote
Josh PRUDDEN- delist, promote or retain (2nd year)
Nathan MULLENGER-McHUGH- delist, promote or retain (2nd year)
Brad LYNCH- delist, promote or retain (3rd year)
Tristan TWEEDIE- delist, promote or retain (2nd year)

A lot of decisions to be made.

Shuey re-signed the day or day after the new CBA was announced, Daniher has re-signed today as well which would also have been waiting for CBA to come through.

The longer it is for JJ, the more unlikely it is that he is staying. If it's not in the next two weeks, I won't hold any more hope. One problem now is that some club has already committed to a higher figure than ours, which is presumably not going to be going higher based on his output & inability to shake a hard tag

Matthew Boyd (Retire)
Dale Morris (Re-Sign)
Declan Hamilton (Delist)
Jack Redpath (Re-Sign)
Robert Murphy (Re-Sign)
Bailey Dale (Re-Sign)
Lukas Webb (Re-Sign)
Mitch Honeychurch (Trade)
Jason Johannisen (Trade)
Stewart Crameri (Trade)

Roarke Smith
Josh Prudden (Delist)
Brad Lynch (Re-Sign)
Nathan Mullenger-McHugh (Re-Sign)
Tristan Tweedie (Re-Sign)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we'll circle back to Crameri with Cloke a fair chance to be off the list next season (yes, this is a real possibility).
From what I know, Crameri is Gone. So forwards will need to be a big focus this year in the Draft/Trade

I just dont see Crameri ever being an AFL quality player again after missing the amount of football he has, at his age. He looked miles off the pace early in the year (understandably) and he's only gonna be worse off next year. Also still annoyed about him having his wedding the day before the GF. To be honest I really don't want to see him at the club next year. Never liked the guy.

I just dont see Crameri ever being an AFL quality player again after missing the amount of football he has, at his age. He looked miles off the pace early in the year (understandably) and he's only gonna be worse off next year. Also still annoyed about him having his wedding the day before the GF. To be honest I really don't want to see him at the club next year. Never liked the guy.
I'm the opposite, I've always liked him. I remember when we were shit and things were looking grim he wanted to come to us and it gave me a little more hope that we might stop being shit at some point.

Yeah, I reckon he'll retire.

So we'll have 4 retiring, and 3 or 4 leaving for another club.

Not good in a poor draft year.
No, this year's draft has good available talent in the late first-second round position we usually find ourselves in. Not incredibly deep though, maybe some quality mids will slip through but not a whole lot else.

On the draft thread there was a suggestion that we would get pick 28 from Melbourne for Crameri. Now, I'm going to assume that's out of the question, but what is realistic compensation for him?

From what I know, Crameri is Gone. So forwards will need to be a big focus this year in the Draft/Trade
I'm very iffy on drafting key forwards outside of the top 10 or very late as speculative picks. We would surely have to focus on trading for KPFs, but we could cover one small forward in the draft via Gryan Miers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back