Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Gold Coast paid Motlop $800k a year, would cats get a first round pick that they can give to Gold Coast?

Just got told Bulldogs have told 3 clubs the top ten pick is only way they will trade stringer...

Not on any circumstance will they move him on unless they get it.. Geelong,North,Essendon..

Same person said Dogs tried for Abblett hard... he was not interested and deal is done with Suns and Motlop and another pic

Impey and Trengrove met with Eastern wood and Bonti and are desperate to play at dogs ....

Well your right on Motlop. An article is on AFL about him meeting up with gc

Just got told Bulldogs have told 3 clubs the top ten pick is only way they will trade stringer...

Not on any circumstance will they move him on unless they get it.. Geelong,North,Essendon..

Same person said Dogs tried for Abblett hard... he was not interested and deal is done with Suns and Motlop and another pic

Impey and Trengrove met with Eastern wood and Bonti and are desperate to play at dogs ....
Motlop is a free agent ffs

A hell of a lot of smoke out there, and a Crows fan that I trust is resigned to him wanting to head to Vic. Would still surprise me if it happened but there's enough substance for me to think that it's potentially more than the standard Saints fan bluster.
And the Saints do have 2 top 10 picks - that's a lot of ammunition for a trade. Sloan is 28 at the start of next season, so if he wants a big move on huge money he is best to do it now. It's not completely far fetched is it? I wonder if we are interested?

Not sure I've seen this in any of the relevant threads, but yesterday Jay Clark was saying:

"The Dogs have made clear they will not accept a second-round selection for Stringer and will attempt to keep him at the kennel next season without adequate compensation.

Suns’ list chief Scott Clayton said Stringer’s value had taken a small hit.

“I would have said before last month or so (he was worth) mid-first (round) but I think it might have dropped-off a little bit,’ Clayton said.

“It’s very hard to step back (from trading a player) once you say (to them) ‘You’re out’.”

I'm guessing that article left out where Clayton was directly asked if stringer has dropped to a second rounder value and he definitely said no it's just taken a little hit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the Saints do have 2 top 10 picks - that's a lot of ammunition for a trade. Sloan is 28 at the start of next season, so if he wants a big move on huge money he is best to do it now. It's not completely far fetched is it? I wonder if we are interested?

Why would Adelaide trade their number one midfielder for draft picks when they are in a premiership window and need to bolster their midfield which already lacks depth

Wow, your guy has some amazing info. It's not like there was a photo of Impey and Trengove having dinner with Bont circling around a week ago...I didn't realise that Wood and Bont are our list managers now.

Why would Adelaide trade their number one midfielder for draft picks when they are in a premiership window and need to bolster their midfield which already lacks depth
I don't think that they will. But as Dan said, the idea is not completely ridiculous given that the Saints have both the draft picks and the Cap space to accommodate Sloan if he is really keen to get back to Victoria. Some trade rumours are just outlandish because the destination club doesn't have the currency to land the player - this is not one of those.

I'd say Adelaide are facing a major review and soul-search. May even drop out of contention in 2018.

I'd say Adelaide are facing a major review and soul-search. May even drop out of contention in 2018.

Still doesn't make sense. Why chase Gibbs (apparently) and let Sloane go ?? I would be furious if the Dogs finished runners up and then conceded they couldn't do any better next year and just gave up

Still doesn't make sense. Why chase Gibbs (apparently) and let Sloane go ?? I would be furious if the Dogs finished runners up and then conceded they couldn't do any better next year and just gave up
Well, they would be trying to get currency while they can? Sloane can go walkabouts next year which means Adelaide miss out on currency

Just the Essendon and Brisbane media teams trolling on twitter and it is glorious to see people shit their pants over it thinking a massive deal about to be done
Think you were spot on with this. Pretty amateurish stuff from both accounts really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back