Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

...Tune in and you'll hear Damian barrett ;)
giphy.gif

An explosive interview by Jake Stringer's former fiancee last week has stalled the Bulldog's search for a new club, according to his manager Paul Connors.

In a News Corp story last week, Abby Gilmore detailed her rocky relationship with Stringer, with whom she has two children, and accused the 2016 premiership player of lying, gambling and being unfaithful to her. Off-field issues were the main reason for the Dogs' shock announcement that they would be looking to trade Stringer, who is still under contract, in the coming weeks.

Stringer expected to nominate a new home by the end of last week, but Connors wasn't concerned by the delay.

"There's no rush, we've got time," Connors said. "I think you've got to allow the process to take place.

"He's just working through it as well. He's had a whirlwind few weeks, he's had a couple of weeks to think about this but he's got a few issues he's dealing with and he'll address that in due course.

"In time he'll make a decision on where he thinks is best for his football."

Connors admitted Stringer had not been enjoying the process of looking for a new club.

Essendon and Geelong appear to be the frontrunners for Stringer's signature, with the Bombers reportedly slightly ahead of the Cats. But Connors said that wasn't necessarily the case.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...gers-search-for-new-club-20171003-gytbfr.html
No decision yet. Sounds like Stringer is struggling.

I feel like this is fair, and in terms of realism Im not too sure, but it would definitely be a good outcome in my opinion.

1. Sign Jackson Trengove
2. Trade with Fremantle= Hayden Crozier and 2018 4th Round Pick for 2018 3rd Round Pick
3. Trade with Port Adelaide= Jarman Impey and Pick 66 for Pick 39
4. Trade with Melbourne= 2018 4th Round Pick for Stewart Crameri
5. Trade with Collingwood= 2018 4th Round Pick for Mitch Honeychurch
6. Trade with Essendon= Pick 11 for Jake Stringer and Pick 26
7. Trade with Gold Coast= Pick 22, Pick 24 and 2018 1st Round Pick for Pick 9, Pick 11 and Pick 66
NAB AFL Draft
Pick 22= Gryan Miers
Pick 24= Hugh Dixon
Pick 80= Roarke Smith
2018 Draft Picks
First Round Pick
First Round Pick (tied to Gold Coast)
Second Round Pick
Fourth Round Pick (tied to Collingwood)
Fourth Round Pick (tied to Fremantle)
Fourth Round Pick (tied to Melbourne)
Overall
IN: Jackson Trengove, Jarman Impey, Hayden Crozier, Roarke Smith, Gryan Miers and Hugh Dixon
OUT: Robert Murphy, Matthew Boyd, Declan Hamilton, Stewart Crameri, Mitch Honeychurch and Jake Stringer
Draft Picks
IN: 3x 2018 4th Round Picks (Collingwood, Melbourne, Fremantle), Pick 66 (on-traded to Gold Coast), Pick 11 (on-traded to Gold Coast), Pick 22, Pick 24 and 2018 First Round Pick (Gold Coast)
OUT: 2018 3rd Round Pick, Pick 26, Pick 39, Pick 9

I feel like this is fair, and in terms of realism Im not too sure, but it would definitely be a good outcome in my opinion.

1. Sign Jackson Trengove
2. Trade with Fremantle= Hayden Crozier and 2018 4th Round Pick for 2018 3rd Round Pick
7. Trade with Gold Coast= Pick 22, Pick 24 and 2018 1st Round Pick for Pick 9, Pick 11 and Pick 66
NAB AFL Draft
Pick 22= Gryan Miers
Pick 24= Hugh Dixon
Pick 80= Roarke Smith
2018 Draft Picks
First Round Pick
Second Round Pick
Overall
IN: Jackson Trengove, Jarman Impey, Hayden Crozier, Roarke Smith, Gryan Miers and Hugh Dixon
OUT: Robert Murphy, Matthew Boyd, Declan Hamilton, Stewart Crameri, Mitch Honeychurch and Jake Stringer
Draft Picks
IN: 3x 2018 4th Round Picks (Collingwood, Melbourne, Fremantle), Pick 66 (on-traded to Gold Coast), Pick 11 (on-traded to Gold Coast), Pick 22, Pick 24 and 2018 First Round Pick (Gold Coast)
Meh , pffft, nah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, they would be trying to get currency while they can? Sloane can go walkabouts next year which means Adelaide miss out on currency

Would get some compensation, but I hear what you are saying.

Stringer deal giving to much back.
too many 2018s swapping hands
relying to much on other deals getting done to get deals done.
Just overall to convoluted
the players in and out no issues agree there and your around the mark on what players are worth just need simplification

Why do you say that?
Just the more and more I hear from people at the club it sounds like pick 11 will be used for the draft and not in a trade. Without pick 11 we can't get the Stringer deal done. My understanding is Connors is still pushing the Cats as they can get a deal done faster.
Dodoro should be sacked on the spot if we stuff this up

Stringer deal giving to much back.
too many 2018s swapping hands
relying to much on other deals getting done to get deals done.
Just overall to convoluted
the players in and out no issues agree there and your around the mark on what players are worth just need simplification
Trades arent gonna be simple these days, and also lots and lots of trades rely on other deals being done

Just the more and more I hear from people at the club it sounds like pick 11 will be used for the draft and not in a trade. Without pick 11 we can't get the Stringer deal done. My understanding is Connors is still pushing the Cats as they can get a deal done faster.
Dodoro should be sacked on the spot if we stuff this up

Essendope won't trade #11 without getting #26 back.. so we should pass on that

Essendope won't trade #11 without getting #26 back.. so we should pass on that
Story is that neither Ess or Geel willing to offer stringer anything over 400k with many stipulations in his contract no wonder he is quietly sooking it up but has no one to blame but himself.
At this stage and only a personal opinion I can't see a deal getting done.

Story is that neither Ess or Geel willing to offer stringer anything over 400k with many stipulations in his contract no wonder he is quietly sooking it up but has no one to blame but himself.
At this stage and only a personal opinion I can't see a deal getting done.

Essendope offered over $600k ..

Essendope offered over $600k ..
Off sporting news

Now it seems only Essendon and Geelong have any interest, but I’m hearing neither is prepared to trade more than a late first-rounder, and Jakey himself can expect a salary under $400,000 and a deal no longer than three years.

There’ll doubtless be trigger clauses, but it’s a warning sign for others who think their football talent will see them always in demand.

For what it’s worth I’m expecting Stringer to end up at Essendon, but like any bad dog he’ll be kept on a very, very short leash.

1. Sign Jackson Trengove
NAB AFL Draft
Pick 22= Gryan Miers
Pick 24= Hugh Dixon
Pick 80= Roarke Smith
2018 Draft Picks
First Round Pick
Second Round Pick
Overall
Draft Picks
Can’t see the Gold Coast doing that trade but stranger things have happened.

Feel like Crameri and Honeychurch will be delisted. Either that or traded for late picks in this years draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back